• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aqua hybrid battery replacement

37 minutes ago, gayanath said:

Don't take just the meaning of my statement like a grade 5 scholarship guy ......? (තරහින් නෙමෙයි කිව්වේ ...... ?)

What I mean by used car is the car imported to the country as used cars (reconditioned status) where we have no agent responsible for them.

Again not true :)

UK, Australia, Singapore get new JDM vehicles as grey imports and has been happening for ages.  Japan gets brand new and slightly used European and American cars as grey imports as well. America is a bit hard because of their non compromising regulations. So I stand by what I said..still...people in other countries do buy "used" cars. The only thing I would agree with you on is it would not be to the extent as we do in Sri Lanka. Which they do not need to because there already would be a very good selection of  vehicles offered by the agent for the local market and the offerings would be as refined (not stripped down like in SL) as the JDM or other market variants. But then again...there still are a decent amount of grey imports.

On 6/25/2020 at 9:55 AM, gayanath said:

For this particular as well as specific case (I mean HV battery fault), we have not yet identified any safety issue or technical issue by running with the fault. All safety systems as well as all other systems are working well. And car will not die by 10km as  @HaeylM suggested. 

you will never being stranded on the side of the road. @HaeylM

Sure buddy, Your Expert opinion >>>>>>> my real life experience of being stranded. 

Just lemme find the delete button in my brain and pretend like none of it happened. Also help me track down the mechanic near kadugannawa so that we can erase the memories of him fixing the car next day. (LOVE YOUR CONFIDENCE AND BOLD WRITING SAYING THAT YOU WILL NEVER BE STRANDED IN THE SIDE OF THE ROAD IF YOU HAVE AN AQUA).  Meet me in bakery junction with a ski mask and a hoody, we'll finish up the job in a few hours ??.... 

People of the world! Its time to get an aqua?. It will never die off and leave you stranded in the side of the road according to @gayanath

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 6/26/2020 at 3:16 AM, vag2 said:

Also max limit of around 1500RPm must have been during limp mode.

Btw, i have no idea how much the rpm was but yeah the car was probably in limp mode for a while. Its easier to feel the limp mode in modern petrol cars because you can hear the car rev on high throttle but the car stays sluggish, In HV it wasn't a big engine rev and more of just the car going sluggish for a while and then slowing down to a halt. 

• Like 1