• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

_TiKkA_

Question

Hi everyone, My dad owned a KIA sportage 2006, but he passed away recently and now the vehicle was passed down to me. the vehicle was always part of the family and dad took very good care of it.  recently I saw drops of oil at the bottom of the engine bay and I took it to a nearby garage. the man said its seems there is a leak from the gasket covers. I replaced all the gasket cover lining (I hope I am using the correct term). and the O rings on the top cover of the engine cover and the plugs. (apologies for not knowing the exact terms of the parts). Unfortunately, the oil leak did not stop.

I live in Kohuwala, and I am so badly searching for a GOOD GARAGE, MECHANIC, or someone trustworthy who could help with this. taking it to KIA company is way too expensive for me. :( 

Kindly help me solve this issue. I dont want to be a son to a dad who couldnt take care of his father's precious vehicle.

8 answers to this question

On 3/20/2020 at 1:56 PM, Twin Turbo said:

Hi and welcome to AL,..

My sympathy for your loss ,..

You may have a blocked pcv causing excessive crank case pressure resulting in the leaks

TT.

Thank u so much for your message, I will try and explain that to the garage man once i find one.... :) my knowledge in engine parts are really bad.. but I shall look into it ... thanks again

On 3/24/2020 at 11:51 AM, PerfMad said:

check whether oil is dripping from oil sump. it could be the sump oil seal which has worn out.

Thank you sooo much, I will have a look at it...

Any idea of a good GARAGE... in around colombo?

25 minutes ago, _TiKkA_ said:

Thank you sooo much, I will have a look at it...

Any idea of a good GARAGE... in around colombo?

Sorry mate can't recommend any since you never know who is genuine and who isn't. 

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 1:02 PM, _TiKkA_ said:

Hi everyone, My dad owned a KIA sportage 2006, but he passed away recently and now the vehicle was passed down to me. the vehicle was always part of the family and dad took very good care of it.  recently I saw drops of oil at the bottom of the engine bay and I took it to a nearby garage. the man said its seems there is a leak from the gasket covers. I replaced all the gasket cover lining (I hope I am using the correct term). and the O rings on the top cover of the engine cover and the plugs. (apologies for not knowing the exact terms of the parts). Unfortunately, the oil leak did not stop.

I live in Kohuwala, and I am so badly searching for a GOOD GARAGE, MECHANIC, or someone trustworthy who could help with this. taking it to KIA company is way too expensive for me. :(

Kindly help me solve this issue. I dont want to be a son to a dad who couldnt take care of his father's precious vehicle.

My mechanic is Ruwan who owns and runs 'Hapuarachchi Motor Garage (Ruwan Garage)' on Old Nawala road. Its tagged as mentioned on Google maps, so finding it won't be tough. I'd whole heartedly recommend him as a genuine, no nonsense and down to earth guy whose charges are very minimal and fair. Only downside is that he works alone and doesn't have full time golayas and has excess demand which is above his capacity. The demand is due to his genuine qualities and exceptional mechanical skills. You could take your vehicle to him once this curfews end and things calm down, for a free and honest diagnosis. He can give you a rough idea on the cost involved as well. Parts' prices may differ depending on a variety of factors but I can assure that he wont rip you off. Just be a bit patient incase he is overloaded and cannot accommodate your vehicle right away. He'd usually tell you when you can bring it in for repairs, if he cannot take it in that day itself. One major down side of him working alone is that he is not able to attend to all the calls to his mobile :) 

30 minutes ago, SanjeevMahen said:

My mechanic is Ruwan who owns and runs 'Hapuarachchi Motor Garage (Ruwan Garage)' on Old Nawala road. Its tagged as mentioned on Google maps, so finding it won't be tough. I'd whole heartedly recommend him as a genuine, no nonsense and down to earth guy whose charges are very minimal and fair. Only downside is that he works alone and doesn't have full time golayas and has excess demand which is above his capacity. The demand is due to his genuine qualities and exceptional mechanical skills. You could take your vehicle to him once this curfews end and things calm down, for a free and honest diagnosis. He can give you a rough idea on the cost involved as well. Parts' prices may differ depending on a variety of factors but I can assure that he wont rip you off. Just be a bit patient incase he is overloaded and cannot accommodate your vehicle right away. He'd usually tell you when you can bring it in for repairs, if he cannot take it in that day itself. One major down side of him working alone is that he is not able to attend to all the calls to his mobile :) 

I second it. I also live close by so have gone to him for couple of small repairs. However, patience is something you should have cz he is always overloaded. Since mine were smaller once i stayed and got those done within couple of hours. If not i can give you a contact no who does only kia repairs (which my brother-in-law goes to ) for his sorento related repairs. He never goes to anyone else. This mechanic seems to have all the stuff with him as well.

If you have an Engine Oil leak these are the victims,

1) Oil leak from Oil pan. rectification can be done yourself.

2) Oil leak from Crank shaft Oil seal. There are two oil seals. LHS and RHS. Thease are hard to replace. LHS replacement require transmission removal.

3) Oil leak from camshaft Oil seal. This is at head. Oil leaking out from this will pour along the engine and drops from engine bottom.

4) Oil leak from Oil filter. Check oil filter if properly fitted. rectification can be done yourself.

If you have Transmission Oil leak, please let me know then...