• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Consumption Comparison

VWvortex

MAZDA 323 1.3Auto

Below 2000rpm city - 9kmpl out - 12kmpl

Above 2000rpm city - 7-8kmpl out 10kmpl

STARLET GT

Below 2000rpm city - 13kmpl out - 17kmpl

Above 2000rpm city - 9-10kmpl out - 14kmpl(mostly over 3500rpm)

Mitsu 1500cc 4g15

565km highway trip average engine speed 65km/h@2200 rpm, 14.52km per liter (Some areas with good roads I hit 16km/l)

note: AC on, 2 passengers, 1 back seat driver ;)

Edited by Saturn

:lol: keeps with the global trend eh

Yup, I've been practicing a bit - though its quite hard in SL

some of those techniques can kill you here :o

Personally I had some major fun with pulse and glide driving (but was too scared to swtich off the engine haha)*

http://metrompg.com/posts/pulse-and-glide.htm (for more on pulse and glide)

I can confirm that stuff works and incredibly so but I don't advocate turning off the engine entirely here in SL

Ultimately, driving style makes huge differences on fuel economy,

Not only did p&g save some fuel but it really puzzled my family members and confused the hell out of people behind me!

Edited by Saturn

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Exact Fuel consumption of my subaru with 1Bar boost

Outstation - 7.5 to 8 (With AC and Fast Driving) (3 people in the car with Driver)

City - 6.5 to 7 (With AC, Fast and Average Driving) (2 people in the car with Driver)

Edited by GihanFX

Vehical city area (km/l) outstations (km/l)

Suzuki swift 1.3l(auto) 14 16

SUUZUKI SWIFT , :unsure: Unbelivable .

Yeah its unbelievable. :unsure: My fathers car does around 11 kmpl in the city and only 13-14 kmpl outstation, even after a tuneup at A#W, very decent driving and many major services. Im referring to the squarer model swift (year 2004) right. So if any swift else in the world does around 14 kmpl in city then either I should check what that wonderful car is or I should hammer my car to death. :angry-smiley-048::action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

This may sound bit stupid but does the amount of fuel you put in have an effect on the efficiency of the VVTi engine? one of my mates got a 1.5l Allion and he only pump about Rs.1000 or 2000 worth of gas at a time. He told me that his MPG figures are nothing compared to what others are boasting? he’s a very sensible driver and he does the services at regular intervals.

This may sound bit stupid but does the amount of fuel you put in have an effect on the efficiency of the VVTi engine? one of my mates got a 1.5l Allion and he only pump about Rs.1000 or 2000 worth of gas at a time. He told me that his MPG figures are nothing compared to what others are boasting? he’s a very sensible driver and he does the services at regular intervals.

xXx Posted Today, 01:15 PM

yeh i think thats true not just for VVTi but all engines as a whole....i have noticed improved milage when i top up the tank n then keep toppin up when the meter hits half a tank as oppose to just pumping Rs 2000 bucks worth when the meter hits empty...but i dont have figures to prove it so its up for debate im sure.

i think our petrol and diesal quality mite be the cause of the reason a good two months back i was running on a bit of bad diesal which dropped my milage quite a lot...even few people i know agreed wit me about it this was soon after the hike in fuel price from 80 bucks to 110 :violent-smiley-030:

After my first month of regular driving here are the results:

Primera P11 Camino

1.8L Petrol

Manual

In Colombo (Regular traffic, 3 people in car including driver):

8-8.5kmpl

Outstation (Colombo to Kalutara, 2 people including driver):

9-9.5kmpl

I guess the figures are acceptable enough for such a car :rolleyes:

Here my data-

Mazda 323

1.6L

Manual

City limits

Both trips in extreme heavy traffic (Morning& evening) with low level of patience and tolerance ( High rev) and trashing when I get a chance

2 people including driver with no load

8.2 -8.8 Kmpl

Outstation

Not done a though check but with high revs and with good speeds – 2 people including driver and luggage

9.5 – 11 Kmpl

• 1 month later...
that's rather gud..

wts the condition u drive in?

it's a 1500cc ryt?

Yeah, its a 1500. To and fro to work usually. Mornings light/moderate traffic, evenings usually heavy traffic.

No passengers. It did 10.5 Immediately after i had the air filter cleaned...but back to normal after the next fill up.

• 4 months later...

" It did 10.5 Immediately after i had the air filter cleaned...but back to normal after the next fill up"

This is an interesting point. Guys, it seems we can improve the fuel efficiency by practicing a regular cleaning of the air filter. Easily,,, we can use the home vaccum cleaner to do it....I should try it.

My vios (A/T) does

9.4 km/l in the city. My daily route is peradeniya to kandy, get quite a traffic around the kandy lake. passangers: myself and my little one. i always try to keep the RPM less than 1500,

13.6 km/l outstation. Checked during a trip from madampe to wennapuwa

vitz

1992 EG8 Vti (everything in stock other than mugen exhaust & K&N air intake)

City limits-

8-8.5 in city traffic.

9-10.5 in day to day running in vtec/nonvtec average.

Outstation-

Got 12-13 when i drove to Kurunegala (most of the times rpm is below 3000)

Got 10-11 in a drive to N'Eliya via Gampola ( rev up to 6800 in every chance i got) :)

Edited by overTuned

406 1.8 8v Manual - I do calculate with each full tank throughout a period of one year

city only with the driver mostly on high revs - 6.5 ~ 7.5

city only with the driver economic run purposely to check consumption - 9.0

Outstations figures are unbelievable

Col - Anuradhapura with 2 passengers and luggage 4 hr 20 min drive mostly on 5th via K'gala putlam road. Return figure was

14.5 kmpl

Col - Kataragama with 1 passenger and luggage return figure was 14 kmpl

bit foxed with almost doubled up figures in outstation and checked with a foreman @ agents and i've been told that there are 406s does about 12 city and 15 outstations.