• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

vehicle stalling

Chrsity

Question

I have an alto 2015 Indian model. Its check engine light is on. The problem I face is, after ignition is on, with much difficulty I have to accelerate. On the first gear very difficult to move. When I  release the clutch the engine tries to shut down. With constant accelerations I am able to move the vehicle slowly.

I took it to a mechanic he said it was with the oxygen sensor by scanning the vehicle. Further he said I have to change the clutchjplate  , clutch bearing and pressure plate. I did change the pressure plate ,clutch plate and bearing with the new one and the oxygen sensor with a recondition one. But the problem still exists.

Please advice me to resolve the problem

thanks and regards

Christy

1 answer to this question

Hi Christy, welcome to the forum.

You did the right thing by running a scan before determining the issue. Do you still have the Check Engine light on after the repair? If yes, there is still an issue that the ECU is detecting and preventing your car from idling and accelerating. 

If the Check Engine light does not indicate anymore, then it could be due to the ECU not being reset after the new Oxygen sensor was installed. You'll have to keep the battery disconnected for a while to allow it to reset. 

If that also doesn't solve it, get your ignition system checked out.

• Like 1