• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator coolant overflowing in Chery QQ

Uditha Bandara

Question

I replaced a new radiator for Chery qq ,because old radiator is damaged by an accident. After that engine heat level is normal,but radiator coolant overflows after a run.I go to many garages,but anyone can't fix it.After that at one place ,radiator fan gives direct to car oil line.Now there is no overflowing, but radiator fan always working and heat level is very low.is that good?plz help

9 answers to this question

What exactly do you mean by overflow? Doesn't the car have a coolant expansion tank? If not, is it possible that the expansion tank was damaged and discarded following the accident? 

It's normal for coolant to overflow into the expansion tank (it's actually an overflow tank as pressure relief happens at the radiator cap in most cars) as the pressure inside the system increases. When the pressure goes back down as a result of the engine cooling down, the vacuum created results in the coolant in the expansion tank being sucked back in. For this to work properly, the radiator cap needs to have the proper pressure rating.

Also, by wiring the cooling fan to direct power, whoever did that job was basically addressing the symptom rather than the problem itself. Your car is meant to work at a set operating temperature. Too cool is as bad as too hot. 

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Can you explain a bit more about what you mean by this?

"After that at one place ,radiator fan gives direct to car oil line. "

I think that technician connected the fan power supply to the oil pressure power line or some other direct power line. So the fan will continue to run.

On 3/25/2020 at 1:56 PM, Uditha Bandara said:

I replaced a new radiator for Chery qq ,because old radiator is damaged by an accident. After that engine heat level is normal,but radiator coolant overflows after a run.I go to many garages,but anyone can't fix it.After that at one place ,radiator fan gives direct to car oil line.Now there is no overflowing, but radiator fan always working and heat level is very low.is that good?plz help

Normal condition is that when the engine is heated coolant is overflown to the reservoir tank and when you stop the engine overflown coolant is sent back to the radiator. So please mention what do you mean by overflow. Do the following,

1) Mark coolant level of your resovoir tank in cold.

2) Start your car and have a run around 40 -50kms.

3) Stop and let the car to cold.

4) Check the coolant level. If the coolant level is increased then most probably you have a gasket problem.

If above is not what you mean by overflow please let me know how you observed that your coolant is overflown and in which conditions?

1 hour ago, Uditha Bandara said:

After that at one place ,radiator fan gives direct to car oil line. 

Can you explain a bit more about what you mean by this?

Also, I'm not sure about what happened after you changed connection but before that.. Could it be that radiator you bought was reconditioned one and hence could have been clogged? 

Edited by AVANTE