• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Ciaz 2015

Iroshana Cooray

Question

Dear Experts, 

I've come across couple of Suzuki Ciaz diesel cars (2015) to be sold at __man site and those cars seems to be ok, actually had a look at the white colour one.

I couldn't find any information about it in Srilanka but reviews in India is good. Couldn't get much info from A_W as well.

If someone owns one or owned a one, please provide me more information about this car.

I'm looking at parts availability and whether there are pron faults in this one(e.g xtrail gear box).

You advices are highly appreciated.

Edited by Iroshana Cooray

6 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Iroshana Cooray said:

Dear Experts, 

I've come across couple of Suzuki Ciaz diesel cars (2015) to be sold at __man site and those cars seems to be ok, actually had a look at the white colour one.

I couldn't find any information about it in Srilanka but reviews in India is good. Couldn't get much info from A_W as well.

If someone owns one or owned a one, please provide me more information about this car.

I'm looking at parts availability and whether there are pron faults in this one(e.g xtrail gear box).

You advices are highly appreciated.

The diesel version has a 1.3 litre non-turbo engine, taken from Fiat Linea. Buy one if you are interested in bullock cart racing. FOlks in India might be happy with it.

The petrol version also has indian-designed 1.4 litre engine. Generally you would expect 1.4 litre engines to give average performance, but remember its designed in India.This one is also painfully slow.

You are much better off going for an SX-4, which is older but better in all aspects.

Edited by Crosswind
Engine is 1.3ltr not 1.4

13 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

The diesel version has a 1.4 litre non-turbo engine, taken from Fiat Linea. Buy one if you are interested in bullock cart racing. FOlks in India might be happy with it. 

Didn't the diesel hybrid version make it to srilanka? 

4 hours ago, Crosswind said:

The diesel version has a 1.4 litre non-turbo engine, taken from Fiat Linea. Buy one if you are interested in bullock cart racing. FOlks in India might be happy with it.

But the diesel 141 which comes with a 2000CC 2C diesel engine has the same power output (89hp) 141 diesel owners in SL seem to be happy with it ne?

8 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Didn't the diesel hybrid version make it to srilanka? 

He's talking about 2015 Ciaz. Most likely it's not. Anyways Maruti's definition of hybrid is a stop-start system and regenerative braking (probably for charging a separate battery for electrics) for the same engine. Maruti is known to fool Indian customers by calling mild hybrids as hybrids and calling clutchless manual boxes as auto boxes. 

4 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

But the diesel 141 which comes with a 2000CC 2C diesel engine has the same power output (89hp) 141 diesel owners in SL seem to be happy with it ne?

Good point. While the 89hp figure can be subjective, I agree that we are not too dissimilar from the folks across the palk strait, when it comes to getting orgasms from fuel figures. 

BTW I have never driven a Ciaz but have driven a Linea. That's the slowest piece of sh*t I've driven in my life (was worse than a 1000cc diesel Charade) 

On 3/6/2020 at 1:49 PM, Crosswind said:

The diesel version has a 1.3 litre non-turbo engine, taken from Fiat Linea. Buy one if you are interested in bullock cart racing. FOlks in India might be happy with it.

The petrol version also has indian-designed 1.4 litre engine. Generally you would expect 1.4 litre engines to give average performance, but remember its designed in India.This one is also painfully slow.

You are much better off going for an SX-4, which is older but better in all aspects.

I've been using one of these for the past 3 months & I must say I haven't been so pleasantly surprised by a car in a while!

The engine is a 1.25L Turbo diesel coupled to a 5 speed manual gearbox & is perfectly capable of getting the rather specious Ciaz to move along briskly!

160 kmph is easily achieved (yes it was irresponsible & yes I did get copped for it, so lesson learned!)

It'll return 21-22 km per litre on the expressway & 14 urban. Mixed cycle on my Mt. to Katunayake daily run these days has it doing 17.5 kmpl.

It feels very premium for an Indian built car. Acres of space & the ride very supple. 

Very well equipped for what it is with modern conveniences of factory fitted Bluetooth, reverse sensors & steering mounded in car entertainment system controls.

The hybrid system per say is very primitive as it's just a Stop Start set up, which can be switched off via a switch on the dashboard. 

The upside is that there is no secondary or hybrid battery so one less thing to worry about.

Super vehicle if you're looking for a new-ish sedan which is comfy, large, competent & most of all fuel efficient.

I'm saying all this having put about 4,500 kms behind the wheel of one.

• Like 1