• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

iRage

On 5/3/2020 at 10:56 AM, iRage said:

As we all go through some sort of lockdown and are being directed to stay at home and practice social distancing, car manufacturers are coming up with ideas to keep the motor heads home bound....here are some selections from the Japanese manufacturers...

TIP : You will need 120gsm+ paper. If you do not have access to that (or your printer cannot handle it...just print it on normal 80 or 100 paper and paste it on thin/handycraft cardboard.

Part 1:

Something for my petrol head friends....here is something to help you get through lockdown ..for those with car loving kids and the kid at 2764.png❤️

PAPER CRAFT CARS !

MAZDA
https://www.mazda.com/ja/csr/social/kids/papercraft/

No photo description available.

Thanks a lot for the links- I did a Ford Mustang once but this is great. Sadly printer is out of Ink due to sons homework.  Last time I took it to a place called Leaf and printed it .

3 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Speaking of good ol phones. I used to have a Nokia 7600 since launch and a Motorola V3 as well(spoiled-yes yes).

Used to be a geek at school before the phones, almost a celebrity after. This was an age where not  everyone had mobile phones(2005 maybe? )

The Nokia was the official "material" media device for the guys. I used to tell people it was a calculator,and they believed it!

Had some more phones,but can't seem to remember them atm. 

Not a brag but I'm past my 100th phone(so now you know why I'm broke, right @AVANTE? ).

Finally settled down with a Samsung A20 and Iphone 7. 

Rant over!

Motorola_RAZR_V3_Flip_Phone_for_AT_T_Wireless_-_Black_690_w425_h380.jpg

nokia-7600.jpg

You had a Motorola Razr & Nokia 7600 those days? You must have lost your virginity at such a young age?

Do you know how much the 7600 is going for these days? It's crazy. Almost impossible to find one anymore. 

Yes I know what you mean but to think about it, having an iPhone 7 and A20 together wouldn't be considered broke in here lol. But the true rich own/have owned a 3310

Edited by AVANTE
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Speaking of good ol phones. I used to have a Nokia 7600 since launch and a Motorola V3 as well(spoiled-yes yes).

Used to be a geek at school before the phones, almost a celebrity after. This was an age where not  everyone had mobile phones(2005 maybe? )

The Nokia was the official "material" media device for the guys. I used to tell people it was a calculator,and they believed it!

Had some more phones,but can't seem to remember them atm. 

Not a brag but I'm past my 100th phone(so now you know why I'm broke, right @AVANTE? ).

Finally settled down with a Samsung A20 and Iphone 7. 

Rant over!

Motorola_RAZR_V3_Flip_Phone_for_AT_T_Wireless_-_Black_690_w425_h380.jpg

nokia-7600.jpg

@fiat fan the Razr was just something else! 

I bet you'd look cool even today if you rock up with one of those somewhere ?

On 5/6/2020 at 5:10 PM, pug306xsi said:

Do you want me to drop a message if I have seem them in Sri Lanka? i can buy it for you and keep.

Alp art is available on most stores. and Congo and Land of soviets was on a double book which i have.

Thank you so much for the offer. Will sure do. ?

2 hours ago, AVANTE said:

But the true rich own/have owned a 3310

My daily right now is a CAT phone which i'm very careless with. I can say without doubt that the 6600 & 3310 from personal experience can mix it up with the CAT?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

My daily right now is a CAT phone which i'm very careless with. I can say without doubt that the 6600 & 3310 from personal experience can mix it up with the CAT?

Put a pic down here. Would love to see that. How much did it cost you btw? How would you compare the CAT with the JCB phones? I heard JCB is only good with toughness and everything else sucks on those. 

3 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Put a pic down here. Would love to see that. How much did it cost you btw? How would you compare the CAT with the JCB phones? I heard JCB is only good with toughness and everything else sucks on those. 

It's one of these @AVANTE https://www.catphones.com/en-gb/cat-s41-smartphone/

The phone is brilliant - no major complaints. Performs well, doesn't hang, multitasks happily. It is very robust.

The battery is the party piece - it'll last a full day with everything going (WiFi, music streaming, Chrome & the usual stack of Apps)

It's pretty much stock Android - without bloatware or a manufacturer UI like Samsung's TouchWiz.

There is only one thing wrong with it - the Camera. It's plain rubbish in low light or anything close to it (indoors) 

I notice the local "Agent" selling it for more now, than what I bought it for in late 2017

A friend of mine who has the S61 (with FLIR thermal camera as well!) ends up with better pictures

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@fiat fan the Razr was just something else! 

I bet you'd look cool even today if you rock up with one of those somewhere ?

It was. So sleek and sexy. All black. The slimness is unbelievable even for today's standards. 

That click u get when you slam the lid shut,or open it in a cool way with ur thumb. Ahhh the memories!

Would love a new Moto Razr flex. But its a cool 1500 dollars! 

17 hours ago, AVANTE said:

You had a Motorola Razr & Nokia 7600 those days? You must have lost your virginity at such a young age?

Do you know how much the 7600 is going for these days? It's crazy. Almost impossible to find one anymore. 

Yes I know what you mean but to think about it, having an iPhone 7 and A20 together wouldn't be considered broke in here lol. But the true rich own/have owned a 3310

Hahah lol. Let's say some of them women are still my friends!

They go from 100 to 250 dollars. Quite a few in ok condition actually. Would buy one again when budget permits!

Thats encouraging ? I had a 3310, to be honest not a fan. I missed the buttons on both sides. 

Fun story with a 3310: When you call somebody on a 3310,it just says calling. Even when they pick up,the minutes dont count. So you had no way to know if they picked up, unless you held it in your ear(no speakerphone). So one day soon after being given the 3310,  called my pops with my friends nearby(dumb yes). I didn't put it in me ear and was waiting for the screen to change. Turns out pops had picked up right away and he was listening to the boys taking about "box breaking, small mishaps with dasuni in the ladies room, hand tractors thinking of a milf" and so on!!! My left buttock is still swollen!

• Haha 2

On 5/8/2020 at 6:55 AM, fiat fan said:

It was. So sleek and sexy. All black. The slimness is unbelievable even for today's standards. 

That click u get when you slam the lid shut,or open it in a cool way with ur thumb. Ahhh the memories!

Would love a new Moto Razr flex. But its a cool 1500 dollars! 

So i picked one of these up a few years ago @fiat fan

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_folder-7453.php

Sadly didn't have quite the effect of the old flip phones but it ran on Android but had a physical T9 3x4 keyboard

Really well built! - "'KDM" version if you will ?

41 minutes ago, AVANTE said:

Did this 1:24 scale Modulo NSX Super GT 2017 Race car that's used by Epson Nakajima Racing. Papercraft sure is a crazy cool hobby! 

IMG_20200517_201204.jpg

IMG_20200517_201153.jpg

Damn ! You are putting my clumsy chubby finger skills to shame :P 

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Damn ! You are putting my clumsy chubby finger skills to shame :P 

You talked too soon! This is my 4th papercraft but the 2nd successful one. Other 2 failures were a 1:24 Alfa 8c2900b and 1:43 Evo IX.. The NSX took 8 hours but the templates are very well put together! Here's the link, straight from Epson themselves! 

https://www.epson.jp/sponsor/nakajima/craft/