• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cars Below 4 Milion

YasithM

Question

6 answers to this question

Lancer ?

I am not recommending cars like Allions, Premios and Axios because...they are over priced and over used and has had a hard life. So for your budget you are only going to get a rather old vehicle (with time suspended mileages because they never do more than 75,000kms after the 10 year mark) that has been shined up to be sold off.

The Lancer EX...you have a much higher chance of finding a really good car which has been bought brand new and maintained by the agent from the beginning. The owners are not the typical "budget conscious" cheapo types. SO cars will be in better condition (relatively).  You will find a newer car than the Toyota offerings for the same price or even cheaper. No matter what the car salesmen and the neighbor's daughter's boyfriend's colleague's uncle says....cars other than Toyotas do sell well. Any car will sell as long as it is honest. The people who come to buy a Lancer from you will usually be the type who appreciates the car and will not try to cheat you off by putting the car down and offering you dirt cheap prices.

You might want to check the Mazda 3/Axela as well....

• Like 3

12 hours ago, YasithM said:

Hi All,
Could you please recommend me good vehicle (below 4M) with low maintenance cost and  better 2nd hand market. 

Thanks.

Hello Welcome to the forum. It'll be easier for the forum members to recommend a suitable car for you if you mention specific requirements - as in hatchback/sedan usage etc. If not you can go through the classifieds  and shortlist a few cars that you feel you like - then search for them on the forum as most of them have been discussed already and/or seek advice from the forum members. Anyways Here's a few suggestions off the top of my head:

If  a Good enjoyable sedan with good road presence  is your thing go for a Honda Civic FD1/FD4 (you can find something from around 2011/12 for your budget) or a Mazda Axela/3  (2012+) or a Lancer EX (2012 ish) all 3  cars look good,  handle well and you have a good chance of finding an unmolested model - and most of them are still with first/second owners and don't change hands too often and are usually well maintained.

If you still want something newer and ok with a hatchback - a registered Swift RS from around 2017 (base grade probably without the safety package/ 4Way cam etc) could be yours for a little bit above your budget. If a little bit of blandness can be tolerated a Vitz/Passo (2017) 

I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶s̶e̶u̶d̶o̶-̶S̶u̶v̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶i̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶D̶a̶i̶h̶a̶t̶s̶u̶ ̶T̶e̶r̶i̶o̶s̶ ̶(̶~̶2̶0̶1̶4̶)̶ ̶

The other 'obvious' choices are the ever popular Toyota Sedans  which I do not recommend simply because it's really really tough to find a good unit - these cars are good but overrated and due to the hyped-market tend to exchange hands like 100 Rupee notes. Some forum members actually found honest Toyotas from their friends/relatives - and if you have such an option AND if a disconnected-from-the-road sofa-like driving experience is your thing you could try a 2007/8 Allion (Premio is the same car just over-priced) or a 2011 ish Axio or a Corolla 141 - out of the lot the 141 might be a good choice as they are relatively less molested since they're not as popular with the herd 

This price bracket is  also ripe with Hybrid options which I have not mentioned. 

Easy Maintenance depends on how well the car has been kept earlier. Resale value cannot be predicted at all. Specially considering how things that have been unfolding of late. 

Edited by matroska
Crossed out the Terios....cos naah I don't really recommend it
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 5:33 AM, iRage said:

Lancer ?

I am not recommending cars like Allions, Premios and Axios because...they are over priced and over used and has had a hard life. So for your budget you are only going to get a rather old vehicle (with time suspended mileages because they never do more than 75,000kms after the 10 year mark) that has been shined up to be sold off.

The Lancer EX...you have a much higher chance of finding a really good car which has been bought brand new and maintained by the agent from the beginning. The owners are not the typical "budget conscious" cheapo types. SO cars will be in better condition (relatively).  You will find a newer car than the Toyota offerings for the same price or even cheaper. No matter what the car salesmen and the neighbor's daughter's boyfriend's colleague's uncle says....cars other than Toyotas do sell well. Any car will sell as long as it is honest. The people who come to buy a Lancer from you will usually be the type who appreciates the car and will not try to cheat you off by putting the car down and offering you dirt cheap prices.

You might want to check the Mazda 3/Axela as well....

If you can find one just to build on what @iRage said, the Mazda 2 (sedan & hatch) imported by Colonial Motors (local agents) is also a solid choice. Good engine, great gearbox! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JayZ said:

Could try a 2013/2014 ish Prius.  Goes well below 4M now so you will have spare money if the battery pack needs any attention.  Not hard to sell either. 

Most likely would have traveled to the moon and back

These cars were used as cabs/ rented cars and by people who did long distances.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kush said:

Most likely would have traveled to the moon and back

These cars were used as cabs/ rented cars and by people who did long distances.

Well not all, a office chap sold his 2013 Prius for peanuts a month back with less than 80k mileage. He got it personally through auction so mileage is not tampered. There may be options if you take time to look. And cab services hunt down the Prius cz its reliable and economical and relatively trouble free car. 

• Like 2