• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good News to 1990s vehicle owners...

Ted

@Ted what are your thoughts regarding the evolution of passive (& even more so active) - because it can be compared to present day / modern vehicles - safety features?

I drive a 90's vehicle as well and would love to see more such cars being used by enthusiasts however there are inherent benefits of modern cars right?

Then there is also the matter of efficiency & emissions as well

9 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@Ted what are your thoughts regarding the evolution of passive (& even more so active) - because it can be compared to present day / modern vehicles - safety features?

I drive a 90's vehicle as well and would love to see more such cars being used by enthusiasts however there are inherent benefits of modern cars right?

Then there is also the matter of efficiency & emissions as well

My Dear Friend,

Well lot of compromise is there... it depends on the community,

1) When considered with safety modern vehicles win. Modern vehicles are designed such that its structure prevent direct impact to the passengers. Air bags are default in modern but when compared with modern budget vehicles, both structure and air bag features are not available most of the time. 

2) Efficiancy and Consumption, well this depends on the budget of the individual. Just think buying an Aqua with economy of 20ltr avg. which may lead one to pay extra 10laks and buying an AE100 or FB15 or AT210 with economy 10ltr avg. Breakeven point is after around 10 years if he gets a loan to fulfill that extra 10laks for aqua. 

3) Maintenanance cost. Well if one is smart maintenqnce cost is quite less in 90s than that of modern.

What my final point in this thread is not to tell 90s are better than modern. But they still have some value that relevant authorities, communities and organisations should focus...

Edited by Ted

22 hours ago, Ted said:

My Dear Friend,

Well lot of compromise is there... it depends on the community,

1) When considered with safety modern vehicles win. Modern vehicles are designed such that its structure prevent direct impact to the passengers. Air bags are default in modern but when compared with modern budget vehicles, both structure and air bag features are not available most of the time. 

2) Efficiancy and Consumption, well this depends on the budget of the individual. Just think buying an Aqua with economy of 20ltr avg. which may lead one to pay extra 10laks and buying an AE100 or FB15 or AT210 with economy 10ltr avg. Breakeven point is after around 10 years if he gets a loan to fulfill that extra 10laks for aqua. 

3) Maintenanance cost. Well if one is smart maintenqnce cost is quite less in 90s than that of modern.

What my final point in this thread is not to tell 90s are better than modern. But they still have some value that relevant authorities, communities and organisations should focus...

Certainly, I agree with you on that @Ted

We haven't left a margin or rather assigned a value to the individuals time in point 2. Often friends & family ask me if it's worth the time i spend in a garage (even if its preventive maintenance) so for us enthusiasts we may not see it as a burden or cost but there is a time aspect we need to cost out as well

There is also a qualitative component to assign value to in terms of public perception 

Ultimately it boils out to those compromises you mentioned @Ted and the what the individual values, financially or otherwise

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2020 at 6:03 PM, Ted said:

What I know is very little... obviously it is limited for my car model.. Besides do you think DIY section will solve this ? There are only 5% of ppl who have literacy in English and from that using this forum is even less.. How we can transfer this knowledge to others who are not familiar with language and forums?

Start your own site with your articles. You can get free hosting on Google Sites, etc.