• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota marino 1995,1996

dj92

It certainly was one of the more pleasant looking 90's Japanese sedans that made it's way here

Mechanically the same as the AE100 series Corolla's if i'm not mistaken

Should be reliable but keep in mind these are still 25 year old cars now

Body parts will be less common than a similar vintage Corolla or even Carina but they were decent cars to run AFAIK

1 hour ago, Devinda_Z said:

It certainly was one of the more pleasant looking 90's Japanese sedans that made it's way here

Mechanically the same as the AE100 series Corolla's if i'm not mistaken

Should be reliable but keep in mind these are still 25 year old cars now

Body parts will be less common than a similar vintage Corolla or even Carina but they were decent cars to run AFAIK

Noted.Thanks bro ?

Also, as they had the frame less doors, you have to keep an eye out for the beading/seal conditions. Maintenance would be the same as any 25 year old Toyota with a 1.3/1.5 engine (AE100, Carina, Starlet, etc.) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVANTE said:

Also, as they had the frame less doors, you have to keep an eye out for the beading/seal conditions. Maintenance would be the same as any 25 year old Toyota with a 1.3/1.5 engine (AE100, Carina, Starlet, etc.) 

Thank you very much

11 hours ago, dj92 said:

Hello guys, 

Im very new to site and planning to buy toyota marino 1995,1996 car as my first car. Pls adivce me about the model, faults. Your opinions highly appriciated.

I don't think much around???

about 15 years back i have seen a Corolla Ceres with Silver Top engine unsure where are they now.

regards,

JC

9 hours ago, AVANTE said:

The Ceres/Marino did not come with a 1.3L engine

The Ceres/Marino mechanically is the same as the E100 series Corolla. It came with a 5A-FE (AE100) 1.5L , 4A-FE and 4A-GE  1.6L (AE101) engines. The ones with the 4A-GE were the sporty variants. In Sri Lanka we have all three types (granted lesser of the 4A-GE variants). Most of the 4A-GE variants are silvertops (easily identifiable by the twin exhaust tips at the rear). The later facelift variants came with a blacktop with a 6MT but most of what we have here are silvertops with a 5MT.

Like the others have said, although mechanically you can find parts easily..the body parts are getting rather rare. Also, soe of these cars got in to the hands of ricers because of its slender sporty looks and they completely messed them up. Apart from that, it also is plagued with the usual Corolla curse...which is people who were quite thrifty in terms of maintenance got their hands on them because it is a Corolla and is very economical to run and robust. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, iRage said:

The Ceres/Marino did not come with a 1.3L engine

The Ceres/Marino mechanically is the same as the E100 series Corolla. It came with a 5A-FE (AE100) 1.5L , 4A-FE and 4A-GE  1.6L (AE101) engines. The ones with the 4A-GE were the sporty variants. In Sri Lanka we have all three types (granted lesser of the 4A-GE variants). Most of the 4A-GE variants are silvertops (easily identifiable by the twin exhaust tips at the rear). The later facelift variants came with a blacktop with a 6MT but most of what we have here are silvertops with a 5MT

No what I was saying was its easy to maintain as a '1.3L' because Included the starlet in the examples list. I'm aware that the ceres' here came with a 1.5 or 1.6. Should have worded that correctly?

Edited by AVANTE

4 hours ago, AVANTE said:

No what I was saying was its easy to maintain as a '1.3L' because Included the starlet in the examples list. I'm aware that the ceres' here came with a 1.5 or 1.6. Should have worded that correctly?

To be honest..I thought you had seen a 1.3L Ceres/Marino somewhere....it wouldn't surprise me if someone out there in SL decided to put a 1.3L in it :)