• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

hi,

I am planning to buy a Toyota Premio 2013 and I am interested in G Superior version....I heard about there're lots of  premios that rebadged to G Superior..what are the differents of G superior and other grades? how can I find whether is it a rebadged or not?  

Please search the forum. There are lots of things discussed about Premios/Allions in general. :P Simple answer is you should have to have the 2000cc engine variant to get the original G Superior trim. There is a G Superior dealer package introduced to 1500cc variant also but it's pretty hard to distinguish it from local maka bass/sale bayya modifications which is the case with about 99% G Superiors in SL. Sometimes it's just the Rs 4000 badge sourced from Panchikawatte. Easiest thing is to do is to forget the G Superior thing (as it's fake anyways) and pay attention to overall condition, maintenance and ownership details. If you find a loaded one with above criteria take that as a bonus.

• Like 3

HI,

I went to watch a white premio today and I am very satisfied with it....it has G superior badge but when I searchd the chassi number in jpcenter.ru , it shows that this is something called FAT grade...what was it?is this not a G superior version?

1 hour ago, danuja said:

HI,

I went to watch a white premio today and I am very satisfied with it....it has G superior badge but when I searchd the chassi number in jpcenter.ru , it shows that this is something called FAT grade...what was it?is this not a G superior version?

If you read the above hrm and irage posted you should see that the actual  G superior will come with a 2L engine. 

As for FAT you're probably referring to something like this 

image.png.dc64c7787b475922a5e94080df4bec85.png

Here FAT refers to transmission and AAC refers to Air conditioning and nothing with the grade. 

In Sri Lanka the local buy-and-sell mudalali or the car sale guy from Kohuwala would say the best way to identify the G Superior is by the rear wiper. If you see the pic below it's an 'F' grade with EX Trim and it comes with a rear wiper ...so these boys fix the G-Superior badge sourced from Maradana and Presto your Budget-Bentley just became a few more lakhs worth 

image.png

Edited by matroska
couldn't resist a rant against the buy-and-sell boys
  • Like 2

so this is really hard to identify a G superior!!?

anyway tomorrow I'm going to buy that car , its a 2014 manufactured and 2015 registered one with a "CAE" number plate and the milage is around 56000 , I checked emission reports but I am not sure is it a true millage or not....but according to jpcenter auction sheet its imported as a brand new car.aloso the photos that in auction sheet also have the g superior badge 

Edited by danuja

I think you missed the point in all our responses.

The actual G Superior comes with ONLY the 2.0L engine. The 1.5L and 1.8L does not have a G Superior. End of story.

The 1.5L comes only in F grade and the 1.8L in X grade. A few years ago Toyota DEALERS in Japan offered what is called the SUPRIOR package where they put the 2.)L version's body parts on the 1.5L car.  If the Japanese auction pics have the G Superior badges on it then it probably was one that was done by the Toyota dealer in Japan. However you should realize that no matter what it says..the Auction sheet and even your model code will show that it is a F or a F EX Package or something. Look at my previous responses....I have included the model code for a F grade Premio. Your car will have the same code...not a G Superior code. So you are NOT buying a G Superior. You are buying a F or a F EX Package or something.

• Like 1

@danuja any reason you have opted to buy from a car sale and not directly from an individual/personal user?

Colour me skeptical but I personally can't seem to shake that feeling that most car sale folks have done some kind of juglery on a car

I hope you are getting an indepentant / 3rd party assesment at a reputed garage with a scanner or a Toyota Lanka condition report or a CarChecks inspection before buying.

A test drive of the car will reveal a lot as well. If a seller is reluctant to oblige with these things, it begs a question as to whether or not they are trying to hide something?

• Like 1

So you are buying from a car sale and expect it to be genuine? I mean buying a Premio from a car sale ?  Premio, car sale and honesty usually not going to be in a single sentence unless you are vey lucky. You know if a car like Premio is in a such good condition the current owner could have easily sell it himself. Was the car sold on open papers or is it just on display at the sale ?However if you have made up your mind then do a thorough check with TL before buying. 

Edited by hrm

On 6/3/2020 at 2:01 AM, danuja said:

Thanks very much

This is the car i am gonna buy btw...

354B1C7C-F220-45D9-BB28-8B96C1DAD680.jpeg

Is that front tire worn out (outter side) ? There seem to be no groove on it...or is it just the camera playing tricks ?

Anyway...congrats on the new car.  I hope you have found a decent car. I hope you were satisfied with the car because you took it to a 3rd party and got it inspected.

Hey i brought that car and also did a toyota lanka chekup and car is also in a good condition.

1 hour ago, hrm said:

So you are buying from a car sale and expect it to be genuine? I mean buying a Premio from a car sale ?  Premio, car sale and honesty usually not going to be in a single sentence unless you are vey lucky. You know if a car like Premio is in a such good condition the current owner could have easily sell it himself. Was the car sold on open papers or is it just on display at the sale ?However if you have made up your mind then do a thorough check with TL before buying. 

No actually I didn’t buy this from a car sale its just showed on a car sale i met the owner when i buy this and he is in Italy..how ever when he is Italy , this car has been stayed a long period of time without starting so we had to change the battery but he fully paid for it

Edited by danuja

24 minutes ago, danuja said:

Hey I brought the car but i had a lil confusing issue with it....here when i start the car by using push start..it make a litlle noice like grrr before start..is it normal?

I’ll upload a video link about it,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RI20QXKbxdU0ULveSJzzB5V3rm7jk3F_/view?usp=drivesdk

it'll be my pleasure if somebody can tell me about it

I've heard allions and premios making that noise before, guess its normal

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, danuja said:

Hey i brought that car and also did a toyota lanka chekup and car is also in a good condition.

No actually I didn’t buy this from a car sale its just showed on a car sale i met the owner when i buy this and he is in Italy..how ever when he is Italy , this car has been stayed a long period of time without starting so we had to change the battery but he fully paid for it

Congrats ! So the owner initially put it on display on a sale I guess and most sales keep the battery disconnected or removed it all together to stop draining.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, danuja said:

Hey I brought the car but i had a lil confusing issue with it....here when i start the car by using push start..it make a litlle noice like grrr before start..is it normal?

I’ll upload a video link about it,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RI20QXKbxdU0ULveSJzzB5V3rm7jk3F_/view?usp=drivesdk

it'll be my pleasure if somebody can tell me about it

Normal I think. Sound of steering wheel lock getting released or something.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, danuja said:

Thanks a lot everyone u guyz helped me a lot to choose this finally...thank you very much

Well where's the dedicated thread? It's customary to create a  thread dedicated for your new vehicle to thank and share pictures, reviews, maintenance info, adventures etc with the forum members who helped to choose your new ride.

Examples:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

Well where's the dedicated thread? It's customary to create a  thread dedicated for your new vehicle to thank and share pictures, reviews, maintenance info, adventures etc with the forum members who helped to choose your new ride.

Examples:

omg I didn't know about that..I will upload