• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

JDM future classics

john cooper

3 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

AZ-1's i don't think @Kavvz but we had two X-90's!

@Gummybr remeber the red one which I think BP De Silva owned near Thunmulla on Havelock Road

There was another which came up for sale some months back - i forget where but recall seeing it and had a moment of what on earth lol

Not even one AZ-1? Sad: It looks awesome! Plus as they say if it breaks down you could load it in the back of a pickup and bring it home! :D 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, speed8 said:

Actually, I've seen many Seras around (I don't know about exact numbers) but almost all of them are riced up. 

Yes the Toyota Sera was a lot more common. I guess a number of them got imported back in the day as I recall seeing a couple kicking around...Nice looking car for it's time I guess; but more looks than go I think. No one really talked about it much did they? Has anyone here driven one? If so please do enlighten us...

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 12:19 PM, Kavvz said:

Yes the Toyota Sera was a lot more common. I guess a number of them got imported back in the day as I recall seeing a couple kicking around...Nice looking car for it's time I guess; but more looks than go I think. No one really talked about it much did they? Has anyone here driven one? If so please do enlighten us...

@Kavvz there was even a Sera with a turbo! @Octanehead did a feature years ago https://octaneheads.blogspot.com/2012/04/space-shuttle.html

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@Kavvz there was even a Sera with a turbo! @Octanehead did a feature years ago https://octaneheads.blogspot.com/2012/04/space-shuttle.html

Cool read and certainly a great idea adding a turbo! Thanks for the link! 

I love how the car has been kept mostly stock, the only thing I would change are the guage pods ( but I never did like guage pods on anything though, except of course on the old Pajaro's with the oil compass and inclinometer THAT was dead cool) otherwise the car looks awesome: Plus now with the turbo there's a bit of GO with the SHOW :D 

Very nice overall ! 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Cool read and certainly a great idea adding a turbo! Thanks for the link! 

I love how the car has been kept mostly stock, the only thing I would change are the guage pods ( but I never did like guage pods on anything though, except of course on the old Pajaro's with the oil compass and inclinometer THAT was dead cool) otherwise the car looks awesome: Plus now with the turbo there's a bit of GO with the SHOW :D 

Very nice overall ! 

Agreed - those gauges on the Pajero used to remind me of the old school analogue cockpit instruments one would find aboard the aircrafts of that era :)

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 6:44 AM, Devinda_Z said:

I am sure that's a turbo fitted in SL. I don't think it is as much as fun as a Glanza V coz the glass roof is so heavy.

Anyway Sera is another model to hold onto.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, john cooper said:

I am sure that's a turbo fitted in SL. I don't think it is as much as fun as a Glanza V coz the glass roof is so heavy.

Anyway Sera is another model to hold onto.

Yes, that's an after market turbo, but still better than not having one ?

• Like 1

This week we start replacing worn bushes (All of the front bushes) and replacing ALL the fluids including a new thermostat to the B16A2

Found the Black and polished silver Advanti 15" for $300 including rubbers (good deal)

Next task is to repaint the car waiting for all the other mechanical works to be completed soon so I can send the car to the paint shop.

regards,

JC

IMG_2479.JPG

image1 (4).JPG

• Like 5

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, john cooper said:

Hi all,

Just managed to secure stock Caldina GT Four.

It is not N spec but that’s okay.

Need bit of a tidy up with bit of a elbow grease 😀

Regards,

JC

Great pick! Congrats! 

PS: The slogan on the rear number plate holder though 😁

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, john cooper said:

Hi all,

Just managed to secure stock Caldina GT Four.

It is not N spec but that’s okay.

Need bit of a tidy up with bit of a elbow grease 😀

Regards,

JC

84F18830-4C22-4305-8541-A06F19E60008.jpeg

Nice!! Always wondered how these are like to drive.  I suppose quite similar to something like a Subaru Legacy from the same era? 

Don't know whether you are in to SUV`s/ 4WD`s , but there are quite a few out there with future classic potential.

Personally, I've always had a massive soft spot for the 1st gen Pajero. That was a car that changed the 4WD landscape and got pedigree like winning the Dakar rally etc (ok, it wasn't a stock Pajero that ran the Dakar rally but still.. )... With Mitsubishi planning to kill the Pajero nameplate (even if they resurrect it that will be an electric car for sure), a well preserved specimen will always win hearts.. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrCat said:

Nice!! Always wondered how these are like to drive.  I suppose quite similar to something like a Subaru Legacy from the same era? 

Don't know whether you are in to SUV`s/ 4WD`s , but there are quite a few out there with future classic potential.

Personally, I've always had a massive soft spot for the 1st gen Pajero. That was a car that changed the 4WD landscape and got pedigree like winning the Dakar rally etc (ok, it wasn't a stock Pajero that ran the Dakar rally but still.. )... With Mitsubishi planning to kill the Pajero nameplate (even if they resurrect it that will be an electric car for sure), a well preserved specimen will always win hearts.. 

Lot of torque on low rpm’s on Caldina compared to same era Subaru.

I am into any kind of Classic but it’s bit hard to secure a SUV in good shape as they use here for the purpose.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Car needs a wheel upgrade eh..

Good ol` Enkei RPF1`s ??  🙂 :

image.png.0fab0f324a18da35ef4bdc8f16743974.png

Rota Grid Classics?  🙂

image.thumb.png.821f9e1a77749f2620b0085b4aea9cd6.png 

Had these Mitsubishi wheels on one of my previous Lancers (might fit the Del Sol). 14 inch, made by Enkei, nice and cheap second hand :) 

image.thumb.png.2c5aef99f1a9b576b0c6f5e75f3badb9.png

Edited by MrCat

4 hours ago, MrCat said:

Car needs a wheel upgrade eh..

Good ol` Enkei RPF1`s ??  🙂 :

image.png.0fab0f324a18da35ef4bdc8f16743974.png

Rota Grid Classics?  🙂

image.thumb.png.821f9e1a77749f2620b0085b4aea9cd6.png 

Had these Mitsubishi wheels on one of my previous Lancers (might fit the Del Sol). 14 inch, made by Enkei, nice and cheap second hand :) 

image.thumb.png.2c5aef99f1a9b576b0c6f5e75f3badb9.png

Eyeing out for a set of Watanabe but unfortunately, we have gone to a lockdown here in New Zealand. Need to wait to lift the levels.

I like the Lancer wheels

Edited by john cooper
  • Like 1