• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsbushi J24

Huzefa

Hi everyone, 

I was looking for a weekend car for a while and was recently offered a J24 4DR5 Turbo. I have read through the threads on AL but would appreciate a response on the following: 

1. Is this a generally reliable engine and gearbox? The book says original diesel, 4DR5. It wont be a daily runner but I'm not keen on spending days on days in the garage either.

2. This jeep has no doors, just the canopy fabric covering. Will doors be difficult to find?

3. This particular jeep has power steering. Any other upgrades that can be made to make the car safer/modern? Have a read a bit about a brake upgrade but would like more info. 

4. How is the spare parts availability? What parts are known to fail? Can cosmetic items like meters etc be found? Aftermarket options are fine. 

5. Any rust hot spots I should be on the lookout for? The jeep was made in 1977. 

Should I be aware of anything else before going for this? Would love some info on what its like owning one of these, an all round view on life with a J24. TIA

Edited by Huzefa