• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Vezel Steering Rack Issue

Din C

Question

Hi Experts,

I've recently bought a Vezel 2014 which has done approx 90k mileage. There is a noise from the front when driving on the rough terrains and I got it checked by S******D Motors. They say the steering rack needs to be replaced and it will cost me 330k bucks, I really want to get it replaced, however, the time not right for such an expense. Therefore, really appreciate if you all can advice me on other alternatives such as repairing or finding a recon and if you can share any reliable contact to get this fixed or replaced. I've run a search before opening this thread and unfortunately, couldn't find anything on this topic.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Din

Edited by Din C

5 answers to this question

22 hours ago, Din C said:

Hi Experts,

I've recently bought a Vezel 2014 which has done approx 90k mileage. There is a noise from the front when driving on the rough terrains and I got it checked by S******D Motors. They say the steering rack needs to be replaced and it will cost me 330k bucks, I really want to get it replaced, however, the time not right for such an expense. Therefore, really appreciate if you all can advice me on other alternatives such as repairing or finding a recon and if you can share any reliable contact to get this fixed or replaced. I've run a search before opening this thread and unfortunately, couldn't find anything on this topic.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Din

Try searching for a used  one. When installing a used rack it is important to perform proper learning sequence through a capable scanner.  

23 hours ago, Din C said:

Hi Experts,

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Din

I am sure you can source a brand new rack at a lesser cost from outside. Agents charge a hefty premium on parts.

Have you tried Hybrid Hub? My Mum maintains her 2016 Vezel there but I am not sure of their pricing.

Hi ! I just had the same issue with my vezel which had done 70+ on the clock. I had to replace it as well. The best recommendation is to rebuild the original steering rack since it lasts for another 70K after you rebuild it. The so called malaysian brandnew racks which you get down for 30-35K or even lesser will only give you a mileage of around 20K - 25K and again you will start to experience issues. Im saying that with alot of confidence since a friend of mine replaced his one with the so called malaysian rack and after 5 months he got same the issue again. 
And on top of that s*******d motors doesnt give a crap about your vehicle, their service is so poor and its scam ! There are better places ofcourse which can carefully fix your vehicle for a lesser and much more promising result. S******d motors is just a bunch of bullcrap ! Its just the trademark you get. In reality the service they provide is worst that your garage basunaha! If you need more info drop me a mail on [email protected] and I will guide you on how to get it done properly. ☺️

Edited by Manthila

Guerilla marketing?  

On the other hand, I don't think Stafford has any obligation to provide parts to a vehicle model that is not brought by them. Do they bring Vezel to Sri Lanka, I doubt Honda would approve DCT to our market.