• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need help..Looking for a Non-CVT car for under 5 Million..

NadC

Hello... A newbie here.....

I'm looking for a non-cvt hatchback/sedan for under 5mil... don't mind even if it is registered but with less KMs on the clock...

As far as I know.. the Mazda Demio/Mazda2 has a conventional Auto... but I don't seem to find it anywhere for sale...

Would appreciate if someone could recommend what my options are....

Thanks in advance.

Add Mazda 3 to the list as well. You'll be able to find a third gen below 5 mn.

If you say non DCT I can understand. Just out of curiosity why non cvt to be specific? ?

Edited by GK_007

Hi.. @GK_007.. Yep.. I have seen a couple of Mazda3...I don't mind the DCT or a traditional AT.... But I think DCTs in low-end cars are problematic, but I have no experience with them.

I was driving a 10th Gen 1.6L Civic with a CVT and didn't like it at all.

2 hours ago, GK_007 said:

Add Mazda 3 to the list as well. You'll be able to find a third gen below 5 mn.

If you say non DCT I can understand. Just out of curiosity why non cvt to be specific? ?

13 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Mitsubishi Lancer series, Honda Civic FD series, Mazda 2/3 series

I second these. 

Seems like you are someone who actually cares about how a car drives instead of the typical person who's priorities are "sunroop, led light, hybrid, 2nd maaket & leather shet" 

Mazda 3, Lancer EX, Swift & Civic FD series.. You just can't go wrong with those cars. Traditional automatics, reliable and fun to drive. 

@NadC the 6 speed normal automatic gearbox in the Mazda 2 is an absolute gem! One of the best conventional auto's IMO

On 5/19/2020 at 4:45 PM, NadC said:

I'm looking for a non-cvt hatchback/sedan for under 5mil... don't mind even if it is registered but with less KMs on the clock...

As far as I know.. the Mazda Demio/Mazda2 has a conventional Auto... but I don't seem to find it anywhere for sale...

Thanks in advance.

There is one car advertised in the Autolanka classifieds right now

http://www.autolanka.com/view/mazda/2/80629.html

On 5/19/2020 at 7:15 PM, NadC said:

Thanks in advance.

Possible to buy a second hand Honda Grace sedan car for under 5 million.

Transmission is DCT.

Would highly recommend it.

On 5/19/2020 at 6:33 PM, NadC said:

I was driving a 10th Gen 1.6L Civic with a CVT and didn't like it at all.

Well I have to admit CVT's are a kill joy - the one thing I don't like about my current car is also the CVT transmission ? 

On 5/19/2020 at 8:23 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Mitsubishi Lancer series, Honda Civic FD series, Mazda 2/3 series

The holy-trinity of the mid-range sedan section.  majority of Civics and Lancers are below that budget (a little long in the tooth now) so since you have a healthy budget best bet would be a  Mazda. 

5 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Corolla 141 Facelift 2010 onward s. That's a bulletproof AT box.

A slightly less exciting yet solid alternative to the above - an old school tough Toyota. 

Out of Traditional A/T, CVT and DCT I've driven - the funnest is the DCT by a country mile BUT given how they've been prone to wear out locally it's better to stay away from them ...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, matroska said:

Out of Traditional A/T, CVT and DCT I've driven - the funnest is the DCT by a country mile ...

Same: DCT's are crazy-cool. Still remember my last one despite it being almost 8 yrs since I sold it...

42 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Feels like driving a barge though

True...but the 2L S had stiffer suspension and braces and was much better...so with some slight suspension mods it can be changed I suppose..even as a barge, it is still better than a 160 series Axio 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, iRage said:

True...but the 2L S had stiffer suspension and braces and was much better...so with some slight suspension mods it can be changed I suppose..

I'm willing to bet good money that none of the 141s in SL has suspension upgrades done for better driving dynamics, it'd be cheaper and easier to just sell the thing and go for a FD4 if one wants good driving dynamics

19 hours ago, iRage said:

even as a barge, it is still better than a 160 series Axio 

Yep even its steering feels noticeably lighter than of a 141 despite both cars being EPS

8 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

I'm willing to bet good money that none of the 141s in SL has suspension upgrades done for better driving dynamics, it'd be cheaper and easier to just sell the thing and go for a FD4 if one wants good driving dynamics

Yep even its steering feels noticeably lighter than of a 141 despite both cars being EPS

Actually...I saw one which had been done up pretty well...had ultra racing braces and TRD wheels and exhaust...so there is atleast one....

• Confused 1