• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My story of an Audi A4 B5

fiat fan

On 4/4/2020 at 11:34 PM, Virenmg said:

That forum was 15 yrs ago nowadays we have technology and W8 Passats are very cheap in Japan 

FYI Those W8 Passats in Japan are in good condition(Auction grade 4/4.5,100,000km)

@Virenmg out of curiosity, when you say "we" who are you referring you?

Have you undertaken any drivetrain swaps lately per chance?

What are the inherent features of the W8 that you feel would lend itself to this project - other than of course the low purchase price which you made mention of?

• 9 months later...

Hope everyone’s doing well. 

I have posted few times about my dream of converting an Audi A4 B5 to a S4 B5.

As per my knowledge. We have ZERO “AUDI S AND RS” vehicles. No conversions either. Only a few RS badged regular A3’s and what not.

S4 variants are RARE and expensive in the European countries. US has a few, mostly auto and all of them riced. 

My plan is/was to buy one from the US and ship parts over. Obviously not all. Just the vitals and parts that can be used on a Right hand drive. Since I currently live in the US, I will be taking apart the car on my own and shipped personally.  Then those parts will be restored because I’m mad. 

I already have a A4 B5 in the country. Stripped and shy. Them restored S4 parts will go into the A4. It will be 100% stock minus the front bumper(which will get refitted with the RS4 bumper because its 1. Plug and play almost. 2 It looks way better).

Enough explanation noh? 😁

Behold the beauty. My 2001 Audi S4 B5. Not in the best of nicks(But cost close to a new iPhone, so I’m not complaining). Plus I will be redoing the parts anyway.

This will only be uploaded on Autolanka.No social media jargon and maxxa machan for me please. So you guys are the onlyfans(pun intended). So kind of an exclusive build to fellow petrol-heads. 

Ok ok here’s the pictures.

Ok one more sentence I promise! 

This will be a slow thread. Also painful to some as I’ll be slaving away a bunch of cash and time/effort for a car thats a “POS old petrol wada nathi Olympic car”

4F828488-87DB-4A0A-8B13-E9A0065A4A0F.jpeg

AD508D97-F15C-4056-80F8-4E6C49B5C30A.jpeg

5B83BAC1-F33E-4639-97E9-5C875E24CF71.jpeg

C3F19C9D-66C2-43F8-93FD-D55985E09D2D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is why I bought this car. That 2.7  TT V6 mated to a Quattro. Mmm yummy. 

The engine is left as is. Everything else on the exterior is in shambles.

Here’s the leak picture of the new “model” 😉

Smoother and tighter than most IG “influencers! (Ok no more lame puns).

E707CCDC-F64D-4CA2-9A4A-D4CE6B4F3DA0.jpeg

28 minutes ago, fiat fan said:

As per my knowledge. We have ZERO “AUDI S AND RS” vehicles. No conversions either. Only a few RS badged regular A3’s and what not.

S4 variants are RARE and expensive in the European countries. US has a few, mostly auto and all of them riced. 

My plan is/was to buy one from the US and ship parts over. Obviously not all. Just the vitals and parts that can be used on a Right hand drive. Since I currently live in the US, I will be taking apart the car on my own and shipped personally.  Then those parts will be restored because I’m mad. 

I already have a A4 B5 in the country. Stripped and shy. Them restored S4 parts will go into the A4. It will be 100% stock minus the front bumper(which will get refitted with the RS4 bumper because its 1. Plug and play almost. 2 It looks way better).

Behold the beauty. My 2001 Audi S4 B5. Not in the best of nicks(But cost close to a new iPhone, so I’m not complaining). Plus I will be redoing the parts anyway.

This will only be uploaded on Autolanka.No social media jargon and maxxa machan for me please. So you guys are the onlyfans(pun intended). So kind of an exclusive build to fellow petrol-heads. 

This will be a slow thread. Also painful to some as I’ll be slaving away a bunch of cash and time/effort for a car thats a “POS old petrol wada nathi Olympic car”

4F828488-87DB-4A0A-8B13-E9A0065A4A0F.jpeg

AD508D97-F15C-4056-80F8-4E6C49B5C30A.jpeg

5B83BAC1-F33E-4639-97E9-5C875E24CF71.jpeg

C3F19C9D-66C2-43F8-93FD-D55985E09D2D.jpeg

We still have a long way to go broski, this is just half the journey! 

Since you won't be posting in social media, I'll say it anyway:

"fatta mchn, maxxa maxxa, elama, kolity💥🔥🔥🔥

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fiat fan said:

This will be a slow thread. Also painful to some as I’ll be slaving away a bunch of cash and time/effort for a car thats a “POS old petrol wada nathi Olympic car"

Ooh nice! Following! 

Good luck with the conversion! 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AVANTE said:

We still have a long way to go broski, this is just half the journey! 

Since you won't be posting in social media, I'll say it anyway:

"fatta mchn, maxxa maxxa, elama, kolity💥🔥🔥🔥

“Mage ekah” thnks machoo 😅

12 hours ago, Davy said:

Ooh nice! Following! 

Good luck with the conversion! 

Thank you so much! 😊

You by friend, are a brave soul!  Great initiative.!

Would the driveline drop straight in to a FWD A4?  Especially the rear diff and axels? Pardon my ignorance but my understanding on Audi products from this era are quite vague. :D