• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

VIN Number in Toyota CHR

mikey

Question

8 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, mikey said:

Hello everyone,

Could someone please tell me, where could I find VIN number of Toyota CHR? I looked at usual places like Door jamb, near windscreen.. Etc. But no luck. 

If It’s a JDM import there will be no VIN. Only export models will have a VIN (Aussie, UK, Or Brand new imports by agents).

2 hours ago, Ruslan said:

If It’s a JDM import there will be no VIN. Only export models will have a VIN (Aussie, UK, Or Brand new imports by agents).

Then how do I find the details of my car if it's JDM? By using chassis no? 

Well....you can take the Chassis number and then get information from Toyota about what the manufacturer's original spec and what additions were put on by the Toyota dealer in Japan. But since we are in Japan...this does not help you.

Then there is the Model Code, which is like a lettered code which will tell you what your vehicle base config/type is (grade, transmission type, drive system, etc...).

If you want to find out where the car was manufacturerd, original color, etc...then it is all coded in the vehicle ID plate.

What information do you want to find out ?

3 hours ago, iRage said:

Well....you can take the Chassis number and then get information from Toyota about what the manufacturer's original spec and what additions were put on by the Toyota dealer in Japan. But since we are in Japan...this does not help you.

Then there is the Model Code, which is like a lettered code which will tell you what your vehicle base config/type is (grade, transmission type, drive system, etc...).

If you want to find out where the car was manufacturerd, original color, etc...then it is all coded in the vehicle ID plate.

What information do you want to find out ?

I wish to know production month and where it was manufactured... Etc. And also additions put on by Toyota dealer. 

What is the definition of month of manufacture ? For all intent and purposes the Year of Manufacturer is considered to be the year of first registration. Because a brand new car can be manufactured and then transfer to dealers, storage, etc...can take time. That can be discovered from vehicle de-registration forms. There are sites that you can pay and get the service from...but to be honest the it is not worth it if you just find out what you want. The plant ID is located on the ID plate and using that code you can see where it was assembled. Using the code see where the plant is. Also, the ID plate would say Toyota Japan or Thailand or Indonesia or where ever. Why do you want to know where it was manufactured ? Does not mean anything....do not fall for the whole "Made in Japan" bullshit. No cars are built in Japan. They are assembled in Japan using parts from all over the planet and the build quality will be as same as CHR made in any other country (tiv made a good observation in another thread...99% of our so called "Made in Japan" hunters would have no idea if a Prado they are staring at and have been using for 5 years is assembled in India or in Japan).

You are NOT going to find out what the dealer options installed were short of finding the invoice and final build sheet of the dealership. Even the manufacturer's build sheet will not have them. As for the manufacturers build sheet....the above mentioned services can find htem out for you.

But seriously..you are just wasting your time looking for things that do not really matter.

Look at the model code...it will be something like NGX50-AXNEK <this is just a random code I made up to show the format>. Based on that you can find out what the vehicle's grade is <based on that you can make sure you pay actual market value for the grade and not some fancy gold badge the local guys put on>. Look at a catalog and see what accessories it is supposed to have as standard and what the manufacturer offered as manufacturer options. You can also see what Toyota Japan offered as original dealer accessories. Then see if those are there in the car. If it has the base accessories..then everything is fine. Anything extra that it has...consider it as extra trimmings and then decide whether the extra price the car salesman is asking for it is worth it for you. 

Spend more time and money trying to figure out if the vehicle is honest by taking it for an inspection instead....check for tampering, crash repairs, etc...

• Thanks 1