• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Montero/Pajero V93 2008-2010 modle

L.K

Question

Im looking for a 7-8milion suv so I found 2800cc diesel V75 2006-2007montero and 2008-2010 petrol 3000cc montero so what is the best from these two, my main points are,

#fuel consumption city and long terms

#maintain coast

#second hans selling market

#comfortble

#reliability and stability

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

On 3/4/2020 at 7:10 PM, L.K said:

Im looking for a 7-8milion suv so I found 2800cc diesel V75 2006-2007montero and 2008-2010 petrol 3000cc montero so what is the best from these two, my main points are,

#fuel consumption city and long terms

#maintain coast

#second hans selling market

#comfortble

#reliability and stability

Thanks.

If you are buying a montero buy the v93 petrol or v97 v98 diesels, the last shape or the center spare wheel shape. 

Do not buy the older ones above 6 mil, they are just being overrated and played by these new kids who make a quick buck doing car sales and Facebook propaganda, and will plummet in value in few months once the craze is over, 

The v75 petrol was 3.8 to 4.4 mil in 2008, just floated now.

Consider the montero sport otherwise, cheaper to buy run, equally fast, taller, equally large, equal road presence, a bit less comfortable  but far more capable off road. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tiv said:

If you are buying a montero buy the v93 petrol or v97 v98 diesels, the last shape or the center spare wheel shape. 

Do not buy the older ones above 6 mil, they are just being overrated and played by these new kids who make a quick buck doing car sales and Facebook propaganda, and will plummet in value in few months once the craze is over, 

The v75 petrol was 3.8 to 4.4 mil in 2008, just floated now.

Consider the montero sport otherwise, cheaper to buy run, equally fast, taller, equally large, equal road presence, a bit less comfortable  but far more capable off road. 

I mean about center spare wheel v93 petrol modle, I want to know the fuel consumption about 3000cc , montero sport is not a japan suv and also I dnt like it 

16 hours ago, L.K said:

I mean about center spare wheel v93 petrol modle, I want to know the fuel consumption about 3000cc , montero sport is not a japan suv and also I dnt like it 

You spoke of a v75 montero above hence my answer.

Anyhow the 3000cc 6g72, 3500cc 6g74 petrol does like 6kmpl outstation, 2 to 4 kmpl in traffic depending on your engine condition. Older they get the more they consume. They arent that peculiarly fast either. Also the tired gearboxes add to it

If you really want petrol, the 3.8l 6g75 Is the gem, pulls like a train, smooth as a euro.

All of these are advised to run on 95Oc

If you are that concerned about fuel economy, you are way off on the type of vehicle you are considering mate, these aren't cheap to run or maintain, hence why the 2007 montero petrol is falling in value below the montero sport. even the diesel 2013 lot ain't that good on fuel, this very moment I've run from kandy to Colombo on a montero diesel 4m41, and 3000 bucks super diesel was just enough to make it to Colombo, just 112 km, with 22 litres

5kmpl long distance. 

For other concerned readers....

Lol japan suv, typical market lingo..

These things are made up by sellers and grey importers.

because most of the Thailand SUVs were brand new, Fortuner, Montero sport, L200 Mux etc, bought by agents so they had no control, if things went well they be out of business by now.

As for the thailand made Hilux since 2005, they say "top badu" because they bought em and sold them via grey channels.

They discriminate the l200 as its thailand, and mostly agent imported other than the uk ones.

Yet they embrace the Thailand hilux? See a pattern ?

The 2003 to 2007 montero sport yet was made in japan, again mostly got down via agents, but they say, "owa adinne Naha, lorry wage". They did this to the entire l200 lineage.

Simple Marketing jargon for them to make their buck of the typical gullible sri lankan. 

A few in the real world know that the 150 Prado, some units here were made in china,

And some made in Bangalore, I know because a friend studied there a while ago.

They muffle that history as they want to continue their sale, again to add they say the Toyota lanka prado with the rear door spare wheel has less spec, blah blah. If course the 5l engine they bought was dumb.

To add u realise that the company stopped production of the montero, yet they are continuing their montero sport lineage,

this is because it was insanely successful in other merging markets and in cult levels, and now they are letting it wash into larger European markets as well. 

They did the same with the raize, the community has been brainwashed so well they have embraced the second smallest unreg suv they can buy and the smallest  4 door SUV they can buy for 6.6 million. First being the pre 2019 jimny

Welcome to add opinions 

@Devinda_Z @iRage @AVANTE @fiat fan @ziyard_9834

Edited by tiv
  • Like 5

On 3/8/2020 at 12:18 PM, tiv said:

For other concerned readers....

Lol japan suv, typical market lingo..

These things are made up by sellers and grey importers.

because most of the Thailand SUVs were brand new, Fortuner, Montero sport, L200 Mux etc, bought by agents so they had no control, if things went well they be out of business by now.

As for the thailand made Hilux since 2005, they say "top badu" because they bought em and sold them via grey channels.

They discriminate the l200 as its thailand, and mostly agent imported other than the uk ones.

Yet they embrace the Thailand hilux? See a pattern ?

The 2003 to 2007 montero sport yet was made in japan, again mostly got down via agents, but they say, "owa adinne Naha, lorry wage". They did this to the entire l200 lineage.

Simple Marketing jargon for them to make their buck of the typical gullible sri lankan. 

A few in the real world know that the 150 Prado, some units here were made in china,

And some made in Bangalore, I know because a friend studied there a while ago.

They muffle that history as they want to continue their sale, again to add they say the Toy#ta L#nka prado with the rear door spare wheel has less spec, blah blah. If course the 5l engine they bought was dumb.

To add u realise that the company stopped production of the montero, yet they are continuing their montero sport lineage,

this is because it was insanely successful in other merging markets and in cult levels, and now they are letting it wash into larger European markets as well. 

They did the same with the raize, the community has been brainwashed so well they have embraced the second smallest unreg suv they can buy and the smallest  4 door SUV they can buy for 6.6 million. First being the pre 2019 jimny

You summed it up. Pretty much the same reason as to why anything without a Toyota badge in the previous years were considered 'market naha, wedak naha, denna baha' . But unlike before, buyers are more open minded, they do their research and don't fall into this trap like before but we still have alot to go in the way of development ofc. 

Your reply should be posted on every FB page, forum, light posts, walls, gates of car sales and even on trees on off-roader trails for 4x4 drivers and potential buyers to find and read. 

Edited by AVANTE
  • Like 1

What I tell my friends in SL when they go car shopping is....to turn their ears off....just look at the car get the information from it and walk away. You will not get anything valuable from talking to a person who is clueless. Whatever they have on their car lot and is full of it is the best vehicle money can buy in the entire world. 

In addition to what tiv said; there is not a single car that is "MADE IN JAPAN", there has not been one since the early 90s. They are ALL ASSEMBLED in Japan with parts built all over the planet. True, the vehicles assembled in Thailand, India, etc..had some quality control issues...but those were resolved way back in the late 90s itself.  Do you see differences between what is assembled in Thailand vs. what is assembled in Japan ? Yes..because the SPECIFICATIONS were different...not the build quality.

I have had a Fortuner for the last 4 years in VN and love it...has been reliable and economical and sensible to own. Less complicated than the Prado...and I do not feel guilty throwing it in to a pile of rocks and still drive through it. Only thing is the 2.7 engine is not the peppiest but since I do most of my driving in the city..it works fine.   The Montero sport is more bouncy and feels plasticy and barren than the Fortuner....but then it does have a lot more grunt than the Fortuner. None of these cars are horribly wrong that you should run away from it because some monkey in a car sale said "Not Japan SUV".

Yes..the Prado is assembled in quite a few places....if I am not mistaken most of the high LHD Prados are from China (with a small subset from Japan depending on the spec). Then many African and and diesel spec variants come from Bangalore....it all depends on where supply chain efficiencies can be obtained based on market demand.