• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

HID head light flicker

cessna1525

Question

Hi guys 

This is my first post. 

I have a 2001 Nissan Skyline V35. Its having an annoying HID light flicker and goes dead after a few minutes. Changed both HID bulbs several times. It happens in both LH and RH randomly. Any ideas how to solves this?.  Could it be the ballast. I saw hooking up a resistor could solve the issue. Anyone has any experience on this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Even though its not relevant here. Id like to ask. Does anyone know where to buy spare parts for these.wheel bearing and stuff. 

8 hours ago, Jo123 said:

Hi fellas

on the look out for skyline v35 . Any heads up prior to buying ?

seems like sourcing mechanical parts seems to be bit hard is it ?

saw one HK3000 plates on it any info about it ?

Hey. There are plenty of places to buy parts. I bought most of the parts from Amayama.com  fast and easy. But due to this covid situation its hard to acquire anything at the moment

2 hours ago, Jo123 said:

Thanks buddy. Anything Issues that I should look for on the model ?

and are there any suggestions on local suppliers of parts. I saw someone mentioning pioneer motors panchikawatta

There's nothing much to do other than regular maintenance. Check spark plugs and coils. What's the odometer value. These V35 engines are very realible if you treat them right.

What's the model? 250GT? and YOM?

Depending on the YOM. it can be direct injection or port injection. There's a tendency to carbon built up in DI. if the car has done almost 100k. You may have to clean valve  body and intake. 

About parts. Nothing to worry. The site i mentioned even carry body parts. Even little knobs in interior. Also there are plenty of parts in japan. If you know how to get it here. 

2 hours ago, Jo123 said:

and are there any suggestions on local suppliers of parts. I saw someone mentioning pioneer motors panchikawatta

Also check underbody as the car is pretty low to the ground there might be damages. Also check battery bay. Theres a tendency to rain water to stuck inside there and it can leak into the fuse box.

On 8/27/2020 at 7:47 AM, Jo123 said:

I saw th car you're talking about. Looks pretty good. It's a blue one right