• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alloywheel Repair

cheths727

Hi.

Is there anyone who have repaired alloy wheels.

I have a Toyota Premio with original Alloy wheels. Recently I have done a wheel alignment and noticed that all four Alloy wheels are cracked bit.

I just want to know if it is repaired, would it look like original still.

1 hour ago, cheths727 said:

Hi.

Is there anyone who have repaired alloy wheels.

I have a Toyota Premio with original Alloy wheels. Recently I have done a wheel alignment and noticed that all four Alloy wheels are cracked bit.

I just want to know if it is repaired, would it look like original still.

Hi,

What do you mean by the alloy wheels are cracked? Could you please add an image of the damage to get a better idea?

If all 4 alloy wheels are cracked did the car get into an accident? Or did you drive through bad roads at high speed?

If all 4 wheels are cracked you shouldn't be driving around I guess as it is not safe for you the car and the people in the roads.

Or is it the rim cups that you are referring to as 'alloy wheels'??

Because the Premios here mostly did not come with alloy wheels originally and the ones available are mostly after market either installed in Japan by dealers or by car sales or owners here in Sri Lanka..

Are you sure it's cracked and not chiped/scratched/curb rash? There's almost no way a modern car like a premio can have 4 wheels cracked at the same time unless:

1) it's a set of old Chinese wheels

2) the car has been driven over very horrible roads on a daily basis at high speeds

3) the car fell down a big steep ravine/mountain in an attempt to fly. 

Put a picture here. I think it's most probably scratched bad and you are trying to restore it to the original look. 

Hi,

I am sorry. It is some sort of scratches in all wheels. What happened was I put my car for a wheel alignment. as they fitted some metal devices clamped to the wheel. So edges of wheels are scratched. 

So I would like to know whether those scratches could be repaired or not. 

Please read the threads that I added in the last post. The first post itself is a DIY guide. Anyway the 2nd contain some leads about such places.

If it is a minor scratch most body shops are able to do the job for you, so don't worry.

59 minutes ago, AVANTE said:

But honestly, I've never had such an incident happen to me when doing wheel alignment. 

Yes, same here..