• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need to buy a 2008/2009 Vitz. Is it good choice ? SHould I go for a 2016/2017 Unregistered Vitz ?

Shehan_Desha

Also, the multifunction steering came originally for cars with 6 speakers (including the 2 small ones on the A pillars). If there are no speakers on the A pillars, multifunction steering may have been installed locally.

18 hours ago, iRage said:

If you look at the ID plate in the engine there is a model code (not the chassis number..it will say MODEL : <xxxxxx-xxxxxx>) you can find out the manufacturer grade from that by comparing it against an EPC. There are also websites where when you enter the chassis number it will show you the basic info about the car when it was released by the manufacturer in Japan. 

Also there is a number call VIN number (17 digit number ). 
There are some site where we can enter it and find details of car ( https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Toyota )
In here VIN is described http://toylexparts.com/decode/frame/ksp130-2178585
I think this is not the same number what I @iRage is mentioned

Edited by Shehan_Desha

image.png.0062f54c8d7e3fb0d7790ef3aea2a8ab.png

VIN numbers are there in export model cars...it is similar to what we call chassis numbers. On the ID plate it is referred to as Frame No.

What I am referring to is NOT the VIN number nor the chassis number. When you look at the ID plate there is what is called a MODEL (number) in Toyota vehicles. In this case it is DBA-NSP135-AHXNK-A

from that we can learn that it is a 1.3L variant with a CVT transmission and is a F grade (AHXNK) -A shows that it was some sort of manufacturer special packages/editions (something liek a Smile edition).

If the sites you are referring ot ask for VIN numbers then it will not work. There are sites that are specifically to look up Japanese market model info.