• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Yaris 2020 hatchback

roosht3

Question

Guys, 

I've been searching for a decent car in the past and still couldn't find one. What is your take on importing a yaris 2020 hatchback 1000cc? With all the added options(LED head, panoramic view monitor, pearl white, bi color fog and more) It will cost me around 5.5million. (I feel like 5.5m is bit costly for a 1.0L but this taxation is ridiculous).  And also I believe since it is Toyota resale value will be good too. 

or Should I stick to used vehicle as my first car ?

5 answers to this question

By Yaris 2020 I am guessing you mean the latest model. It is wonderful. Feels nice and well built. The 1000cc engine in the past model has been an extreme disappointment. Toyota says the new Yaris' 1000cc has been improved a lot but that simply cannot be determined to be true or not until we see the car on the road (it still has not been delivered to customers).

Now....5.5 mil on a newly released car is a lot of money. Body parts are going to be expensive.

How experienced of a driver are you ? If you are a new driver/relatively/inexperienced; then you are going ot put some dings in a shiny new expensive car and fixing it can get pricey. So if this is the case..but a used one..get some experience behind you..and then go for the new Yaris once the car has hit our markets here and we know what the car is actually like (the 1000cc). 

31 minutes ago, iRage said:

By Yaris 2020....

Now....

How experienced...

Yes. That's the one. It looks nice and better. That's a concern even I had. 

Base model import can cost less around 4.7m. With my added options  price increased by a million. Another thing to worry about. 

I think I have driven more than 10K kms on. And also driven heavy vehicles around colombo. But I have never owned a vehicle and rented vehicles occasionally 

Edited by roosht3

well..10K means you have driven for pretty much 1 year :D How good of a driver are you ? Any fender benders or significant accidents ? 

If you are a safe driver...

Yes..in case you break stuff it will be costly to fix (but then that is what insurance is for as well) but as long as you are confident it does not mean that the cost and difficulty of finding parts for a brand new car should keep you away from it. Once you have it for a few weeks you will be used to it and things will be fine. You will ahv the same anxity no matter what you buy. Even the Yaris you will find parts for it..it is jsut that you will have to wait for awhile.

If you are a bad driver....just go for a used car and get some experience...then buy an expensive car.

• Thanks 1

Not the best but no accidents so far. Some minor scratches in remote areas. Roads being narrow and making way for another vehicle. 

Yup, as you've mentioned parts but patience is the key. Maybe it won't need parts for the first 2 years if I maintain it correctly and god help me no accidents. (Toyota Lanka wouldn't even know how to maintain though). It's just matter of time once the yaris starts to flood in SL roads.

I am still in between. Finding a fairly decent vehicle is very hard these days. 95% odo fraud, abused vehicles, fake market. It is like finding a jewel in a dump. Aaah 

Well...I am pretty sure you are not going to get any mechanical faults in the Yaris 2020. The core of most components ahve been used in other Toyota models (especially recent releases and some from even older models). I was just saying..if you bust a light lens or something you will have to wait to get the parts flown in and will be expensive too. As for how to fix the car...again....notihng ground breakingly different from any other car (atleast the variant you are looking at). These are entry level hatchbacks so there is nothing overly compliated in them (unlike the GR-4 or something). The only complicated thing you would get on it are the safety features which again come with all other Japanese cars too.

Yes...there are lots of fake used cars. But there are some good ones too. So you just have to look for them.

• Thanks 1