Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Question

Hi everyone, My dad owned a KIA sportage 2006, but he passed away recently and now the vehicle was passed down to me. the vehicle was always part of the family and dad took very good care of it.  recently I saw drops of oil at the bottom of the engine bay and I took it to a nearby garage. the man said its seems there is a leak from the gasket covers. I replaced all the gasket cover lining (I hope I am using the correct term). and the O rings on the top cover of the engine cover and the plugs. (apologies for not knowing the exact terms of the parts). Unfortunately, the oil leak did not stop.

I live in Kohuwala, and I am so badly searching for a GOOD GARAGE, MECHANIC, or someone trustworthy who could help with this. taking it to KIA company is way too expensive for me. :( 

Kindly help me solve this issue. I dont want to be a son to a dad who couldnt take care of his father's precious vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
Posted (edited)

Hi and welcome to AL,..

My sympathy for your loss ,..

You may have a blocked pcv causing excessive crank case pressure resulting in the leaks

 

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

check whether oil is dripping from oil sump. it could be the sump oil seal which has worn out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 3/20/2020 at 1:56 PM, Twin Turbo said:

Hi and welcome to AL,..

My sympathy for your loss ,..

You may have a blocked pcv causing excessive crank case pressure resulting in the leaks

 

TT.

Thank u so much for your message, I will try and explain that to the garage man once i find one.... :) my knowledge in engine parts are really bad.. but I shall look into it ... thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 3/24/2020 at 11:51 AM, PerfMad said:

check whether oil is dripping from oil sump. it could be the sump oil seal which has worn out.

Thank you sooo much, I will have a look at it...

 

Any idea of a good GARAGE... in around colombo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
25 minutes ago, _TiKkA_ said:

Thank you sooo much, I will have a look at it...

 

Any idea of a good GARAGE... in around colombo?

Sorry mate can't recommend any since you never know who is genuine and who isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 1:02 PM, _TiKkA_ said:

Hi everyone, My dad owned a KIA sportage 2006, but he passed away recently and now the vehicle was passed down to me. the vehicle was always part of the family and dad took very good care of it.  recently I saw drops of oil at the bottom of the engine bay and I took it to a nearby garage. the man said its seems there is a leak from the gasket covers. I replaced all the gasket cover lining (I hope I am using the correct term). and the O rings on the top cover of the engine cover and the plugs. (apologies for not knowing the exact terms of the parts). Unfortunately, the oil leak did not stop.

I live in Kohuwala, and I am so badly searching for a GOOD GARAGE, MECHANIC, or someone trustworthy who could help with this. taking it to KIA company is way too expensive for me. :(

Kindly help me solve this issue. I dont want to be a son to a dad who couldnt take care of his father's precious vehicle.

My mechanic is Ruwan who owns and runs 'Hapuarachchi Motor Garage (Ruwan Garage)' on Old Nawala road. Its tagged as mentioned on Google maps, so finding it won't be tough. I'd whole heartedly recommend him as a genuine, no nonsense and down to earth guy whose charges are very minimal and fair. Only downside is that he works alone and doesn't have full time golayas and has excess demand which is above his capacity. The demand is due to his genuine qualities and exceptional mechanical skills. You could take your vehicle to him once this curfews end and things calm down, for a free and honest diagnosis. He can give you a rough idea on the cost involved as well. Parts' prices may differ depending on a variety of factors but I can assure that he wont rip you off. Just be a bit patient incase he is overloaded and cannot accommodate your vehicle right away. He'd usually tell you when you can bring it in for repairs, if he cannot take it in that day itself. One major down side of him working alone is that he is not able to attend to all the calls to his mobile :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
30 minutes ago, SanjeevMahen said:

My mechanic is Ruwan who owns and runs 'Hapuarachchi Motor Garage (Ruwan Garage)' on Old Nawala road. Its tagged as mentioned on Google maps, so finding it won't be tough. I'd whole heartedly recommend him as a genuine, no nonsense and down to earth guy whose charges are very minimal and fair. Only downside is that he works alone and doesn't have full time golayas and has excess demand which is above his capacity. The demand is due to his genuine qualities and exceptional mechanical skills. You could take your vehicle to him once this curfews end and things calm down, for a free and honest diagnosis. He can give you a rough idea on the cost involved as well. Parts' prices may differ depending on a variety of factors but I can assure that he wont rip you off. Just be a bit patient incase he is overloaded and cannot accommodate your vehicle right away. He'd usually tell you when you can bring it in for repairs, if he cannot take it in that day itself. One major down side of him working alone is that he is not able to attend to all the calls to his mobile :) 

I second it. I also live close by so have gone to him for couple of small repairs. However, patience is something you should have cz he is always overloaded. Since mine were smaller once i stayed and got those done within couple of hours. If not i can give you a contact no who does only kia repairs (which my brother-in-law goes to ) for his sorento related repairs. He never goes to anyone else. This mechanic seems to have all the stuff with him as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...