• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

141,Belta,Yaris or Camry (2007 to 2011 models)

Sirimanna

Hello, Friends, I am planning to buy 141, Belta, Yaris or Camry (2007 to 2011 models) car, but i am new to Toyota, can you kindly tell me which is the best and what are the things that i need to check before purchasing above vehicle.. Thank you :)

Edited by Sirimanna

Be more specific of what you want. The Yaris/Belta are entry level small sedans, the 141 is a sub-compact sedan, and the Camry is a compact sedan. The Yaris/Belta feels cheap and has less bells and whistles, the 141 will feel a little better than the Yaris/Belta and have a few more bells and whistles (depending on the grade you buy) and the Camry will feel a lot better than the other cars on that list. So which is the best determines on your requirements.

None of these cars have any significant defects. You jsut need to make sure they are properly maintained (look for service records, etc..) which includes changing CVT fluid. So look out for the CVT transmission. Go get it inspected. I hink you will find more Camrys that are in better condition than the Yaris/Belta and 141. The Yaris/Belta and 141 were popular cas amongst budget users and they do not maintain their cars properly. Then just before selling it they would do things like tamper the mileages and then make the car look shiny. So..no matter what you get..get it inspected.

8 hours ago, iRage said:

Be more specific of what you want. The Yaris/Belta are entry level small sedans, the 141 is a sub-compact sedan, and the Camry is a compact sedan. The Yaris/Belta feels cheap and has less bells and whistles, the 141 will feel a little better than the Yaris/Belta and have a few more bells and whistles (depending on the grade you buy) and the Camry will feel a lot better than the other cars on that list. So which is the best determines on your requirements.

None of these cars have any significant defects. You jsut need to make sure they are properly maintained (look for service records, etc..) which includes changing CVT fluid. So look out for the CVT transmission. Go get it inspected. I hink you will find more Camrys that are in better condition than the Yaris/Belta and 141. The Yaris/Belta and 141 were popular cas amongst budget users and they do not maintain their cars properly. Then just before selling it they would do things like tamper the mileages and then make the car look shiny. So..no matter what you get..get it inspected.

Thank you so much for your reply, actually i just want to know about defects , and i got the answer what i looking for from your reply, thanks again for your replay

Well..some of the common issues that the 141 has is the dashboard getting all sticky and cracking...but by now almost all have had that replaced. It was something common with Toyotas of the era...again..then Toyota's of the era do have a tendency to have issues with the AC compressor (but then again..those too would have been resolved). Most of these issues are not exactly defects but components that are engineered in a way to not suit the local conditions. Pretty much all cars, especially used ones, will have some sort of issue. No one in this world ahs made an indestructible, 100% issue free car.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iRage said:

Well..some of the common issues that the 141 has is the dashboard getting all sticky and cracking...but by now almost all have had that replaced. It was something common with Toyotas of the era...again..then Toyota's of the era do have a tendency to have issues with the AC compressor (but then again..those too would have been resolved). Most of these issues are not exactly defects but components that are engineered in a way to not suit the local conditions. Pretty much all cars, especially used ones, will have some sort of issue. No one in this world ahs made an indestructible, 100% issue free car.

Thank you so much for your reply :) ?