• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Small vibration of front tyres in Viva Elite

Menakec

Question

Hi All,

Recently I bought a viva elite auto car (2011).

Recently I noticed small vibration in both the front tyres, which is in noticeable level. It's observed when the car is started and not moving.

I replaced front shock mounts, one engine mount and done wheel alignment after the repairs.

What could be the issue, though it's small now, I"m afraid it might lead to major thing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

4 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Menakec said:

Hi All,

Recently I bought a viva elite auto car (2011).

Recently I noticed small vibration in both the front tyres, which is in noticeable level. It's observed when the car is started and not moving.

I replaced front shock mounts, one engine mount and done wheel alignment after the repairs.

Hi, welcome and congratulations on the purchase!

When was the last time the car had a wheel alignment done? That's an important thing. The only thing that comes to mind for now is a bad wheel bearing.

1 hour ago, Menakec said:

Recently I noticed small vibration in both the front tyres

Check CV joints, ball joints, links, rack ends and tie-rods. If needed, do the replacement. These VIVA elite cars are budget cars designed to cater economy customer segment. These cars quickly wear out. As I am aware these VIVA cars need much spare parts to replace within 2-3 years under Ceylon's road conditions. Better you check overall everything....?

13 hours ago, Menakec said:

If it's heard when the car is started and not moving, it's likely to be the brake caliper pins issue which is a common issue in the Viva Elite. It could be a combination of worn out engine mounts transmitting the vibration to the wheels which have worn out caliper pins. Take your car to a garage and check the condition of these. 

Read up about the issue in the Viva Elite Community thread. You might also want to go through this thread to find out information about the car and post any of your future questions. 

Good luck!

If it's heard when the car is started and not moving, it's likely to be the brake caliper pins issue which is a common issue in the Viva Elite. It could be a combination of worn out engine mounts transmitting the vibration to the wheels which have worn out caliper pins. Take your car to a garage and check the condition of these. 
Read up about the issue in the Viva Elite Community thread. You might also want to go through this thread to find out information about the car and post any of your future questions. 
Good luck!
Dear All,
Thanks for your feedbacks.
Once curfew is lifted, I"ll have gurage inspection and let know their root cause.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk