• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki swift 2008

Randeewa

Question

My brother recently brought Suzuki Swift 2008 (DBA-ZC71S. 1300CC) and there are some things to clarify.

1. When AC on the radiator fan noise is noticeably very very high is  this normal of this model?

2. Engine heat is very very high more than other similar capacity cars (But heat gauge needle is in the center always). I used to own a Chevrolet Cruze and engine is M13A which also on Swift beetle older models never heat this much. (DBA-ZC71S has different engine and i need to clarify is this normal for this model? After 1/2 hour drive cannot even touch the bonnet stand.

Fuel consumption is 6 to 8 without heavy traffic.

I feel that there is some issue on cooling fan or engine cooling system. Any expert or Swift owners please reply me.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Not sure if the excessive cooling fan noise is normal, but they emit quite a bit of noise at high speed. It can get worse if the sound absorption material under the bonnet, or if the plastic engine undertrays are missing. 

As for #2, if the temperature gauge is showing normal, then you don't have to worry about it. You can't really tell that an engine is too hot simply by "feeling" the temperature.

Since it's a second hand car that's over 10 years old, I suggest doing some preventive maintenance like changing all fluids, getting a fuel system clean-up (tune up) done. Especially if there's no verified maintenance history.

• Thanks 1

Like Davy said, do preventive maintenance! 

Our swift has this same problem where it heats up alot yet the needle stays in the center. Be careful on long drives, as it's a small engine give it a 5-10 minute rest every 1 and half hour on long trips. I think it's a common issue with the swift. But do get your radiator cleaned, change the cap and check the thermostat. Trust me, it's cheap and gives alot of peace of mind. I lost a gasket after having a radiator block, faulty cap and trusting that stupid temp. gauge. 

Do a fuel system tune up and check your driving manners. But still, auto Swifts and marches are the worst offenders for fuel consuming hatchbacks. I don't think you can get more than 12kmpl. We bought a manual to avoid that problem (does an average of 13-15 outstation)

Also, you can hear the fan noise from inside too when idling, but haven't heard during driving. Hope yours isn't that loud. 

Edited by AVANTE
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Like Davy said, do preventive maintenance! 

Our swift has this same problem where it heats up alot yet the needle stays in the center. Be careful on long drives, as it's a small engine give it a 5-10 minute rest every 1 and half hour on long trips. I think it's a common issue with the swift. But do get your radiator cleaned, change the cap and check the thermostat. Trust me, it's cheap and gives alot of peace of mind. I lost a gasket after having a radiator block, faulty cap and trusting that stupid temp. gauge. 

Do a fuel system tune up and check your driving manners. But still, auto Swifts and marches are the worst offenders for fuel consuming hatchbacks. I don't think you can get more than 12kmpl. We bought a manual to avoid that problem (does an average of 13-15 outstation)

Also, you can hear the fan noise from inside too when idling, but haven't heard during driving. Hope yours isn't that loud. 

Thanks AVANTE

That's what i needed and what i presumed. I would do same. Thanks

9 hours ago, Davy said:

Not sure if the excessive cooling fan noise is normal, but they emit quite a bit of noise at high speed. It can get worse if the sound absorption material under the bonnet, or if the plastic engine undertrays are missing. 

As for #2, if the temperature gauge is showing normal, then you don't have to worry about it. You can't really tell that an engine is too hot simply by "feeling" the temperature.

Since it's a second hand car that's over 10 years old, I suggest doing some preventive maintenance like changing all fluids, getting a fuel system clean-up (tune up) done. Especially if there's no verified maintenance history.

Thanks Davy