• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

KIA Picanto 2017

Dileepa12x

Question

Hi All,

Is it OK to buy used 2017 model Picanto nowadays. I would like to have pros and cons regarding to this.

It's nice to have your idea about Fuel consumption, Second hand market price, Options available in this model and Parts availability in Sri Lanka  

Edited by Dileepa12x
Adding tags

10 answers to this question

On 3/28/2020 at 8:10 PM, Dileepa12x said:

Hi All,

Is it OK to buy used 2017 model Picanto nowadays. I would like to have pros and cons regarding to this.

It's nice to have your idea about Fuel consumption, Second hand market price, Options available in this model and Parts availability in Sri Lanka  

Well just my personal opinion, dont think its the right time to spend your capital on a new car in general. 

Do not know your context,  Is it your first car? If it is, and if you absolutely need a car for your daily commute If I were you I would be looking for a cheaper option e.g. something like a kelisa may be. (Not that Picanto is a bad car)

Then again, it all depends on your state of finances and lifes priorities.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GK_007 said:

Well just my personal opinion, dont think its the right time to spend your capital on a new car in general. 

Do not know your context,  Is it your first car? If it is, and if you absolutely need a car for your daily commute If I were you I would be looking for a cheaper option e.g. something like a kelisa may be. (Not that Picanto is a bad car)

Then again, it all depends on your state of finances and lifes priorities.

Thank you for your valuable comment on this.

Yes It's gonna be my first vehicle. Im going to buy this one with my same saved money + loan. Most of the people from globe hey say it's good car to use. But I need comments from our guys. That's way I posted this. Can you please tell me what would be the market value of second hand full option picanto nowadays? And does it worthy for that price?

Thank you 

We do own 2017 Picanto I will list down Pros and Cons according to my knowledge and personal experience. We used this as a secondary vehicle and some statements may not fit to your requirement.

Pros
Body style. Preferred body style for small hatch
Very easy to drive in traffic.
Non-hybrid basic car.
Handling also not bad.
Very good acceleration.
1000CC engine is preferred than 660CC.
Basic oil and maintenance is good enough.
Alloy wheel is standard for most of the version. I don’t like steel wheels with cover.
Do have doughnut spare wheel. Never use that but still prefer then repair kit.
Cabin space is ok size.
Good driving position. I am 5 10 and wife is 5 2. We both can drive comfortably and good visibility around the car.
Verified and trustworthy mileage on ODO.
Conventional auto gear box. No need to worry about CVT belt , oil and expensive maintenance.
day to day repair parts like bulb, wiper blades, tires, filters and etc are cheap. No need high tech items.
Mine is around 50K KM and no repairs except brake pad change
I don’t think you face any issue on spare parts since it’s dealer imported car and they have responsibility to supply your needs.
Ride comfort is not bad.
Ideal max speed is 100km/h. 80-85 is most comfortable speed. I drove around 120km/h and feel it’s not safe for that tiny car.
Finally most important thing is, Can buy newer car for very reasonable price.

Cons
Basic climate controllers.
Minimum safety features. Only ABS and airbag (Even lower grade doesn’t have both)
Second hand market is low. (I got a secondhand car and financial lost is very minimum. But it’s totally different story for who brought it as a brand new car)
Fuel consumption. Max 9.5 to 10 on light city traffic. I am always heavily foot on gas paddle to match my primary drives acceleration. J but again highway its around 16-18 km/l
Not a WOW factor car. Even Vitz and WagonR also not in that category. Swift is bit closer to that.

Finally, Why Picanto:
We had requirement to buy small hatch car for my wife to do school trip and short distance trips for daily needs. Our main goal is buy newer car with good pulling power for quick traffic jump. We don’t worry about fuel consumption since it’s use only for short distances and total 500-600 km per month.
Picanto fulfill all above with less price tag. So, why not?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SamN said:

We do own 2017 Picanto I will list down Pros and Cons according to my knowledge and personal experience. We used this as a secondary vehicle and some statements may not fit to your requirement.

Pros
Body style. Preferred body style for small hatch
Very easy to drive in traffic.
Non-hybrid basic car.
Handling also not bad.
Very good acceleration.
1000CC engine is preferred than 660CC.
Basic oil and maintenance is good enough.
Alloy wheel is standard for most of the version. I don’t like steel wheels with cover.
Do have doughnut spare wheel. Never use that but still prefer then repair kit.
Cabin space is ok size.
Good driving position. I am 5 10 and wife is 5 2. We both can drive comfortably and good visibility around the car.
Verified and trustworthy mileage on ODO.
Conventional auto gear box. No need to worry about CVT belt , oil and expensive maintenance.
day to day repair parts like bulb, wiper blades, tires, filters and etc are cheap. No need high tech items.
Mine is around 50K KM and no repairs except brake pad change
I don’t think you face any issue on spare parts since it’s dealer imported car and they have responsibility to supply your needs.
Ride comfort is not bad.
Ideal max speed is 100km/h. 80-85 is most comfortable speed. I drove around 120km/h and feel it’s not safe for that tiny car.
Finally most important thing is, Can buy newer car for very reasonable price.

Cons
Basic climate controllers.
Minimum safety features. Only ABS and airbag (Even lower grade doesn’t have both)
Second hand market is low. (I got a secondhand car and financial lost is very minimum. But it’s totally different story for who brought it as a brand new car)
Fuel consumption. Max 9.5 to 10 on light city traffic. I am always heavily foot on gas paddle to match my primary drives acceleration. J but again highway its around 16-18 km/l
Not a WOW factor car. Even Vitz and WagonR also not in that category. Swift is bit closer to that.

Finally, Why Picanto:
We had requirement to buy small hatch car for my wife to do school trip and short distance trips for daily needs. Our main goal is buy newer car with good pulling power for quick traffic jump. We don’t worry about fuel consumption since it’s use only for short distances and total 500-600 km per month.
Picanto fulfill all above with less price tag. So, why not?

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Can you tell me what would be the best price for used 2017 picanto nowadays and can you guess the price after 2 or 4 years later ?

I used one for 2 years one of the better cars i have used, please search the forums I have given many updates on performance, handling, economy in them.

I sold mine for Rs. 2.95 Mn. with 2 years 40K km. It was the highest grade with ABS and Air Bags. Expect to pay similar price for a good one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kush said:

I used one for 2 years one of the better cars i have used, please search the forums I have given many updates on performance, handling, economy in them.

I sold mine for Rs. 2.95 Mn. with 2 years 40K km. It was the highest grade with ABS and Air Bags. Expect to pay similar price for a good one.

Thank you @kush ? 

On 3/31/2020 at 11:15 PM, Dileepa12x said:

Thank you for your valuable comment on this.

Yes It's gonna be my first vehicle. Im going to buy this one with my same saved money + loan. Most of the people from globe hey say it's good car to use. But I need comments from our guys. That's way I posted this. Can you please tell me what would be the market value of second hand full option picanto nowadays? And does it worthy for that price?

Thank you 

@Dileepa12xgiven the current climate and the lack of job security as @GK_007 also mentioned personally i would be very uncomfortable taking a loan in these troubled times

That said the Picanto seems like a good option

On 4/2/2020 at 12:49 PM, Devinda_Z said:

@Dileepa12xgiven the current climate and the lack of job security as @GK_007 also mentioned personally i would be very uncomfortable taking a loan in these troubled times

That said the Picanto seems like a good option

Yes. After these things been settled down let's see ?. Thank you for your support. Cheers!!!

• Like 1