• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

iRage

As we all go through some sort of lockdown and are being directed to stay at home and practice social distancing, car manufacturers are coming up with ideas to keep the motor heads home bound....here are some selections from the Japanese manufacturers...

TIP : You will need 120gsm+ paper. If you do not have access to that (or your printer cannot handle it...just print it on normal 80 or 100 paper and paste it on thin/handycraft cardboard.

Part 1:

Something for my petrol head friends....here is something to help you get through lockdown ..for those with car loving kids and the kid at 2764.png❤️

PAPER CRAFT CARS !

MAZDA
https://www.mazda.com/ja/csr/social/kids/papercraft/

No photo description available.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Part 2:

Coloring pages/booklets

As a follow up to the paper craft post....
Japanese car manufacturers continue to help the car addicts to stay at home....and bringing out the artist/designer in them 2764.png❤️

Check out the links for proper sized coloring pages 1f642.png:)

Nissan coloring book : https://global.nissannews.com/ja-JP/releases/200417-01-j

Toyota : https://toyota.jp/news/stayhome/

Mazda : https://twitter.com/Mazda_PR/status/1251065391800934400

Subaru : https://twitter.com/SUBARU_CORP/status/1253489238454136832

Suzuki : https://twitter.com/suzukicojp/status/1253594657465876486

No photo description available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Thanks alot iRage! Wholesome stuff, This brought out the inner kid in me...gonna try it out?

Also here's a 1:12 scale diorama I made a while back, needs a few more improvements and additions, spider webs & dust maintained for special effects?:

Screenshot_20200503_120950.jpg

Screenshot_20200503_121026.jpg

Screenshot_20200503_121057.jpg

Screenshot_20200503_121042.jpg

Dude this is amazing! Are you into collectibles and stuff???

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Dude this is amazing! Are you into collectibles and stuff???

Yes sir! Not that big of a collection but I do love collecting diecasts and little stuff, even have a few old vinyl records, currencies, etc. Sometimes I check around ebay and other websites on the latest diecasts even though I'm too broke to buy anything besides a hotwheels?

What about you? 

So what do you guys collect ? I am in to 

- die cast cars

- car catalogues

- had a coin collection but stopped long time ago

- old operating systems 

Quarantine has gotten me in to model cars and papercraft :D Now coloring :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AVANTE said:

Yes sir! Not that big of a collection but I do love collecting diecasts and little stuff, even have a few old vinyl records, currencies, etc. Sometimes I check around ebay and other websites on the latest diecasts even though I'm too broke to buy anything besides a hotwheels?

What about you? 

well that's good to hear - are you part of the collectors groups on social media? I'm a small-scale collector myself I have about a 100 1/64's , half a dozen 1/24's and about 20-30 1:43 and 1:32;s  I'm too lazy and too clumsy to be making dioramas and customizing hot-wheels. But I do enjoy taking pics of them mostly in the open. 'These days I've been staying home and snapping my die casts ? here's a few:

image.png.8d72a3eca69b6e94f0c093bfaaff2fd2.png

image.png.52106855051cc3ca387e9826faa2036a.png

image.thumb.png.26ea709722e8040284a92a7666a157a0.png

image.png.eb245d71fbbb6bfc55b1a37906343cc7.png

ok the S2000 is pre-lock down 

image.png.2aa8ce142233c0db3e8a5243d2ffb8e7.png

Edited by matroska
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, iRage said:

die cast cars

- car catalogues

- old operating systems 

What made me car-crazy was car brochures - I had a grand-uncle working for Sathosa Motors who gave me Isuzu Catalogs, and a Japanese friend of my fathers sent me a few Toyota's (the MR2 brochure was my favorite - so much so that I went through it before bed every day when I was small)  then it kind of went away and nowadays old  catalogs are waaay expensive. 

So now I just collect die-casts and (digital copies) of old racing games 

When you mean old OS' - do you have images that you run on VM's ? For nostalgia's sake 2 years back  i got 98 to run on a VM but could not source 95 - however you cannot have 98 VGA drivers on VM's so you'd have to run without sound. 

Edited by matroska

52 minutes ago, matroska said:

well that's good to hear - are you part of the collectors groups on social media? I'm a small-scale collector myself I have about a 100 1/64's , half a dozen 1/24's and about 20-30 1:43 and 1:32;s  I'm too lazy and too clumsy to be making dioramas and customizing hot-wheels. But I do enjoy taking pics of them mostly in the open. 'These days I've been staying home and snapping my die casts ? here's a few:

image.png.8d72a3eca69b6e94f0c093bfaaff2fd2.png

image.png.52106855051cc3ca387e9826faa2036a.png

image.thumb.png.26ea709722e8040284a92a7666a157a0.png

image.png.eb245d71fbbb6bfc55b1a37906343cc7.png

ok the S2000 is pre-lock down 

image.png.2aa8ce142233c0db3e8a5243d2ffb8e7.png

Nicee ones and nice shots.. Me gusta! 

Yeah I'm in the model builders, hotwheels and diecast family group.I used to collect catalogues too and had some good ones but gave away/lost them over time. I only have a caddy lineup & Corvette C7 catalogue for now straight out of the GM Showroom. 

I'm into drawing too. Currently doing up a '54 MG TF? 

Screenshot_20200503_191613.jpg

Screenshot_20200503_191525.jpg

IMG_20200402_212327_465.jpg

Edited by AVANTE

1 hour ago, matroska said:

What made me car-crazy was car brochures - I had a grand-uncle working for Sathosa Motors who gave me Isuzu Catalogs, and a Japanese friend of my fathers sent me a few Toyota's (the MR2 brochure was my favorite - so much so that I went through it before bed every day when I was small)  then it kind of went away and nowadays old  catalogs are waaay expensive. 

So now I just collect die-casts and (digital copies) of old racing games 

When you mean old OS' - do you have images that you run on VM's ? For nostalgia's sake 2 years back  i got 98 to run on a VM but could not source 95 - however you cannot have 98 VGA drivers on VM's so you'd have to run without sound. 

Yupp...old catalogues are pretty expensive. I had about 700 which is now down to about 500. I see some of the old ones I had for sale and get shocked at the price. One of my addictions is to keep an eye on Yahoo auctions for any auctions that get obscured for various reasons and get sold off for cheap :) 

VMs work pretty well for the usual ones like MS-DOS, OS/2, etc...but for the Sinclair OS that was impossible and had to keep my Sinclair ZX80 alive. Sadly that perished about 5 years ago :(

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Yupp...old catalogues are pretty expensive. I had about 700 which is now down to about 500. I see some of the old ones I had for sale and get shocked at the price. One of my addictions is to keep an eye on Yahoo auctions for any auctions that get obscured for various reasons and get sold off for cheap :) 

VMs work pretty well for the usual ones like MS-DOS, OS/2, etc...but for the Sinclair OS that was impossible and had to keep my Sinclair ZX80 alive. Sadly that perished about 5 years ago :(

Good stuff.. Are you into antique OS only or old tech in general? I'm into old phones. Have a few nokias (some dead), recently got an E5? and trying to acquire a Nokia 6600 and E72 in black (My dream phone when It first launched) qwerty keyboard, aluminum cover, GT Racing & Spiderman Pre installed.. Damn they don't make them like they used to anymore. Only gripe is can't seem to sync up with the Ovi store app on my computer and download some stuff. Even the shop guy isn't sure on how to do so. 

38 minutes ago, vitz said:

Thanks IRage!!!

See what came out!!! it helped me to distract my daughter from the phone though :)

image.png.0d088e388831fcc38935aef827827917.png

Did you do that with 120gsm or 80/100gsm paper? Can't find 120 here men?

10 hours ago, vitz said:

Thanks IRage!!!

See what came out!!! it helped me to distract my daughter from the phone though :)

image.png.0d088e388831fcc38935aef827827917.png

Nice !

10 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Good stuff.. Are you into antique OS only or old tech in general? I'm into old phones. Have a few nokias (some dead), recently got an E5? and trying to acquire a Nokia 6600 and E72 in black (My dream phone when It first launched) qwerty keyboard, aluminum cover, GT Racing & Spiderman Pre installed.. Damn they don't make them like they used to anymore. Only gripe is can't seem to sync up with the Ovi store app on my computer and download some stuff. Even the shop guy isn't sure on how to do so. 

Old OSs :) Pretty much the OSs I got my feet wet with way back then :)

18 hours ago, iRage said:

Something for my petrol head friends....here is something to help you get through lockdown ..for those with car loving kids and the kid at 2764.png

Great thread after a while! Definitely nudged the inner kid in me. Will give this a try.

17 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Also here's a 1:12 scale diorama I made a while back, needs a few more improvements and additions, spider webs & dust maintained for special effects?:

That is amazing! I can only imagine the time you must have spent on this. 

11 hours ago, iRage said:

So what do you guys collect ? I am in to 

- die cast cars

- car catalogues

- old operating systems 

Quarantine has gotten me in to model cars and papercraft :D Now coloring :D 

Moving to another country sort of pressed the reset button on all my hobbies including the stuff I have been collecting. As a kid, I collected:

- HotWheels. I had about 50 or 60 of them. My parents forced me to give them away to my much younger cousins, and I did. I couldn't let go of two of my favourites though. A 80s T-Bird (AKA Hot Bird) and a 80s Dixie Challenger. I still have them somewhere in a box back home.

- Diecast models (1:18 scale)  About 6 cars and 6 motorcycles. All Maisto. Not really a collection. All back home in boxes.

- Vintage video games/consoles. My first ever console was one that belonged to my father. A 1980s Atari 2600. Got a couple of Nintendo Game n Watches as well as the ever popular Casio handheld games. I may have had about 10 in total - not really a collection. Then I got a Nintendo Entertainment System, A SEGA Genesis (AKA Sega Mega Drive) and  a FAMICOM as well for some reason. The SEGA was again given to the same "younger cousins" mentioned above but I still have the NES. The FAMICOM stopped working with the notorious control pad jack issue.  I was missing the NES so badly so I bought two consoles just a few years ago. The NES Mini and the SNES mini. Now I don't have to feel like flying back to Sri Lanka whenever I want to play a vintage video game. :) These are the only consoles I have with me ATM. Hoping to complete the mini consoles collection someday. 

IMG_20180510_234934.thumb.jpg.20721f4516d1750aeba239f3229a4875.jpg

- TINTIN The entire collection of paperback books. Some books are from the 70s and ones my father was gifted by my grandparents. This is one of my most treasured collections and the only collection I brought with me to Australia.

IMG_20161005_183758.thumb.jpg.4941660c54a0bb60e3c156710bca6927.jpg

IMG_20200504_124545.thumb.jpg.4931639da85bfb88d86ca9501842bb79.jpg

I also had several car brochures because a few of my relatives were working for D*MO and Unit3d M0tors. I have shared some of them in our Car Catalogues and Brochures thread several years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Davy you have the 70s prints ?

I had the Tin Tin collection but it just dissapeared as my cousins borrowed them and never returned. The only TIntin I have is FLight 714, Land of Black Gold and The Making of Tintin in the world of the inca.

34 minutes ago, iRage said:

I had the Tin Tin collection but it just dissapeared as my cousins borrowed them and never returned. The only TIntin I have is FLight 714, Land of Black Gold and The Making of Tintin in the world of the inca.

Yeah, some of them are from the 70s and 80s. Most of them are from the 90s. ? Oldest one is from 1972 - King Ottokar's Sceptre (seen above). 

"The Making of Tintin - In the World of INCA" is probably one of the rarest along with "Making of Mission to the Moon". You'd be lucky to find one for less than 100 USD. Just letting you know of the value of that book. Treasure it like gold! ?

In the early 2000s, the publishers switched to digital fonts which was quite disappointing. So if you buy brand new books, they have a digital font and looks nothing like the original hand-written Hyslop lettering. The earlier books are highly sought after. 

1 hour ago, Davy said:

"The Making of Tintin - In the World of INCA" is probably one of the rarest along with "Making of Mission to the Moon". You'd be lucky to find one for less than 100 USD. Just letting you know of the value of that book. Treasure it like gold! ?

Yeah...got lucky with that one....found a copy for not too much (~6000yen ?) about two years ago on Amazon Japan whilst looking for some books for my son :) 

image.thumb.png.2084ebc4e3c956bcc8bb95a955abbb6f.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davy said:

- TINTIN The entire collection of paperback books. Some books are from the 70s and ones my father was gifted by my grandparents. This is one of my most treasured collections and the only collection I brought with me to Australia.

4 hours ago, iRage said:

Oh Wow more Tin tin fans! This thread just got better.  How could I have forgotten - I do have all the Tintin books safely stashed away except 'The Making of Tintin in the world of the inca' - the last book i got 5 years back which was the double volume containing land of the soviets and tintin in the congo :everything else i got as gifts from my parents and grand parents (this was in the 90's and 2000's ) I also have Most of the Asterix collection (notable exception being Asterix in Spain) upto Asterix and the secret weapon and Asterix and obelix all at sea - I do not have the newer books like 'Falling sky' etc. 

When I was like 7-8 Tintin was almost life... Flight 714 was my favourite and it got me interested in Extra terrestrial stuff and eventually led me into becoming an X Files fan. 

Do you guys follow the Tintin forums (tintinologist) there are some nice insights into the world of Tintin there. 

19 hours ago, iRage said:

Sinclair OS that was impossible and had to keep my Sinclair ZX80 alive.

wait what you had  Sinclair ZX80 for that long?  That kind of has a connection for me While I was not even close to being born in 1981, when it was published  almost 20 years later when I was 12-13 I found this book in a pile of books a relative was throwing away. Out of curiosity I started reading it  and i found out that some of the syntax was compatible with the GW basic compiler I had on my PC. One thing led to another and I ended up writing programs for a living 

frontcvr.jpg

59 minutes ago, matroska said:

wait what you had  Sinclair ZX80 for that long?  That kind of has a connection for me While I was not even close to being born in 1981, when it was published  almost 20 years later when I was 12-13 I found this book in a pile of books a relative was throwing away. Out of curiosity I started reading it  and i found out that some of the syntax was compatible with the GW basic compiler I had on my PC. One thing led to another and I ended up writing programs for a living 

frontcvr.jpg

Yupp....Sinclair Basic was compatible with GW BASIC. My parents got the ZX80 which pissed me off as they would connect it to the TV and I couldn't watch cartoons...so I started playing around with it...one thing left to another and made a living out of telling people what to do with computers :D 

Yes...I had the Sinclair for that long :D It had the ..hold on to your seats....16KB memory upgrade along with the optional press button keyboard :D. Had to find donor parts and get ribbon cables jimy rigged and stuff to get it running a few times...how ever...the motherboard finally gave out...so that was the end of it :( 

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Yeah...got lucky with that one....found a copy for not too much (~6000yen ?) about two years ago on Amazon Japan whilst looking for some books for my son :) 

image.thumb.png.2084ebc4e3c956bcc8bb95a955abbb6f.png

does this have extra pages etc?