• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

High abnormal sound in starting viva elite 2011 auto car

Menakec

Question

Recenty I bough a viva elite 2011 auto car. When starting the car, ignition sound is higher than usual elite car. Mileage is around 72k. 
What can be the issue?
Starter motor checked and no issue was raised by the mechanic.

I cross checked starting sound with few other elite cars, but mine generates around 50% more sound.

What could be the issue

11 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Menakec said:

Recenty I bough a viva elite 2011 auto car. When starting the car, ignition sound is higher than usual elite car. Mileage is around 72k. 
What can be the issue?

I cross checked starting sound with few other elite cars, but mine generates around 50% more sound.

What could be the issue

Welcome to the forum...?.

Check the silencer for any leaks. Also check the silencer components.

15 hours ago, Menakec said:

What can be the issue?

What could be the issue

Thank you.

But once car is running, sound is normal, rpm around 900.

Only at the moment of starting this abnormal sound generates

I have a sound clip of it, which I can't attach here.

Thank you.
But once car is running, sound is normal, rpm around 900.
Only at the moment of starting this abnormal sound generates
I have a sound clip of it, which I can't attach here.
What is the RPM when the sound is high? does it sound like the car is revving excessively? you can maybe upload the sound to soundcloud/youtube and link it ?
Could be exhaust related but if its a high idle it could be many things.

Sent from my TA-1021 using Tapatalk

@matroska
At starting rpm is around 1200 - 1500. Yes, abnormal revving is there and I'm aware that battery power is low since it was in stand still position for more than two months.

The sound comes from front lower side of car.

I have uploaded sound to soundclound and sharing the link below.
Could you please have a look

What is the RPM when the sound is high? does it sound like the car is revving excessively? you can maybe upload the sound to soundcloud/youtube and link it ?
Could be exhaust related but if its a high idle it could be many things.

Sent from my TA-1021 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

@matroska
At starting rpm is around 1200 - 1500. Yes, abnormal revving is there and I'm aware that battery power is low since it was in stand still position for more than two months.

On 4/29/2020 at 12:16 PM, ghostwriter said:

elite's starter motor generates quite a high sound when starting anyway. maybe yours is on its way out. Also check if the 12V battery is in good condition and it gives enough power to the starter when starting the car.

Agree with GW here.

Since you brought the car very recently you might feel its loud. But when I listened to the clip it doesn't sound like anything abnormal to me. 

Its quite normal for Peroduas, I remember my kelisa also had similar sound. Guess @matroska and whoever had/has Peroduas can confirm.

May be few crankes more than usual, just slightly due to a weak 12v.

11 hours ago, Menakec said:

@matroska

Yeah Ok I had a listen - it doesn't sound too bad. This is kind of normal in a 3 Pot engine - we had a Kelisa 5-6 years back and it's normal for the RPM to be high on a cold start- the RPM starts off aroud 1200 and then evens out to below 1000. The engine too is quite noisy and there is also a bit of vibration (3 Cyl engines are never quite refined even the 1.0 L Civic engine kicks a massive racket that just doesn't come out as much since its reasonably well insulated) 

5 hours ago, GK_007 said:

Agree with GW here.

Since you brought the car very recently you might feel its loud. But when I listened to the clip it doesn't sound like anything abnormal to me. 

Its quite normal for Peroduas, I remember my kelisa also had similar sound. Guess @matroska and whoever had/has Peroduas can confirm.

May be few crankes more than usual, just slightly due to a weak 12v.

Yeah noticed a little bit more cranking  - possible due to the weak battery. 

@Menakec - i wouldn't be too concerned if i were you. 

On 4/27/2020 at 10:36 PM, Menakec said:

What can be the issue?

What could be the issue

Please don't think that I am discouraging you. As I know, these VIVA elite cars are budget hatchbacks. So when these cars age, the spare parts quickly wear out. I know some of my friends who bought brand new of these cars  complaining so many things within 2-3 years and selling these to buy larger sedans. In small hatches these squeals, screeches, vibration, engine knocks, oil burning, gear grinding noises comes earlier than larger sedans. You need to check overall everything with an expert technician...?