• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Aqua

thusharaATG

In My Toyota Aqua car was not started in yesterday. i were try it on today morning indicate the dashboard sings not starting. then i off and after about onr hour try again and it was started and driving OK. But when the headlight, on the dash board going to dim and not headlight on but engine starting. then off the headlight switch and i tried to high beam it was working. when check the 12v battery (cover touch) going too hot. can you please tell me what is the reason for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mates, 
I'm a layman and I got, almost similar symptoms with Vitz 2016, but no battery heat. when cranking, Dash Board lights almost go off and winker mirrors move very slow while hood lights on (Engine is not running). in short runs car doesn't start at once, or have to wait some time and crank. I have been observing  this issue for one month and considered to change the battery, since it's the original battery and thought it came to End Of Life. But now it doesn't start at all, and can hear starter motor trying,  but after 3 or 4 tryings it also fade away. My question is if I change the battery without supplying the power back up for computer memory of the car, would it be a significant issue? (Coz I got to know by readings such repercussions). if so, please advice me a way to get this done properly! or will all reputed car service centers do this properly?  

I really appreciate yours Ideas and recommendations.

Thanks and good health for all.

Maligaspe

Edited by Maligaspe

2 hours ago, Maligaspe said:

Hello Mates, 
I'm a layman and I got, almost similar symptoms with Vitz 2016, but no battery heat. when cranking, Dash Board lights almost go off and winker mirrors move very slow while hood lights on (Engine is not running). in short runs car doesn't start at once, or have to wait some time and crank. I have been observing  this issue for one month and considered to change the battery, since it's the original battery and thought it came to End Of Life. But now it doesn't start at all, and can hear starter motor trying,  but after 3 or 4 tryings it also fade away. My question is if I change the battery without supplying the power back up for computer memory of the car, would it be a significant issue? (Coz I got to know by readings such repercussions). if so, please advice me a way to get this done properly! or will all reputed car service centers do this properly?  

Maligaspe

I guess you have correctly figured out you need a new battery. 

It's tricky to change the battery while keeping supply to the ECU due to the risk of short circuit. And risk might outweigh the benefit. So maybe it's best to swap the battery the old fashion way and let the ECU relearn and re calibrate itself over a number of driving hours.

The bigger issue could be if you have an original head unit. Some of they require a key code for anti theft reasons, you might not have been supplied with when you bought the car. I think there are solutions around this as well.

6 hours ago, Maligaspe said:

Hello Mates, 

Maligaspe

3 hours ago, The Don said:

I guess you have correctly figured out you need a new battery. 

It's tricky to change the battery while keeping supply to the ECU due to the risk of short circuit. And risk might outweigh the benefit. So maybe it's best to swap the battery the old fashion way and let the ECU relearn and re calibrate itself over a number of driving hours.

The bigger issue could be if you have an original head unit. Some of they require a key code for anti theft reasons, you might not have been supplied with when you bought the car. I think there are solutions around this as well.

Removing the battery and replacing it is not a problem for a Vitz actually. It can be done in the usual way. 

7 hours ago, Maligaspe said:

Hello Mates, 

Maligaspe

My Dear Friend,

@The Don has given you the answer to your problem and just check whether your car DVD player too has some security code which is required if power is reset. While replacing the battery make sure you are there because I have seen many cars with the battery tray have been lost. 

Edited by Ted