Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

fiat fan

My story of an Audi A4 B5

Recommended Posts

So Iv decided to open thread instead of a status update.

(BTW its my 400th post for the 8 something years I've had this profile,used to have another profile since 08'. But I dont even remember the name on that)

Ok peops. I got a story for u gents. 

I used to have an Audi A4 B5 since 09' upto 2014. Loved that car to bits. Gone through more men than a maradana hooker, but less than a model in SL. Treated badly,not run for years,ignornat bighead owner, etc etc.

This was the Jayasuriya model A4 back in the day, he won a 95' for being man of the match(pic attached)

Not the base base model,had a few options in it. But it was a 96' model year(the b5 came out in 95) so it was kinda old and sad looking because just after two years, the 97' came up with a facelift that really put it out there(bastards). 

I posted a few pics of my own car. 

I'll post the rest later as I need moment in the office 😏

I don't know why, but it said Audi A4 Limousine in a sticker in the boot!

20200324_005608.jpg

20200324_003620.jpg

FB_IMG_1585036707083.jpg

FB_IMG_1585036720683.jpg

FB_IMG_1585036713820.jpg

FB_IMG_1585036747179.jpg

FB_IMG_1585036726043.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sir Lancerlot said:

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your 400th post!

Thanks bro 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incase anyone is wondering wtf I'm doing. Lets say I have another A4 B5 in my garage. Dont wanna spoil the fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a nice one.. And oooo a surprise eh? We'll see. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woah..!! Look at that Audi trademark longitudinally mounted engine.!! You know why? Because Quattro.!  Even the FWD`s are designed the same to provision for Quattro.  Even today, there`s very few FWD cars with a similar design.  :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Post!

This generation of Audi A4 looks way better compared to its rivals (3 series, C class)

I think most of them were manuals ? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is that the Facelift or the Original jayasuriya model?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@fiat fan congratulations on your 400th post :)

 

Was that white one the car that was in Mt. Lavinia??

 

Which B5 do you have now? Brave man to have/have had multiple 😅

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ajm said:

is that the Facelift or the Original jayasuriya model?

Hmmm @ajm the steering wheel and interior fabric suggest originally pre-face list. The ADR also was on the mid 90's units only right @fiat fan?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MrCat said:

Woah..!! Look at that Audi trademark longitudinally mounted engine.!! You know why? Because Quattro.!  Even the FWD`s are designed the same to provision for Quattro.  Even today, there`s very few FWD cars with a similar design.  :)

 

That is on my mind. But im planmkng a s4 b5 conversion. Already looking at units in the uk. Jesus the B5 models are harima ganan. Most s4s are in the 15k to 20 plus british pounds! 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DJR said:

Good Post!

This generation of Audi A4 looks way better compared to its rivals (3 series, C class)

I think most of them were manuals ? 

Thanks. It does. Much more modern looking than competition. Jeremy clarkson picked the A4 B5 over the E36 3 series even plus another v6 ford.

Yes most were manuals. Auto is also not that favored in the b5 series everywhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ajm said:

is that the Facelift or the Original jayasuriya model?

Its the jayasuriya model bro. Notice the halogen non crystal lights and grill ? The facelift is waay better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@fiat fan congratulations on your 400th post :)

 

Was that white one the car that was in Mt. Lavinia??

 

Which B5 do you have now? Brave man to have/have had multiple 😅

Its a GK no. I had this untill 2015. And then it went to kandy and galle. Not sure after that. Was up for sale in galle around 2018. The advert had 6 kids sitting on the window sills on a school parade. The suspension was busted in that pic.  Its on its way to the pearly gates sadly!

Edited by fiat fan
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

Hmmm @ajm the steering wheel and interior fabric suggest originally pre-face list. The ADR also was on the mid 90's units only right @fiat fan?

Yes its a pre facelift. 

It was mostly non turbo 1.8 untill 97'. The ADR went away in 98' if I recall correctly. Sorry I'm still hazy on the engines.

Which B5 do you have now? Brave man to have/have had multiple 😅

 

Sorry I couldn't reply to this bit.

The white one above ik n the pics is my ex. I now have a 2001 A4 1.8T. Red 😩. Cost me a packet, I sold my ex for 1.25m (to a sale, part exchange).  The car is in good nick though. But I'm having this a project car,so not really picky!

 

hahaha The pain of owning a B5(any 90s or early 2000s audi for that matter)  can be put in few words, very costly but still breaks weekly. Literally.

Bad maintenance is the biggest caveat, most people buy these because they are cheap and expect to run like a maruti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry guys my phone is having a moment.didnt mean to spam this thread with 6 replies.It doesn't want to multi qoute and keeps adding letters to my sentences,among a bunch  of other things.So yeah. Thats sucks.

Im sorry for the confusion, the white car above is my EX(pre facelift-jayasuriya model) car. The new one is a facelift red 1.8T. Will post pics soon.

My plan is to do a S4 B5 conversion. Its gonna be a slooow,painfull and an expensive project.

I'm planning on buying an S4 from UK and shipping parts over to SL. They are really expensive though. 

In the beginning I was gonna do a custom S4 build, but since this will be the only S4 B5 in the country.(original or conversion) I will be keeping this 100% Stock.

(sources say we do not have ANY Audi S or RS  versions ,regardless of model ,age etc. Guess its not as popular as a M or AMG)

Lemme just leave this here. This is my end goal(cleaner and better)

Thank you

 

20200324_201650.jpg

Edited by fiat fan
Jesus this Samsung. Its slooow! Dont buy it,buy an A51 instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AVANTE said:

That was a nice one.. And oooo a surprise eh? We'll see. 

Wait I missed your comment?my bad.

Always had this in the back of me mind. Best car I ever owned(sentimentally).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

😵..!!   Are you serious about that conversion?  IF you are, may the good car lords have mercy on you ! Give you strength! Give you excellent online search skills! Give you great contacts for parts!  Give you access to technicians who`d know that Quattro is not some funky new genre of music!   😃

It`s strange that this generation S4`s are 15-20k GBP in the UK! Aren`t there any rust buckets with good running gear/interior? Seems to be around 10k-12k AUD here in Australia, about half the UK price.! Usually it`s the other way around for M cars etc... And rust is generally never a problem in a 20 year old Aussy car. 

 

Edited by MrCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2020 at 11:42 AM, fiat fan said:

Always had this in the back of me mind. Best car I ever owned(sentimentally).

I can understand. Always something about these early 2000s/late 90s cars that people can't let go. After all, they are the last generations of actual cars before the market was booming with over complicated computers on wheels (wonder what would happen to these complex cars when they start showing up on the adsites in another 10 years). Looking forward to the ownership experience of your new gf.

Edited by AVANTE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@fiat fan on the subject of B5's and Quattro's that red one was for sale some months ago....

 

Would that be a simpler place to start your project from?🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 6:47 AM, Devinda_Z said:

@fiat fan on the subject of B5's and Quattro's that red one was for sale some months ago....

 

Would that be a simpler place to start your project from?🤔

The owner was away when I checked last. 

You mean the H series red car yes?

Also pretty pricey.Actually very! 2.7mil

The regular B5 moves from 15-20. I guess Quattro demands a premium,but still!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, fiat fan said:

The owner was away when I checked last. 

You mean the H series red car yes?

Also pretty pricey.Actually very! 2.7mil

The regular B5 moves from 15-20. I guess Quattro demands a premium,but still!

HT 42 42 or 24 24 or something like that

In this market a cash offer might go a long way 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

HT 42 42 or 24 24 or something like that

In this market a cash offer might go a long way 😉

Can I just suggest a psycho idea?

Without doing a S4 conversion why dont you buy a 'VW Passat B5 W8 4.0' from JAPAN for around JPY 1000 and fit that engine and fix Audi S4/RS4 body panels to the A4?

The A4 B5 and Passat B5 share the same platform I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 11:56 PM, Virenmg said:

Can I just suggest a psycho idea?

Without doing a S4 conversion why dont you buy a 'VW Passat B5 W8 4.0' from JAPAN for around JPY 1000 and fit that engine and fix Audi S4/RS4 body panels to the A4?

The A4 B5 and Passat B5 share the same platform I think.

@Virenmg psycho indeed 😁 Oddly this isn't the first time i've heard this idea bandied about - there was something like this on one of the old VW forums sometime ago.....

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2249293-W8-in-a-B5-A4

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/338944-W8-in-a-B5-S4

In a nutshell it is a No😅 - complexity, weight, balance, cost

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@Virenmg psycho indeed 😁 Oddly this isn't the first time i've heard this idea bandied about - there was something like this on one of the old VW forums sometime ago.....

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2249293-W8-in-a-B5-A4

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/338944-W8-in-a-B5-S4

In a nutshell it is a No😅 - complexity, weight, balance, cost

 

That forum was 15 yrs ago nowadays we have technology and W8 Passats are very cheap in Japan 

FYI Those W8 Passats in Japan are in good condition(Auction grade 4/4.5,100,000km)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...