• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

HID head light flicker

cessna1525

Question

Hi guys 

This is my first post. 

I have a 2001 Nissan Skyline V35. Its having an annoying HID light flicker and goes dead after a few minutes. Changed both HID bulbs several times. It happens in both LH and RH randomly. Any ideas how to solves this?.  Could it be the ballast. I saw hooking up a resistor could solve the issue. Anyone has any experience on this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Even though its not relevant here. Id like to ask. Does anyone know where to buy spare parts for these.wheel bearing and stuff. 

1 minute ago, AVANTE said:

Could be the ballast. Also, did you try panchikawatte? Take a sample with you, there might be some models with shared parts. Spare parts are a bit hard to come by for the V35 isn't it? 

Thank you for the quick reply

Yes. I'm having a hard time finding some parts i need. Found that nissan Teana shares some electrical parts. Other than that no luck with any body or suspension parts. Guess different measurements. 

And there are not much going on forums about v35s either. Found some few old posts here  and that's all. 

Like to get to know other owners of v35s.

45 minutes ago, cessna1525 said:

Thank you for the quick reply

Yes. I'm having a hard time finding some parts i need. Found that nissan Teana shares some electrical parts. Other than that no luck with any body or suspension parts. Guess different measurements. 

And there are not much going on forums about v35s either. Found some few old posts here  and that's all. 

Like to get to know other owners of v35s.

As far as I know, we don't have any current V35 owners here. Do have a Mark X owner though. Most of the parts have to be sourced from abroad, you could try the middle east too because there are lots of Nissan Altimas and Infiniti G35/G37s running there. Try checking out on FB too. 

Edited by AVANTE
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cessna1525 said:

Hi guys 

This is my first post. 

I have a 2001 Nissan Skyline V35. Its having an annoying HID light flicker and goes dead after a few minutes. Changed both HID bulbs several times. It happens in both LH and RH randomly. Any ideas how to solves this?.  Could it be the ballast. I saw hooking up a resistor could solve the issue. Anyone has any experience on this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Even though its not relevant here. Id like to ask. Does anyone know where to buy spare parts for these.wheel bearing and stuff. 

Welcome to the forum. I owned a v35 many years ago and I always managed to find suspension parts at pioneer motors at panchikawatte. But I have no idea if they are still available though. 

How is the car treating you? That V6 must be terrific to drive on expressways. It always managed to put a smile on my face. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RWD said:

Welcome to the forum. I owned a v35 many years ago and I always managed to find suspension parts at pioneer motors at panchikawatte. But I have no idea if they are still available though. 

How is the car treating you? That V6 must be terrific to drive on expressways. It always managed to put a smile on my face. 

Exactly. Always a smile on my face too . I have a 300GT one.  Just exceeded 100k. So trying to do some periodic maintenance including a full suspension rebuild. All bushings have worn out. 

6 hours ago, cessna1525 said:

Exactly. Always a smile on my face too . I have a 300GT one.  Just exceeded 100k. So trying to do some periodic maintenance including a full suspension rebuild. All bushings have worn out. 

Is it the blue one? Think there were only 2 300 gt's that made it to the country. Another option for you would be to leave the car at a good garage like auto force that would help source the parts for you but it may take some time. I did the full suspension rebuild there. Please post a few pics of your car when time permits. 

17 minutes ago, RWD said:

Is it the blue one? Think there were only 2 300 gt's that made it to the country. Another option for you would be to leave the car at a good garage like auto force that would help source the parts for you but it may take some time. I did the full suspension rebuild there. Please post a few pics of your car when time permits. 

No brother. It's a silver one. With black interior. Also has few rare options under it   including adaptive cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Really? Just 2 300s? Or do you mean only 2 350GTs? I think I have seen more than two though.

Perhaps there were more. But a few were lost in major crashes in the early stages of ownership as drivers got carried away with the skyline badge and thaught they were Paul Walker rather than treating the car like a lexus style comfy cruiser. Not sure about 350GT's though I vaguely recall a V36 350Gt at a car sale opposite odel kohuwala many years ago. 

1 minute ago, RWD said:

Perhaps there were more. But a few were lost in major crashes in the early stages of ownership as drivers got carried away with the skyline badge and thaught they were Paul Walker rather than treating the car like a lexus style comfy cruiser. Not sure about 350GT's though I vaguely recall a V36 350Gt at a car sale opposite odel kohuwala many years ago. 

LOL. R. I. P those ricer boys. Also, two R32 or R33 (I'm not sure which one) were lost too right? Wanna know the story on those.

Anyways, There are 2 V35 Skyline coupes too right? A red and a blue. 

Yes. I saw that too. One was owned by a executive in A*W.. i think it totaled after hitting a tree or something.that Red coupe was restored by Dr Kelum. I think he has restored few v35s. Now there's a orange V36 for sale for around 46k. I think it has replaced tranny. 

Edited by cessna1525

26 minutes ago, cessna1525 said:

Yes. I saw that too. One was owned by a executive in A*W.. i think it totaled after hitting a tree or something.that Red coupe was restored by Dr Kelum. I think he has restored few v35s. Now there's a orange V36 for sale for around 46k. I think it has replaced tranny. 

Dr. Kelum is the guy for Cedric, mark IIs and other 6 cylinder machines it seems.

Also, I once thought that Srilankan drivers who had big expensive cars were careful with them. Seems to me I'm 101% wrong. 

Also that red coupe has an ugly racing wheel in place of the standard airbag wheel for whatever reason. Also, did you get close to finding the parts? 

Edited by AVANTE

2 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Dr. Kelum is the guy for Cedric, mark IIs and other 6 cylinder machines it seems.

Also, I once thought that Srilankan drivers who had big expensive cars were careful with them. Seems to me I'm 101% wrong. 

Also that red coupe has an ugly racing wheel in place of the standard airbag wheel for whatever reason. Also, did you get close to finding the parts? 

Yes. I messaged one guy from the groups you have given me. Said he has parts for v35. Will be going there. 

Also any good electrical repair place in Colombo to diagnose my HID issue?

How about this steering wheel. I was looking at this one. 

3a3eec4d2d266f4b66545417de1298aa.jpg

53 minutes ago, cessna1525 said:

Yes. I messaged one guy from the groups you have given me. Said he has parts for v35. Will be going there. 

That's an Alcantara wheel. A thing of beauty really. Is that from your car? 

1 hour ago, cessna1525 said:

Lovely steering and certainly better than the dated looking stock one. But try to replace the infinity badge with Nissan to keep things consistent. 

Tissa electricals on Darley Road used to maintain my v35. Used to have constant issues with power windows failing which was an inherent problem with that generation. Contrary to the other crooks in that area its an enclosed garage that had a very helpful bunch of electricians  but then again it was a long time ago. 

Edited by RWD

35 minutes ago, cessna1525 said:

No no. Not mine ?.  Its from left hand drive infiniti g35. I was actually looking at that.and a Nismo bumper. Kind of looking for this look. 

Hl_Gr_Fn.jpg

Whatever modification parts you want, you have to order from abroad sadly. I say, a nice set of wheels, clean spoiler, smoke tint, that nismo bumper. Do post pics of your car if possible. 

5 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Whatever modification parts you want, you have to order from abroad sadly. I say, a nice set of wheels, clean spoiler, smoke tint, that nismo bumper. Do post pics of your car if possible. 

That's true. Actually i ordered some parts like that. There are several sites.

This is mine

Edited by cessna1525
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cessna1525 said:

That's true. Actually i ordered some parts like that. There are several sites.

This is mine

20190730_181228~2.jpg

Is this the same car that had a wing sometime back? Nice looking thing bro. You might as well leave her the way she is. Those rims are on spot. Maybe color the calipers yellow or red. Put a nice boot spoiler, some projector/angel eyes and a few interior gadgets and touches would be enough. Focus on making her mechanically sound like a full service and a better exhaust. 

3 minutes ago, AVANTE said:

Is this the same car that had a wing sometime back? Nice looking thing bro. You might as well leave her the way she is. Those rims are on spot. Maybe color the calipers yellow or red. Put a nice boot spoiler, some projector/angel eyes and a few interior gadgets and touches would be enough. Focus on making her mechanically sound like a full service and a better exhaust. 

Yes. You're correct. That's the one. Removed all those ricer parts and put an original boot with spoiler.now she looks like this. Don't have my own pic though.

Btw about that angel eye Head light. Do you Know any place where modify head lights like that. 

Screenshot_2019-02-18-15-30-35-1.png

8 hours ago, cessna1525 said:

Yes. You're correct. That's the one. Removed all those ricer parts and put an original boot with spoiler.now she looks like this. Don't have my own pic though.

Btw about that angel eye Head light. Do you Know any place where modify head lights like that. 

Screenshot_2019-02-18-15-30-35-1.png

There are alot of places that would do it for you although I'm not specifically knowledgeable in the Colombo area. Let's wait until another member gives a hint. 

22 hours ago, cessna1525 said:

De-ricing a car! Now that's something I'd like to hear (and maybe have a go at one day...)

Btw  @cessna1525 I can't see the pic of your car. Is it an issue on my end?

Hi fellas

on the look out for skyline v35 . Any heads up prior to buying ?

seems like sourcing mechanical parts seems to be bit hard is it ?

saw one HK3000 plates on it any info about it ?

Edited by Jo123
Number
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, john cooper said:

Is the HID ballast sits separately from the headlight or attached to the back of the light as my Forester XT?

IF ballast sits outside, you could give a go with aftermarket kit.

regards,

JC

It's a separate unit. But attached to back of the light.