• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota prius 2012 ABS problem

Thamari

I had scan my vehicle and report as below. Please give me a best solution is it necessary to replace the ABS unit or can be repair it. 

Use utility menu and do break bleeding and zero down seloniod valve. That should fix the break related issues. Do it as replaced master pump so the memory will be erased and new learning patterns will be created.

Thank you in advance 

Dear Mates 

My car is waring with check engine and ABS mark. I had scan it and report as follows. 

Use utility menu and do break bleeding and zero down seloniod valve. That should fix the break related issues. Do it as replaced master pump so the memory will be erased and new learning patterns will be created.

What is the best solution for this issue. 

Thank you in advance 

2 hours ago, Thamari said:

Dear Mates 

My car is waring with check engine and ABS mark. I had scan it and report as follows. 

What is the best solution for this issue. 

Thank you in advance 

Welcome to the forum...?. Can you send the screen image which you got from the scanner + error code? What is the scanner you have used?

Hi Thamari, Welcome to the forum. I have merged your two threads to one as they are about the same problem.

16 hours ago, Thamari said:

This actually doesn't read like a message shown in a scanner, so I assume that this bit of text was sent to you by whoever scanned the car. Anyway, the gist of it is that it looks like the brake master pump has been replaced on your car, and the proper brake fluid bleeding procedure has not been carried out after that. 

The Prius requires carrying out a sequence of steps on a diagnostic scanner to properly bleed the braking system. So even if the brakes were bled in the conventional way, the car wouldn't "know" it was done to re-calibrate the ABS and VSC systems. Take your car to Toyota Lanka and have them perform the brake bleed procedure and clear the DTCs. This should sort out your issue. 

Watch the below video to get an idea about the brake bleed procedure:

Again... this is assuming that my interpretation of your above text is correct. 

Good luck!

• Like 2

Try this: 

Connect a jumper between pin 4 (CG pin) and pin 13 ( TC pin) on the OBD2 connector. Starting at the top row reading from left to right, pin 4 would be the pin 4 pins away from the left on top row. On bottom row pin 13 would be 4 pins from the right on bottom row. Connect the two pins using a small paper clip, then put the car into ready mode. It will start blinking the ABS light on the dash and the touch screen display will not look normal. Press the brake pedal 8 times or more in 5 seconds after turning the car into ready mode. Turn off the car and remove jumper. The ABS light will not be on. This procedure only resets the light, not the underlying problem The video below is applicable to most Toyota vehicles from the last 2 decades including hybrids

If this does not work flush bleed  and replace the brake fluid (if it has not been changed recently)  using techstream and using the software recalibrate the brakes. If the brake fluid had been changed then even a tiny air column can cause this. Then just a bleed and fluid topup with techstream will sort out the issue. The bleeding can be done without techstream also 

images (1).jpeg

Edited by mcs627

received_941731972913619.jpeg.3687ba91d7d10b61d78919bb9b2cf753.jpeg

9 hours ago, Davy said:

Hi Thamari, Welcome to the forum. I have merged your two threads to one as they are about the same problem.

This actually doesn't read like a message shown in a scanner, so I assume that this bit of text was sent to you by whoever scanned the car. Anyway, the gist of it is that it looks like the brake master pump has been replaced on your car, and the proper brake fluid bleeding procedure has not been carried out after that. 

The Prius requires carrying out a sequence of steps on a diagnostic scanner to properly bleed the braking system. So even if the brakes were bled in the conventional way, the car wouldn't "know" it was done to re-calibrate the ABS and VSC systems. Take your car to Toyota Lanka and have them perform the brake bleed procedure and clear the DTCs. This should sort out your issue. 

Watch the below video to get an idea about the brake bleed procedure:

Again... this is assuming that my interpretation of your above text is correct. 

Good luck!

received_2706235922939740.jpeg

received_378898193066060.jpeg

received_661269081115484.jpeg

received_2973085772756805.jpeg

received_3263680613642753.jpeg

received_645281882985352.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Thamari said:

Break paddle is not working properly. I have to push it to the flow to reduce the speed and stop the car. 

Looking through the errors in the screenshots you've shared above, it looks like there are quire a few errors. The first thing suggest is stop driving the car. If your brake pedal is sinking to the floor, you shouldn't be driving it as it can cause a serious accident.

Get your 12V battery checked out first. Looking at some of the errors, it could be a faulty ABS pump among a lot of other things. But it's hard to say without knowing the history of the car or having a closer inspection. May I ask if the car was ever involved in an accident? Also, did the car undergo a brake repair recently?

The car also appears to be having several electrical faults related to the power window motors and switches. If I were you, I'd just put the car on a flatbed and take it to the agent to have all of those issues rectified at once. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thamari said:

Thank you very much for your advices. I really appreciate if you can send me how i contact you. 

Glad to help. Please send me a PM and I'll see if I can assist further.