• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cornering body roll, rear passenger comfort & space

everyf4

Question

This is a rant + seeking advice so bare with me also I have read most of the threads on comparing these cars but still I have specific doubts 

My use case -
1 Weekend drive  kandy to nuwara eliya (Every week)
2 Driving within gampola/nawala pitiya suburbia  !  

I really like what I have now its an AWD DA64 Every wagon, its small, compact, Lot of space K van with 64hp thats more than enough for me. Also I really like the AWD its entry level but helped me lot of times (every RWD vans have this issue of rear wheel spin)

The bummer is body roll its unbearable ! People are telling me to go for big tires wider (boku) alloy wheels, nope I want things to be stock (will change alloy wheels of correct size but not wider ones ) 
Now mine does 8kmpl city with 4 passengers and long drive 9-10kmpl thats okayish for me

My budget is around 3.5 - 4.5 Million but I am looking for practicality (A to B, dicky space, less body roll, basic options,  compact vehicle)

My choices 

1. I love the new swift but it lacks ground clearance 120mm is not enough ?
  2. New vitz hmmm all of you guys were complaining about it comparing it for a CR42 so meh.. (145 mm is enough but what about rear passenger seats and dicky space )
  3. New Passo same engine but if I get a boon I can save a lot, BANG for BUCK ! (concern is body roll ?)
  4. Tank/Roomy spacious vehicle (again concern is body roll ?)

Also vitz 2010-2012 1.3 or RS versions its an old car but I like the RS version I have no issue with having more hp, its just compact ones are most of the time lacks hp 

UPDATE - I dont like turbos Im going NA

Guys please advice 

read most of these threads 
http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/21383-what-is-an-suspension-upgrade-for-a-vitz-and-howwhere-to-get-it-done/
http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/21477-vitz-or-wagon-r-turbo/
http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/21509-buying-a-new-vitz/
http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/21088-vitz-safety-editions/

Edited by everyf4

18 hours ago, iRage said:

The only thing the the Every van has over the others is a known history of maintenance. I have not driven an AWD variant but the standard variants are..well quite scary to be honest...the body roll is excessive and at tight corners dong anything more than 30 or 40 you would be lucky not to have the body roll put you in to a weird under steer or an excessive over steer to roll you over 

It is what it is: A nice little urban runabout / A utility-style vehicle for the city. And I think its great at what its designed for...Problem is in this situation the Every AWD has been stretched to service a role its not optimally designed for.

Its like using a butter knife to cut mangoes. It can be done, but its messy and not the most ideal tool for the job. 

But really none of the other cars @everyf4 has choosen really fit the role either...Hence my suggestion to switch focus and get an older Toyota Harrier or similar older CUV with a wider track and better (but still quite soft) suspension. 

Edited by Kavvz

OMG the horror stories on 1KR-FE vibration issues  

Ive ditched the idea of 1L toyota ! Are suzuki 1L, honda 1L engines fall into the same category or its only toyota ? 

my new choices MUST be 4 pots 
1. Preface-lift vitz 1.3
2. Second gen vitz 1.3 (bola vitz)

12 hours ago, everyf4 said:

Ive ditched the idea of 1L toyota ! Are suzuki 1L, honda 1L engines fall into the same category or its only toyota ? 

1. Preface-lift vitz 1.3

You are not going to find many around sadly...so take your time. 

Yes..I agree the only Harrier that will fit your budget would be a somewhat badly used 1st gen one....other options might be 1st and 2nd gen RAV4s. 

Again..I keep going back to the Terios/Rush. 

On 5/25/2020 at 2:47 AM, Kavvz said:

It is what it is: A nice little urban runabout / A utility-style vehicle for the city. And I think its great at what its designed for...Problem is in this situation the Every AWD has been stretched to service a role its not optimally designed for.

Its like using a butter knife to cut mangoes. It can be done, but its messy and not the most ideal tool for the job. 

Yes..it is fine for a city runner..but anything out of that...absolutely not. Even if it means running on the highway. There are plenty of kei cars over here running on the highway and they just fly (mostly pushed by the wind) :) and those things are screeching their engines out.

The problem in Sri Lanka is the taxes. Because of the taxes pushing the vehicle prices up and the level of income in the country, buying a car becomes a huge investment. So people put it to all sorts of use as possible and try to keep its resale value as high as possible to get a decent ROI.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, everyf4 said:

1. Preface-lift vitz 1.3

Also...3 cylinder engines have improved quite a lot and there are some decent 3 cylinders out there that does not clunk and vibrate like the one in the Vitz. The 1KR engine is a 15 year old engine even though it came in the Vitz until this year. The other 1KR engines (-DE/VE) used in the newer Toyotas and Peroduas and such are a lot better.

5 minutes ago, iRage said:

Yes..I agree the only Harrier that will fit your budget would be a somewhat badly used 1st gen one....other options might be 1st and 2nd gen RAV4s. 

I totally forgot about the Rav4's @everyf4. This is actually a decent option. Good one @iRage ?...I'm partial towards the 1st and 2 gen Harrier (great suspension setup) but the Rav4 isn't a bad compromise, and it ticks all your boxes neatly.

15 minutes ago, iRage said:

The problem in Sri Lanka is the taxes. Because of the taxes pushing the vehicle prices up and the level of income in the country, buying a car becomes a huge investment. So people put it to all sorts of use as possible and try to keep its resale value as high as possible to get a decent ROI.

Yes, the tax situation is terrible. What's sadder is that the billions in tax revenue that gets collected doesn't really have much to show for it:  I mean, if only the millions in tax that each vehicle owner pays went directly towards roads and public transportation development, it would be just amazing! 

On 5/22/2020 at 7:23 PM, everyf4 said:

Thank you for the reply Ultra racing are they based in Malaysia ?

I just wanna corner at 40-50 kmph not planning on attacking apexes and racing lines :)

My question is even in 40kmph is there lot of body roll ?

They have a supplier in SL

On 5/24/2020 at 9:16 AM, Kavvz said:

For Kandy- NE, Gampola, Nawala-Pitiya roads: I wouldn't do anything that firms up your suspension. In fact I would do the opposite and stick with a nice soft ride and if possible as recommended further below; purchase a vehicle with even more suspension travel, and a wider wheel base.

You can try just upgrading the anti-sway bars, but even then, I wouldn't really bother for: You are primarily driving on poorly surfaced roads with lots of blind corners and a typical speed limit of 60kmph or so right? But in actuality you'll be lucky to average 40 given the conditions so really, I feel you are focusing on the wrong thing...

I agree that the AWD van you drive now is a decent fit. I would stick to that rather than any of the cars you've picked out to be honest.

If you really want to upgrade: My pick based on what you've stated would be an older CUV, (like the Toyota Harrier) to capitalize on the soft ride, wider wheel base and better visibility. 

I agree with Kavvz, as its a family vehicle I would be more concerned about comfort, space and practicality than cornering speed. If you switch to a small hatchback you will lose out on interior space and because yours is the Wagon variant of Every, you might notice a drop in comfort as well. Also you may not get the features what you get now such climate control AC, 5 speaker sound system, powered sliding doors, xenon lights or ease of getting in and out(especially for older people)

I have driven both the Every van and Every wagon, it definitely didnt handle like a car but it wasnt something to complain about.  Drive another van similar to yours and compare whether the body roll is similar.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Magnum said:

They have a supplier in SL

I agree with Kavvz, as its a family vehicle I would be more concerned about comfort, space and practicality than cornering speed. If you switch to a small hatchback you will lose out on interior space and because yours is the Wagon variant of Every, you might notice a drop in comfort as well. Also you may not get the features what you get now such climate control AC, 5 speaker sound system, powered sliding doors, xenon lights or ease of getting in and out(especially for older people)

I have driven both the Every van and Every wagon, it definitely didnt handle like a car but it wasnt something to complain about.  Drive another van similar to yours and compare whether the body roll is similar.

I agree with you, Its practical and I have done moving things using the van when needed ! its a lot practical than a car ! I use the auto side step a lot ! it is spacious ! 

I get your point on driving another wagon ! I will do that 

7 hours ago, Magnum said:

Uhh...but doesn't he want to move away from any kind of Every ? But seriously..the Every's body roll is bad...irrespective of comfort of any variant :) You simply cannot compare to a hiace or anything...

6 hours ago, iRage said:

You simply cannot compare to a hiace or anything...

Oh hell no!  The Every's main issue is that its got a narrow track ( and higher center of gravity). But that's common to all Kei cars right? I mean comparing a Kei car variant to a proper workhorse like a Hiace is just not a fair comparison at all...

16 hours ago, iRage said:

Again..I keep going back to the Terios/Rush. 

I know @everyf4 said no left field brands but if a Harrier or RAV4 are in the fray perhaps consider a Subaru Forester ?

Or even an Impreza or Legacy wagon?

AWD, heaps of space and Japanese reliability with excellent manners on or (light) off road?

If you bag one with a turbo you're in for a treat!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

I know @everyf4 said no left field brands but if a Harrier or RAV4 are in the fray perhaps consider a Subaru Forester ?

Or even an Impreza or Legacy wagon?

AWD, heaps of space and Japanese reliability with excellent manners on or (light) off road?

If you bag one with a turbo you're in for a treat!

Oh! Good one @Devinda_Z Now we're cooking with fire: Subaru Forester for the win!

And are we talking Forester XT here? For I'd sell a Harrier for one of those!! 

(I'd still rank the Harrier 1st if comfort is a priority,  but if it's down to Rav4 vs Forester then I'd get the Forester...And if you can find a  Forester XT- Oh mama! Then its bye-bye Harrier! ) 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Oooh yes ! A Forester ! They have been owned by proper motorheads so the chance of finding a really good example is easy too. Yes...it is so so so much fun. The only downside is when it is time to part with the car..you will not be able to find a good replacement for it :) Most other cars will be somewhat bland after the Forester.

• Like 1

Guys I really appreciate your inputs I learned a lot ! Thank you ALL !
Anyway I understand Forester XT & Harrier are great vehicles specially the subaru ! but it doesn't make sense for me to own either of these 

1. Harrier is expensive out of my budget 
2. Forester is not a mass marketed model as @iRage said these cars are owned by motorheads 

God help me if any repairs or accidents happen I cannot spend bolt load to fix things nor search for parts, Sorry this is SriLanka I have to think about repairs and spare parts !  

I am not looking for GT class cornering nor RR comfort ! I understand the major point any vehicle other than k-cars would be an upgrade 
I want to select a proper one 

I am ready to make sacrifices ie, A car is not spacious nor the boot space isn't enough ! 
I am still sticking to
1 Vitz 1.3  (2010 - 2016)
2 May be tank turbo (I liked the 1.0 NA but after reading threads im switching to 1KR-VET the turbo variant )
3 I still love the swift ! RS mild Hybrid 4 pot 90hp is more than enough ! (BUT damn suzuki :sad-smiley-047: at least 130mm I would have chosen you but 120mm really ??? ) 

This is I will search for a vitz as others said its rare ! and finding one with good maintenance record is a challenge, If that did not work out then will decide between tank and swift  

BTW in the back of my mind I have the idea for a (RUSH RAV4 141 or 141 axio) I will get to this idea if all of the above 3 fails ! sacrificing compactness !   (Assuming RUSH RAV4 141 corolla does 8 kmpl city and 10-12 outstation)

BTW spoke to a guy who owns a Tank and may be go for a test ride

PS- Love the every wagon but Its time for an upgrade !
UPDATE - Also worried about the import situation, theres was a thread saying they gonna stop imports for 1 year (Corona WHY you do this ? )

Edited by everyf4

Finding a 140 Series Axio is also going to be hard. These cars too were used by the cheapo owners who just wanted a pump and run type of car with bare minimum to no maintenance. But they are all shiny..they magically never do more than 75,000km and prices are ridiculous...the prices will go up for stupid things like the presence of a RPM meter....or some badge/sticker...etc... The 140 Corolla, which is the export model has a bad rep because it did fuel a little bit worst than any other 1.5L car (this had a 1.6L engine). But it is a pretty decent car. Parts wise...most consumbales are shared with other Toyotas but there will be many parts you will have to rely on the agent for. However, many of them were bought under the permit so there are quie a few with well documented maintenance records...also..the typical cheapo users stayed away from them because of the fuel consumption fears.

Having said that...yes..keep looking for a car..do not rush in to it. Right now might not be he best time for you to be buying a car actually..but that depends on your income. There is also a risk that prices will go crazy if the imports stop for extended periods, etc...

3 hours ago, iRage said:

Finding a 140 Series Axio is also going to be hard. These cars too were used by the cheapo owners who just wanted a pump and run type of car with bare minimum to no maintenance. But they are all shiny..they magically never do more than 75,000km and prices are ridiculous...the prices will go up for stupid things like the presence of a RPM meter....or some badge/sticker...etc... The 140 Corolla, which is the export model has a bad rep because it did fuel a little bit worst than any other 1.5L car (this had a 1.6L engine). But it is a pretty decent car. Parts wise...most consumbales are shared with other Toyotas but there will be many parts you will have to rely on the agent for. However, many of them were bought under the permit so there are quie a few with well documented maintenance records...also..the typical cheapo users stayed away from them because of the fuel consumption fears.

Having said that...yes..keep looking for a car..do not rush in to it. Right now might not be he best time for you to be buying a car actually..but that depends on your income. There is also a risk that prices will go crazy if the imports stop for extended periods, etc...

Not my first choice ! So I wont select 141 unless the first 3 options fall down, I need to find some threads or ask some people about swifts ground clearance issues 

5 hours ago, everyf4 said:

Guys I really appreciate your inputs I learned a lot ! Thank you ALL !
Anyway I understand Forester XT & Harrier are great vehicles specially the subaru ! but it doesn't make sense for me to own either of these 

1. Harrier is expensive out of my budget 
2. Forester is not a mass marketed model as @iRage said these cars are owned by motorheads 

I'll be honest: I am a bit disappointed. Your application seemed a shoo-in for the Forester but oh well: I guess the 'Hills won't be alive to the sound of (boxster) music just yet... (At least not in Gampola.) 

1 hour ago, everyf4 said:

So I wont select 141 unless the first 3 options fall down...

Gasp! Did this thread actually switch from discussing the potential of a Forester XT to buying a 141...?!! ?

Edited by Kavvz
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

I'll be honest: I am a bit disappointed. Your application seemed a shoo-in for the Forester but oh well: I guess the 'Hills won't be alive to the sound of (boxster) music just yet... (At least not in Gampola.) 

Gasp! Did this thread actually switch from discussing the potential of a Forester XT to buying a 141...?!! ?

The turbo charged Forester XT is a superb vehicle but my concern is SL, we do not have proper agent nor the spare parts mudalalis dont have any parts for it, As I said in earlier posts I have to factor in repairs, accidents, 

It is one of the fine vehicle for the winding roads ! 
141 is the last choice not the first my options are set vitz 1.3 if I cant find one then TANK and then the swift 

Edited by everyf4

This is a rollercoaster of a thread! Started with a guy looking for something that can navigate a corner at 30kmph without the passengers (without seatbelts?) sliding across. One dude suggested a Forester:action-smiley-035:

@everyf4 will be hitting apexes in perfect racing lines! Overkill. But my heart says go for it before someone talks you in to buying a 141!

The inner pragmatist in me suggests you test drive a decent sedan. Pretty much any sedan has significantly less body roll than the every. A wagon such as a fielder offers decent body roll with space. Give it a test drive.

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2020 at 8:19 PM, varotone said:

This is a rollercoaster of a thread! Started with a guy looking for something that can navigate a corner at 30kmph without the passengers (without seatbelts?) sliding across. One dude suggested a Forester:action-smiley-035:

@everyf4 will be hitting apexes in perfect racing lines! Overkill. But my heart says go for it before someone talks you in to buying a 141!

The inner pragmatist in me suggests you test drive a decent sedan. Pretty much any sedan has significantly less body roll than the every. A wagon such as a fielder offers decent body roll with space. Give it a test drive.

@varotone is right - a wagon might well be the answer to your space conundrum but i don't know if it'll cut the mustard in relation to your ride height issue.

Also don't go strictly by the manufacture published height @everyf4  - you are dealing with used vehicles here with likely saggy suspension as well so if you're strict on clearance (130mm or whatever specifically) leave a margin just to be safe

On 5/27/2020 at 5:10 PM, everyf4 said:

The turbo charged Forester XT is a superb vehicle but my concern is SL, we do not have proper agent nor the spare parts mudalalis dont have any parts for it, As I said in earlier posts I have to factor in repairs, accidents, 

It is one of the fine vehicle for the winding roads ! 
141 is the last choice not the first my options are set vitz 1.3 if I cant find one then TANK and then the swift 

@everyf4 your initial qualms are somewhat valid but i do need to set the record straight about some of the comments above.

I do concede that a Forester might not work for your application if you need to be conservative in your choice when focusing purely on re-sale.

However it is a glaring error to claim that Sri Lanka doesn't have proper agent - what would possess you to make such a claim?:o?

Senok (Grandpass) have held the agency for Subaru for nearly 30 years in Sri Lanka!

They have, in my personal opinion one of the best after sales and service divisions amongst the plethora of car companies represented in Sri Lanka. 

Sure they don't have a network of islandwide workshops like Toyota Lanka or a fancy workshop like D*MO 800 has for Mercedes/Jeep but they have an excellent team who actually take time effort and pride in their work.

At the risk of sounding like a commercial for Senok's Subaru division I should point out that the workshop itself in Grandpass was upgraded last year. 

I've owned 4 Subaru's and have dealt with them for over a decade so i'm not talking based on a one off experience.

Aside from the agent Senok, there a number of others who provide technical expertise when dealing with boxer flat fours which got @Kavvz excited. Nilanka in Kottawa has been fixing, servicing, converting & even tuning race cars for years.

Then there are others like Platinum Auto Spa led by Sabry Abdul Salam who handle their share of Subaru performance cars from the racing circles as well.

On the subject of parts, again this is a market misconception. Please don't think this is being directed at you @everyf4 - i mean no offense. I only wish to clear the air on this subject.

The agents themselves carry parts for the newer models and for the variants they imported brand new (which is the same as all other agents)

In addition common service parts are a non issue.

90's-2000's Subaru's (like some other Japanese cars as well) also occasionally shared parts with other Japanese manufacturers so there are occasionally bits like brake components, sensors etc that match more commons Nissans etc.

Personally I have opted to get down things I need from the following sites : 

www.rockauto.com

www.rhdjapan.com 

www.partsouq.com

They all deliver here with little to no drama.

If you want used parts, then off the top of my head the following usually carry stock - 

Body parts, lights, etc: Izumi, Taiyo, PowerAutoLamps/Mirai in Delkanda

Mechanical parts / performance parts : Pleasure Racing Nawinna

Service parts : Supreme Motorhouse Highlevel Road

Full conversion kits/ performance parts : Top Level Performance Kotte, Jayasinghe Enterprises Belanwila

In addition there are a number of smaller vendors who hand carry parts and maintain stock who can be found on Facebook etc.

There are 2 main owners clubs that are very active (Flat4orce/Subaru Owners Club Sri Lanka) & the Forester Owners Club

The clubs offer support by way of advice, support with sourcing and in the case of the Forester club which I know even have annual events which have even included  trips, off road track days, meet ups etc.

So i'm sure by now @everyf4 it is clear that Subaru in Sri Lanka has far more support than you give it credit for. I will admit that I can't offer you first hand advice about repair assistance up in the hill country but perhaps someone like @AVANTE may have insights. I know there a few owners up in the hill country and one party who does Forester conversions and upgrades up there as well (Ruwan).

Most who have owned a Subaru, especially a turbo Subaru rarely stray from the brand (at least not for long!) and many of us have or have had, multiple models over the years.

I can go on and on, but I won't

I'm not suggesting you get one because as @iRage rightly said, they aren't easy to sell in that it doesn't have the mainstream appeal that other cars have simply because they were a special proposition and not many were willing to live with the high fuel consumption of the turbo+All wheel drive combination, but those in the know come looking for them and will even pay a premium to get their hands on these kinds of cars that have often been cared for by owners who are more enthusiasts rather than people buying travel appliances.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@everyf4 your initial qualms are somewhat valid but i do need to set the record straight about some of the comments above.

I do concede that a Forester might not work for your application if you need to be conservative in your choice when focusing purely on re-sale.

However it is a glaring error to claim that Sri Lanka doesn't have proper agent - what would possess you to make such a claim?:o?

Senok (Grandpass) have held the agency for Subaru for nearly 30 years in Sri Lanka!

They have, in my personal opinion one of the best after sales and service divisions amongst the plethora of car companies represented in Sri Lanka. 

Sure they don't have a network of islandwide workshops like Toyota Lanka or a fancy workshop like D*MO 800 has for Mercedes/Jeep but they have an excellent team who actually take time effort and pride in their work.

At the risk of sounding like a commercial for Senok's Subaru division I should point out that the workshop itself in Grandpass was upgraded last year. 

I've owned 4 Subaru's and have dealt with them for over a decade so i'm not talking based on a one off experience.

Aside from the agent Senok, there a number of others who provide technical expertise when dealing with boxer flat fours which got @Kavvz excited. Nilanka in Kottawa has been fixing, servicing, converting & even tuning race cars for years.

Then there are others like Platinum Auto Spa led by Sabry Abdul Salam who handle their share of Subaru performance cars from the racing circles as well.

On the subject of parts, again this is a market misconception. Please don't think this is being directed at you @everyf4 - i mean no offense. I only wish to clear the air on this subject.

The agents themselves carry parts for the newer models and for the variants they imported brand new (which is the same as all other agents)

In addition common service parts are a non issue.

90's-2000's Subaru's (like some other Japanese cars as well) also occasionally shared parts with other Japanese manufacturers so there are occasionally bits like brake components, sensors etc that match more commons Nissans etc.

Personally I have opted to get down things I need from the following sites : 

www.rockauto.com

www.rhdjapan.com 

www.partsouq.com

They all deliver here with little to no drama.

If you want used parts, then off the top of my head the following usually carry stock - 

Body parts, lights, etc: Izumi, Taiyo, PowerAutoLamps/Mirai in Delkanda

Mechanical parts / performance parts : Pleasure Racing Nawinna

Service parts : Supreme Motorhouse Highlevel Road

Full conversion kits/ performance parts : Top Level Performance Kotte, Jayasinghe Enterprises Belanwila

In addition there are a number of smaller vendors who hand carry parts and maintain stock who can be found on Facebook etc.

There are 2 main owners clubs that are very active (Flat4orce/Subaru Owners Club Sri Lanka) & the Forester Owners Club

The clubs offer support by way of advice, support with sourcing and in the case of the Forester club which I know even have annual events which have even included  trips, off road track days, meet ups etc.

So i'm sure by now @everyf4 it is clear that Subaru in Sri Lanka has far more support than you give it credit for. I will admit that I can't offer you first hand advice about repair assistance up in the hill country but perhaps someone like @AVANTE may have insights. I know there a few owners up in the hill country and one party who does Forester conversions and upgrades up there as well (Ruwan).

Most who have owned a Subaru, especially a turbo Subaru rarely stray from the brand (at least not for long!) and many of us have or have had, multiple models over the years.

I can go on and on, but I won't

I'm not suggesting you get one because as @iRage rightly said, they aren't easy to sell in that it doesn't have the mainstream appeal that other cars have simply because they were a special proposition and not many were willing to live with the high fuel consumption of the turbo+All wheel drive combination, but those in the know come looking for them and will even pay a premium to get their hands on these kinds of cars that have often been cared for by owners who are more enthusiasts rather than people buying travel appliances.

Okay usually I chop down quoted material for brevity  but in this case I won't / don't want to:  Because honestly this is the best post I've seen since I logged back into Autolanka-Kudos @Devinda_Z 

If THE POST ABOVE doesn't convince you to buy a Subaru / Subaru Forester I don't know what what will !!  :D

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thats one good post ! I appreciate the input ! I take back the "Lack of agent network "  I dont doubt subarus ability to corner and the flat four performance

I live in the hills I do not travel to colombo by vehicle, lets say if I get a flat4 as you said the pros are in colombo, I dont want to travel to colombo for a regular service or to search for a part (these are machines with a lot of moving parts again I have to factor in repairs) 

Ive been to garages for the every for a simple repair if its a forester nope dont wanna think about it ! then the cost of spares / repairs / services I don't want to get into this ! 

Again and again I am going for the vitz mainly its a simple car, spares are available with in kandy through local spare parts mudalailis even if I want an engine its in kandy, I dont have to search for a pro cuz most of the garages knows whats inside a vitz a simpletons 4 pot !

This is going to be my first car and as others pointed out I am not going to hit apexes, attack corners nor stick to racing lines ! 

Again mazdas, subarus are good cars no doubt ages ahead of crappy over priced toyotas yet at the end of the day I want a normal car with the keyword "convenience"

So NO to subarus ! 

Thanks you for the input @Devinda_Z

Edited by everyf4
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 8:19 PM, varotone said:

I agree 1000% 

1 hour ago, everyf4 said:

Again and again I am going for the vitz mainly its a simple car, spares are available with in kandy through local spare parts mudalailis even if I want an engine its in kandy, I dont have to search for a pro cuz most of the garages knows whats inside a vitz a simpletons 4 pot !

You should really really really change your perception about this. All garages, including a monkey with a wrenchm would say they know the Vitz because it is a simple 4cyl engine...which is exactly the problem with these cars.

People think that it is simple and take it to maka baases who completely and utterly screw up the car with sub standard parts and random works around. These people treat modern engines the same way they treated E80 Corolla engines from the 80s because it is Toyota and because it is 4 cylinder. Yes..it is a simple 4 pot engine..but there really is nothing simple about new 4 pots....newer engines, in the interest of emissions and fuel efficiency, have all kinds of gizmos attached to it. Even the engine materials used are much more advanced compounds than in the 80s (for heat absorption and dissipation). Even the simple act of not using a torque wrench to tighten a valve cover could cause the thing to warp. So...even for a Vitz..you need to take it to a proper garage. They are not cheap (as the maka baases would be)...and for them there really is not much difference between a Vitz and a Forester. Having said that...I doubt owning a Subaru in or around Kandy is as difficult as you claim it to be. There are quite a few Subaru owners in Kandy I know of.

As you go about looking for a car you will see what I mean....you will find a lot of crap out there that is "agent maintained" but you see that apart from a periodic service, repairs and other matters have been handled by monkeys with wrenches. 

On the other hand...did we talk about the possibility of a Lancer ? These are export model variants with decent amount of ground clearance and for the most part they have been taken care of. 

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1