• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Does painting a panel of a car make it look obvious that its painted?

hustlehard

My prius back door paint is damaged and the whole panel needs to be painted.
It will cost me Rs 8000 - 9000 but what concerns me is, will the paint job make it obvious that its painted and will the painted panel stand out from the rest of the car?
Can yall suggest me a good painting garage around nugegoda area?

Depends on the quality of the job performed by the painter and how well the colour is matched to the rest of the body panels. A quality job will not make it obvious that the panel has been repainted.

I have experience of a good place in Nugegoda area PM me if you need any info.

Depends on the painter and how well the color has been matched. With colors like pearl white will always have a 1% like difference (if painted and matched by skilled professional) in color which only 0.01% of car enthusiasts will notice. 

Since you are painting the entire back door almost everyone will not notice a color difference if you get it properly matched. What will make the painting obvious is the paint is laid down heavy and there is a strong orange peel or if the panel gets filled up with putty and overspray .

• Like 1

despite how good a job the painter does if you paint a panel it will show to a certain extent. A skilled painter can minimize the visual difference. There are sometimes the odd small scale body repair guys who do a good job than some big glitzy places. I came across such a gem in Kurunegala when a biker rear ended my earlier car a few years back. 

If done properly with quality materials it will be difficult to spot visually. Initially there could be a small difference but will gradually decrease as the paint cures and fade. If you use inferior paint color difference could occur with age as paint oxidize.

I have got my Pearl whites painted without any visible trace.