• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Verada Engine Swap

Virenmg

I came across a 2000 Mitsubishi Verada(Blue) with a 3.5L Petrol V6 for just 1.3milllion.But the thing is the 3.5L engine is just scary to hear(fuel consumption and reliability). And I got an idea for an engine swap. 

The 1G-FE(2.0L Petrol) engine which came in the mark II and it is quite cheap too. The engine with an automatic transmission with 150,000km can be bought for Rs.160,000.

Any thought or advice??

Thanks in advance.

Would be an interesting project. Considering the magna looks classy and has some nice features. Also, it's not an unreliable engine I believe. This engine is shared with other mitsubishis too (correct me if I'm wrong) 

Use the engine for a while until it blows up. After that do the swap.. But I'm not sure how our in-house mitsubishi loyalists would react to your sacrilegious idea. But I think you are better off buying an actual JZX90 Mark II which looks cooler and is easier to sell too. Plus, none of the extra swap costs or headache.

I was told the manual JZX90s are rising in demand due to Tourer V swaps going on in the country these days. 

Just buy a Mark II/Chaser/Cresta for that price and leave the Verada alone. Doing an engine swap from a different car (a different brand nevertheless) is just going to spoil the Verada.

The 2L engine is going to be too small for that huge car. Also...doing a proper clean installation is going to be expensive. So stay away from the Verada....

If fuel efficiency is a concern for you then a Verada is not for you....seriously do look in to a Mark II or something...it has the same bells and whistles with a little less luxury and flash.

A Verada will only attract enthusiasts..who will just walk away because of the wierd swap (they would appreciate a good 1/2JZ swap..but nothing else). Then the average car buyer would rather buy a diesel swap rather than what you are looking for. So..save the Verada...walk away from it.

If you really want to do a proper swap...look in to Mitsubishi options, especially those that might be turbo charged. But seriously...just buy a Mark II or something..

38 minutes ago, iRage said:

Just buy a Mark II/Chaser/Cresta for that price and leave the Verada alone. Doing an engine swap from a different car (a different brand nevertheless) is just going to spoil the Verada.

The 2L engine is going to be too small for that huge car. Also...doing a proper clean installation is going to be expensive. So stay away from the Verada....

If fuel efficiency is a concern for you then a Verada is not for you....seriously do look in to a Mark II or something...it has the same bells and whistles with a little less luxury and flash.

A Verada will only attract enthusiasts..who will just walk away because of the wierd swap (they would appreciate a good 1/2JZ swap..but nothing else). Then the average car buyer would rather buy a diesel swap rather than what you are looking for. So..save the Verada...walk away from it.

If you really want to do a proper swap...look in to Mitsubishi options, especially those that might be turbo charged. But seriously...just buy a Mark II or something..

Exactly my thoughts.. it just doesn’t make any sense to  swap the engine of a perfect car just because the it comes cheap.

Best to leave it to someone who will buy it as it is and settle for a Mark II or a Crown.

Ive seen a blue Verada for sale few months back which looked to be in great condition. If that is the car OP is referring, it’s just blasphemous to mess it up like that.. 

18 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Would be an interesting project. Considering the magna looks classy and has some nice features. Also, it's not an unreliable engine I believe. This engine is shared with other mitsubishis too (correct me if I'm wrong) 

Use the engine for a while until it blows up. After that do the swap.. But I'm not sure how our in-house mitsubishi loyalists would react to your sacrilegious idea. But I think you are better off buying an actual JZX90 Mark II which looks cooler and is easier to sell too. Plus, none of the extra swap costs or headache.

I was told the manual JZX90s are rising in demand due to Tourer V swaps going on in the country these days. 

Yah maybe I should go to a few auctions and buy and abused mark II JZX100 for very cheap and do a 1JZ-GTE Swap.

4 hours ago, Virenmg said:

Yah maybe I should go to a few auctions and buy and abused mark II JZX100 for very cheap and do a 1JZ-GTE Swap.

@Virenmg i hope you aren't getting caught up in this current fad of 90's Japanese "restomods"

Everyone has very conveniently forgotten the documentation work that needs to go in to these engine swaps if done by the book.

Very often people are seen throwing about "1JZ-GTE" to try to validate their JDM chops but actually sticking an engine that wasn't meant to be in one car just because it is purposed to be a fancy "motor" with "street cred" is much easier said than done.

15 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@Virenmg i hope you aren't getting caught up in this current fad of 90's Japanese "restomods"

Everyone has very conveniently forgotten the documentation work that needs to go in to these engine swaps if done by the book.

Very often people are seen throwing about "1JZ-GTE" to try to validate their JDM chops but actually sticking an engine that wasn't meant to be in one car just because it is purposed to be a fancy "motor" with "street cred" is much easier said than done.

Hold on,The mark II also came with the 1JZ-GTE with 6sp manual transmission as the Tourer V trim in Japan.