• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

HONDA VEZEL 2014 WARNING LIGHTS. PLEASE HELP !!!

nmx58

Question

Hi All,

I'm a new member in here and greetings to everyone. We bought a Honda Vezel 2014 recently and it's just month ago. Today when I start the vehicle I got some warning messages and some warning lights as in the attached images. I'm very confused about what's happening and I'm afraid whether the previous owner has tricked us. We didn't have a inspection before we purchase the vehicle.

Can someone please explain me, what are these warning lights and what actions should I take. Many thanks in advance.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME !!!

20200224_233703.jpg

20200224_233711.jpg

20200224_233714.jpg

20200224_233721.jpg

20200224_233759.jpg

20200224_234614.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 11:03 AM, NIMANTHA88 said:

Do you guys have any idea what to do ? it feels like I have burned 45 lakhs and I don't know what to do / where to go. Even the company says, since it's a Japan domestic vehicle, the manual is in Japanese, so it's hard to diagnose issue in Honda Vezel.

Any thoughts guys ?

I'm have no experience with Hondas and Hybrids so I cannot give any technical assistance. However, don't loose all your hopes for car issues bro. All of the guys here may have gone through these kind of situations and we all know how issues like this can make someone unable to sleep at night and disturb mental peace to work during the day. On the plus side all these strangers who you have only talked on an online forum are giving their experience and knowledge to help you get through this barrier so look at the big picture and start sorting out things one by one. Don't panic and listen to the experts.

on a side note, prices quoted by agents are high mark up prices. my boss had a Vezel and he was once quoted above 300,000 for a windscreen which he could purchase for around 100,000 from outside. Also, once he was asked to replace some cooling fans stating that they were malfunctioned and was quoted a significant amount (cant remember exact amount). but after taking a second look at an outside garage (hybrid h*b), they just fixed a fan motor for fraction of the price quoted by the agent. So don't loose your cool due high prices quoted by the agent. 

On 8/16/2020 at 12:05 AM, AVANTE said:

I understand what you must be feeling now. It can't be that big of an issue. There's no way the wiring harness can give issues at this age unless it has had a horrible accident in its history. Did you inspect the vehicle professionally before purchase? 

Whats the situation with the gearbox? Are you sure it's in good shape? Because rolling back in a hill sounds like the gearbox slipping. Whatever it is, it's fixable. Dont lose your cool. If it is gearbox, I know a guy who is trustworthy to do repairs on it. But let's hope it's not the gearbox. 

@fiat fan what say you? Is ShiMotor a good call for the servo pump connection repair? 

Give him a call bro. He will definitely help.

Don’t buy Vezel people. It’s a shit car. Every Vezel owner I know has had many issues. Makes my B5 Look like the most reliable car ever.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 5:31 AM, fiat fan said:

Don’t buy Vezel people. It’s a shit car. Every Vezel owner I know has had many issues. Makes my B5 Look like the most reliable car ever.

So true @fiat fan ! Every friend who owned a Vezel had some trouble or the other. Battery issues, ABS malfunction, DCT replacements and even parts breaking off from the dash. Luckily I sold mine off after using for a year and a half with just 25k on the ODO. The second owner had such a hard time with it after a while that when he finally got rid of it, it had depreciated 5 times more than what I lost. After all the car was a brand new personal import where a friend of mine in Japan purchased the car from a dealership and had it sent over. 

@nmx58 don't worry machang. Just take it to a FNG and sort the stuff out (at least temporarily) and get rid of the car ASAP. Don't go to the agent. They rip you off !

After all we all make mistakes and this is just another experience to learn from.

• Thanks 1

Guys,

Please see the full inspection report I got for the vehicle. Yesterday I took the vehicle for a full service and there was a heavy traffic in Colombo. Suddenly vehicle stopped in the middle of traffic and when I accelerate it was just making noise but it was not shifting the gears properly. So I stopped the vehicle and asked from agents what to do. They said it's probably overheating of clutch oil so we need to keep engine switched off for 10 - 15 minutes and then directly come there for the service. I'm not sure whether this is a bad sign and something to do with DCT.

Guys, I am now completely hopeless of this vehicle. Any thought of yours are highly appreciated !

Regarding my main issue, it's still unresolved.

@iRage I have not experienced other Vezels but I feel like it's mostly engaging with engine rather than the Hybrid system. Another thing that I noticed, the breaking issue stops for around one day when I take a long trip. Once I went on a long trip and the breaking issue was there until I reach there but when I was coming home it engaged with the Hybrid system until I reach home (If my memory serves right. Is it abnormal ?) and there was no breaking issue (All indications are gone). 

As I said my main issue stay unresolved. I will keep you guys posted.

Many thanks to everyone !

Image (5).jpg

Image (6).jpg

Image (7).jpg

Image (8).jpg

Image (9).jpg

3 hours ago, NIMANTHA88 said:

Guys,

Please see the full inspection report I got for the vehicle. Yesterday I took the vehicle for a full service and there was a heavy traffic in Colombo. Suddenly vehicle stopped in the middle of traffic and when I accelerate it was just making noise but it was not shifting the gears properly. So I stopped the vehicle and asked from agents what to do. They said it's probably overheating of clutch oil so we need to keep engine switched off for 10 - 15 minutes and then directly come there for the service. I'm not sure whether this is a bad sign and something to do with DCT.

Guys, I am now completely hopeless of this vehicle. Any thought of yours are highly appreciated !

Regarding my main issue, it's still unresolved.

@iRage I have not experienced other Vezels but I feel like it's mostly engaging with engine rather than the Hybrid system. Another thing that I noticed, the breaking issue stops for around one day when I take a long trip. Once I went on a long trip and the breaking issue was there until I reach there but when I was coming home it engaged with the Hybrid system until I reach home (If my memory serves right. Is it abnormal ?) and there was no breaking issue (All indications are gone). 

As I said my main issue stay unresolved. I will keep you guys posted.

Many thanks to everyone !

oops

Can you please explain me what are those green leafs indicating in the hybrid battery charging meter in Honda vezel.

To my concern I think each leaf indicates every cell in the hybrid battery. So if  any of those  leaf doesn’t indicate means that  particular cell is damaged.

Do you think I am correct.,????

2 hours ago, Firdousi latheiff Godapola said:

Can you please explain me what are those green leafs indicating in the hybrid battery charging meter in Honda vezel.

To my concern I think each leaf indicates every cell in the hybrid battery. So if  any of those  leaf doesn’t indicate means that  particular cell is damaged.

Do you think I am correct.,????

No..you are NOT correct. The display with the Green trees (starting with a tree with less leaves to tree with more leaves) is an ECO Drive scoring of your driving (in fact it says ECO Score on top of the trees). It shows how economical and eco friendly your driving is. If the score is at stage 3; it means your driving style is achieving the best possible eco stats for the car (best gas mileage, lowest emissions); if you are at stage 1..that means your driving is not very eco friendly at all.

It does NOT show the charging level. Granted when you are driving at a high eco score level that also COULD imply your Hybrid system is getting charged optimally as well; but it is not a direct indication. Even when you are driving at a low state (like driving fast and aggressively) your batteries could be getting charged at optimum but the power retention and utilization might not be optimal.

17 hours ago, iRage said:

No..you are NOT correct. The display with the Green trees (starting with a tree with less leaves to tree with more leaves) is an ECO Drive scoring of your driving (in fact it says ECO Score on top of the trees). It shows how economical and eco friendly your driving is. If the score is at stage 3; it means your driving style is achieving the best possible eco stats for the car (best gas mileage, lowest emissions); if you are at stage 1..that means your driving is not very eco friendly at all.

It does NOT show the charging level. Granted when you are driving at a high eco score level that also COULD imply your Hybrid system is getting charged optimally as well; but it is not a direct indication. Even when you are driving at a low state (like driving fast and aggressively) your batteries could be getting charged at optimum but the power retention and utilization might not be optimal.

Never seen that tree shedding the leaves. Been driving my bros Vezel, I used drive on eco initially but changed to normal driving and it seems I do better on fuel driving with eco off. I've mastered the art of doing the last km home on electric mode, you just need build up the charge be careful with throttle. Was told that specially going uphill you should off the eco mode as it's not good for the gearbox.

Your battery charging meter is accessible on the dash and it will show you the charged amount and what is driving the wheels.

Even in my old Fit the story was the same, maybe got used to driving it more economically.

Hi guys, I had the same issue with my 2016 Honda vezel. I used it jump start another vehicle and after that pretty much all the warning lights started showing and I noticed when driving it never switched to the hybrid battery at any point. I went and got my 12v battery levels checked and everything was fine on that end. This persisted for a few days and just stopped showing up all of a sudden. Like it reset back to normal...? Drive was smooth until a few days ago when the issue came back again. Finally took it to this garage in Boralesgamuwa, did the diagnostic scan and cleared everything and according to the mechanic "this sort of issue comes up when the engine needs a tune up".

Just need some advise is this guys thoery legit? 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

AJ

Edited by Baaba J

On 2/24/2020 at 11:34 PM, nmx58 said:

Hi All,

I'm a new member in here and greetings to everyone. We bought a Honda Vezel 2014 recently and it's just month ago. Today when I start the vehicle I got some warning messages and some warning lights as in the attached images. I'm very confused about what's happening and I'm afraid whether the previous owner has tricked us. We didn't have a inspection before we purchase the vehicle.

Can someone please explain me, what are these warning lights and what actions should I take. Many thanks in advance.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME !!!

20200224_233703.jpg

20200224_233711.jpg

20200224_233714.jpg

20200224_233721.jpg

20200224_233759.jpg

20200224_234614.jpg

On 11/5/2020 at 1:14 AM, Firdousi latheiff Godapola said:

These errors are not that much serious, just go to  Honda agent near by,,,  please do scanning  and reset to the factory settings. After resetting please make sure to  do test run at least 5 kilometers. 

On 1/16/2022 at 8:47 AM, Baaba J said:

Hi guys, I had the same issue with my 2016 Honda vezel. I used it jump start another vehicle and after that pretty much all the warning lights started showing and I noticed when driving it never switched to the hybrid battery at any point. I went and got my 12v battery levels checked and everything was fine on that end. This persisted for a few days and just stopped showing up all of a sudden. Like it reset back to normal...? Drive was smooth until a few days ago when the issue came back again. Finally took it to this garage in Boralesgamuwa, did the diagnostic scan and cleared everything and according to the mechanic "this sort of issue comes up when the engine needs a tune up".

Just need some advise is this guys thoery legit? 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

AJ

On 5/23/2022 at 7:15 AM, Irfan8163 said:

Hi 

can you tell me the update how you resolve these signs from your vezel, coz I also have similar issue suddenly appears in my 2014 vezel 

Hi All, 

Any solution for the lights on especially in the morning? this is a persisting problem almost everyday. Then have to disconnect the battery and connect again, and all sorted out!

But the next morning, same problem!! Please advise

16 hours ago, Saj007 said:

Hi All, 

Any solution for the lights on especially in the morning? this is a persisting problem almost everyday. Then have to disconnect the battery and connect again, and all sorted out!

Sadly the only solution is for you to take it to a proper technician/agent and do a scan. Then based onthe error codes start fixing it up one by one. It might be some single thing that is very small or it can be a web of complications.  You will not know without doing the scan. 

These Hondas have a highly integrated system. So even if one small thing has an issue, you start getting error messages from a 101 different systems that are connected to it. For example, an issue with a 12V battery can cause that system to throw an error which makes the hybrid system throw an error and when the hybrid system throws an error the brake throws an error (because regenerative braking and braking assist from Hybrid system is not there). When the braking system throws an error, the ABS throws an error and when the ABS throws an error traction control and vehicle stability systems throw an error. I think you get the idea now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Saj007 said:

Hi All, 

Start with inspecting the status of the 12V battery. Most probably it needs changing. Multiple error codes are a common scenario when the 12V battery is weak as the required voltages are not detected by the system.

After changing the 12V battery clear the error codes and see if the issue is solved. If not like @iRage mentioned get the vehicle inspected by the agent or someone who is knowledgeable and experienced with Honda.

@Buccinator Bro, I have been using the Vezel now for 3 years. I was so worried and hopeless due to the issue I had. First and most important thing I can say to you please don't worry. You cannot come into a conclusion by merely looking at the indication lights. Honda vezel will give you many indicators even for a simple issue so you cannot decide what's going on based on that. So calm down and first and foremost go to the agents (I advise you to go to the Maradana brach. If possible see if there is this wonderful person called Sanjaya and tell him the complete story) and tell them the issue. They will run through a scan and see what's their opinion. I'm saying you this based on my own experience so diagnosis of the issue is the most important part. 

The scan results will give you an insight of the current issues of the vehicle. Based on that you might be able to see where the possible failures are. Then go through each of the failing areas and try to identify the root cause of the problem. I recommend you the agents as I had no solution from any other person for my issue + My issue was not a consistent issue and it was occasional (Had a very hard time diagnosing the root cause). At the same time I advise you to get some more information from the previous owner. Ask him if he experienced the same issue before, what are the replacements he has done (and where) etc. Gather information as much as possible and try to narrow down the possible areas for the failure.

In my case the issue was the wire harness which goes to the master servo pump (Brake booster). I asked agents to open an inventory to keep the vehicle and to diagnose the issue as I didn't want to take the vehicle home. Now it has been some time and vehicle runs smoothly. I can say that as long as vezel has no issues and if the maintenance is done on time, it's a wonderful car. However in general Honda's are not that reliable but it packs full of features.

Once you fix the issue, try running the vehicle at least for 5 minutes for a day. Do the maintenance timely. To protect the dual clutch, when in a heavy traffic for a long time put the gear into neutral and apply brakes (Do not put the vehicle on a running gear).

Bro, your issue might be completely different from mine even though you get similar amount of indications as me. I learnt a lot of lessons from my first car. So please don't worry, get the vehicle checked and everything will be fine :) 

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALL RIGHT ! KEEP US UPDATED ! :) :) :) 

@nmx58 Thanks a lot. Been using this for the last 2 years without any issue and all of a sudden this came up.

As you correctly said, it's occasional and sometimes it would just startup without any issue. But most times when I start it the error would come up, but sometimes not.

I would follow your advice and take it to Stafford at Maradana. 

Did you had to replace the wire harness?

What was the cost, if you don't mind me asking...

Thanks

23 hours ago, Buccinator said:

What was the cost, if you don't mind me asking

Cost to replace with a brand new part from the agents = 300,000/=

However don't rush. As I said it could be a completely different issue and you might be able to fix it without a big cost. At the same time please check the prices from few different places as the price mentioned by me might be changed by now.

Please let us know once you get your issue fixed ! :) Good luck !

On 7/10/2020 at 10:28 AM, Thushama said:

this is just becoz of low charge of the 12V battery, i have the same experience and it happened when my kids trying to turn on AC without turning on the engine! (after just pushing the power button)

Did you ever find  a solution to this problem? kindly share

@Buccinator you had non smooth drive and unusual vibrations while driving ? How much did it cost you to replace ?

I had the same warning lights while I drive, I couldn't take reverse since the vehicle was vibrating too much. In addition I could see Engine warning sign too

Anyone had the same issue with Vezel 2014 ?