• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine tapping sound can't recognize

Ted

Question

Dear Fellas,

I bought a reconditioned engine with a mileage of 60000 km assured. With careful inspection the engine was in very good condition. But when I replaced my old engine, with this reconditioned one, tapping noise comes. This sound comes from left side of the engine. Checked following and confirmed OKAY. I

1) Valve clearance.

2)Timing belt.

3) bearing caps of crank shaft.

What is this noise? Any expert can give the correct answer ?

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Ted said:

bought a reconditioned engine with a mileage of 60000 km assured. With careful inspection the engine was in very good condition. But when I replaced my old engine, with this reconditioned one, tapping noise comes. This sound comes from left side of the engine. Checked following and confirmed OKAY.

Didn't your AE100 have a starting problem too? What happened after that?

Can you put up a video showing the sound? 

Edited by AVANTE

2 minutes ago, AVANTE said:

Didn't your AE100 have a starting problem too? What happened after that?

Can you put up a video showing the sound? 

My friend that was a long story. I rather have a Carina AT 192. This tapping engine is my third engine. First engine was my old one. Second engine was the starting problem you are referring which the maka bass had left the timing belt without proper tension which made three valves bent and the engine totally destroyed. This tapping is my third. What to do.. life is like that for some ppl...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ted said:

My friend that was a long story. I rather have a Carina AT 192. This tapping engine is my third engine. First engine was my old one. Second engine was the starting problem you are referring which the maka bass had left the timing belt without proper tension which made three valves bent and the engine totally destroyed. This tapping is my third. What to do.. life is like that for some ppl...

I actually felt sad reading that. I'm sorry. 

I hate it when we have to pay for the Maka bass mistakes. Didn't he even bother to apologize or compensate? Also how did it destroy the engine? Did it take a toll on the head and block? 

Who installed the new engine, not the same baas right? 

4 hours ago, Ted said:

@Tedsorry to hear of your misfortune but this is kind of why sometimes it is worth paying a premium to a qualified professional technician to get an important job done rather than working with some random inexperienced careless mechanic.

When things go wrong you realise the folly and false economy