• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Juke 2020

Bandula Rajapaksha

Question

Hello everyone,

I planning on buying a new Nissan Juke 2020 from A*W motors anyway the tekna edition is not available to us, this edition does not have the Bose sound system and have adifferent wheel set different from the tekna edition. I want to know if there is anything I need to consider before buying this vehicle.

Thank you.

Screenshot_2020-05-01-12-34-12-906_com.whatsapp.jpg

16 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

In UK they offer 7 speed automatic and 6 speed manual gearboxes. If our agent is also importing from UK maybe we can order a manual one.

Also I'm pretty sure there are plenty of grey importers who are willing to bring own a manual on

There we go! That's the one to get! Not a CVT, DCT needed: 6 speed manual to the rescue! :D 

On 5/7/2020 at 9:32 AM, sathyajithj99 said:

In UK they offer 7 speed automatic and 6 speed manual gearboxes. If our agent is also importing from UK maybe we can order a manual one.

Also I'm pretty sure there are plenty of grey importers who are willing to bring down a manual one.

https://youtu.be/X3cVttIXmOs 

Even the new Civic (a fun to drive car), CHR (a crossover aimed for youngsters) & Swift (chuckable fun hatchback) have manual options available except no one brought down any (for the civic a few made it it seems).

So I don't have hopes that a Juke (a 7 mil vehicle) will be ordered with a manual because anyone who has 7 million ready and wants to buy a Juke is usually not the type to go after a manual. 

4 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Even the new Civic (a fun to drive car), CHR (a crossover aimed for youngsters) & Swift (chuckable fun hatchback) have manual options available except no one brought down any (for the civic a few made it it seems).

So I don't have hopes that a Juke (a 7 mil vehicle) will be ordered with a manual because anyone who has 7 million ready and wants to buy a Juke is usually not the type to go after a manual. 

That maybe because their CVTs have proven reliable than Nissan's CVT or DCT.  It seems manual gearboxes are popular in UK as I see these UK car reviewers choose them for their vehicle reviews more than autos.

1 hour ago, sathyajithj99 said:

That maybe because their CVTs have proven reliable than Nissan's CVT or DCT.  It seems manual gearboxes are popular in UK as I see these UK car reviewers choose them for their vehicle reviews more than autos.

Valid point. But still, in that price range the amount of people who'd prefer a manual is really low. If they lose trust in the juke, they might stop buying it altogether and go for something else in the same category. Alot of options available these days. 

Also take the Vezel for example. DCT was unreliable yet no one ordered the manual version, they kept bringing down the DCT version. Finally Honda discontinued the manual option in 2019.

Edited by AVANTE

13 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Valid point. But still, in that price range the amount of people who'd prefer a manual is really low. If they lose trust in the juke, they might stop buying it altogether and go for something else in the same category. Alot of options available these days. 

Also take the Vezel for example. DCT was unreliable yet no one ordered the manual version, they kept bringing down the DCT version. Finally Honda discontinued the manual option in 2019.

When the Vezel reached our shores for the first time, it was such an attractive "SUV" for the Sri Lankans with posh looks, lots of options and a decent price tag (below 5 million ) and most of all a HYBRID. I bet most of the people who bought it didn't know the transmission was DCT or even what DCT means. All they knew was that it's an automatic gearbox as car sales people said to them. Most of them followed the heard and bought them. There were no competitive alternatives at that time for Vezel. Even there were some, either they were not hybrids or they didn't offer options as much as the vezel. But with the release of competitive vehicles for similar prices and reliable gearboxes (such as CHR) , the importation of Vezels drastically fell. Still there are some importing it but most of them don't even know it has DCT. 

The agent offered the international version of Vezel which is Honda HRV gasoline with CVT box but compared to Vezel it was expensive and came with less options . So nobody went for it. I have seen around 3 of these vehicles in Colombo though.

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 1

When the Vezel reached our shores for the first time, it was such an attractive "SUV" for the Sri Lankans with posh looks, lots of options and a decent price tag (below 5 million ) and most of all a HYBRID. I bet most of the people who bought it didn't know the transmission was DCT or even what DCT means. All they knew was that it's an automatic gearbox as car sales people said to them. Most of them followed the heard and bought them. There were no competitive alternatives at that time for Vezel. Even there were some, either they were not hybrids or they didn't offer options as much as the vezel. But with the release of competitive vehicles for similar prices and reliable gearboxes (such as CHR) , the importation of Vezels drastically fell. Still there are some importing it but most of them don't even know it has DCT. 

The agent offered the international version of Vezel which is Honda HRV gasoline with CVT box but compared to Vezel it was expensive and came with less options . So nobody went for it. I have seen around 3 of these vehicles in Colombo though.
Well this is kinda true for all newish vehicles in SL...we basically cant buy without some sort of compromise due to taxes....IF you wanted a newish car 5 years ago you either had to buy a Hybrid bringing in Battery failures(Aqua), Engine Oil burning issues(GP1), DCT(unholy trinity of Fit-Vezel-Grace) ....few years later we had the option of tiny engined versions of regular cars (the juke is an exception though as AFAIK it only has the 1L version)

22 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

@sathyajithj99 i'm unconvinced about  DCT's for daily use in any market similar to ours where most urban users face bumper to bumper traffic in hot & humid conditions

It's not just Honda. Even VW has had issues and Ford agreed to settle a class action lawsuit against them!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30689585/ford-settlement-transmission-lawsuit/

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27438193/ford-powershift-transmission-problems/

This is on top of the lawsuit they lost in Thailand (a first for a foreign automaker! ?‍♂️) https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1544518/ford-to-pay-b23m-to-car-owners-in-class-action-ruling

21 hours ago, AVANTE said:

The Vezel never had a manual transmission. Remember the Vezel is the JDM variant which never came in manual. the HRV came in DCT and Manual variants...and for Sri Lankans..well they crave for that "Japan model". So yes..the HR-V killed the Manual in 2019.

9 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

The HR-V did not hit the Sri Lankan shores until a  few years later. The Vezel gasoline came with a CVT, which was what the HR-V was. However, the local taxes were such that it did not work in favor for the pure gasoline variant.

On 5/9/2020 at 4:40 PM, iRage said:

The Vezel never had a manual transmission. Remember the Vezel is the JDM variant which never came in manual. the HRV came in DCT and Manual variants...and for Sri Lankans..well they crave for that "Japan model". So yes..the HR-V killed the Manual in 2019.

The HR-V did not hit the Sri Lankan shores until a  few years later. The Vezel gasoline came with a CVT, which was what the HR-V was. However, the local taxes were such that it did not work in favor for the pure gasoline variant.

Wasn't there also a B-RV made in India somewhere in that mix as well??

On 5/9/2020 at 4:40 PM, iRage said:

@iRage the HRV hybrid equipped with the i-DCD system was launched outside of Japan last year wasn't it? Is there any news of an updated Vezel/ HRV with the new i-MMD system launched with the new FIT anytime soon?

3 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

Yes ,the HRV, BRV (this is offered by the agent here) and CRV trio :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

Yes...the BRV was there...but did Stafford manage to sell any of them ?

22 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

@iRage the HRV hybrid equipped with the i-DCD system was launched outside of Japan last year wasn't it? Is there any news of an updated Vezel/ HRV with the new i-MMD system launched with the new FIT anytime soon? 

Honda has indicated that the Vezel will be refreshed next year....not sure if we will see it later this year or early next year.  Honda has confirmed that it will continue to use the Fit base..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iRage said:

Yes...the BRV was there...but did Stafford manage to sell any of them?

Yes I have seen a few on the road, most bought for permits. It's 7 seater competitors like Toyota Rush and Mitsubishi Expander were bigger and had more options, people went for those. The agent no longer sell it.

25 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Yes I have seen a few on the road, most bought for permits. It's 7 seater competitors like Toyota Rush and Mitsubishi Expander were bigger and had more options, people went for those. The agent no longer sell it.

Agreed @sathyajithj99 - it's odd how it looked like a high roof HR-V. The proportions seemed odd

@iRage i've seen one in silver around town so Stafford sold at least 1 that I can attest to ?

On 5/7/2020 at 7:53 PM, ######## Rajapaksha said:

Because of this pandemic situation it is impossible to visit A*W and see the vehicle.the agents contacts me through WhatsApp and he said to keep a deposit before the vehicle is being shipped.is that a right thing to do? Since it's hard to guarantee anything over whatsapp

Apparently a colleague told me they are trying to force customers to pay 2mil to full value without the cars reaching the shore, something fishy there, I told him not to agree 

Especially when they do not have a demo unit, also the price is still not stated.

The manager apparently had asked to go see a black import car in a kohuwala sale to get an idea, which is a higher grade, the dude backed off and is holding his ground saying he will not purchase until he sees a car. They also say they've sold some 50 odd units which again is bluff I guess.

I wouldn't move any money until I see the car in their showroom, let alone gearbox fears

Edited by tiv