• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Picanto 2012

Dilshan_5

Question

I am thinking of buying a used Kia Picanto  YOM 2012 or upwards as a second car for family city running purpose. My budget is around 2 - 2.2 million and my monthly mileage is between 800 km - 1000 km. Hope i can get some advise on following concerns.

1. Reliability - Most of these cars have done more than 75k and 2nd user vehicles. I am planning to use it for at least 5 years. Any major repairs that may occur during this period apart from regular running costs.

2. Kia agent comments - Most reviews say that the Sri Lankan agent is good and easy to work with. Any  comments from Kia users? Especially for major repairs etc

3. Any other better alternative options which i should consider? Main factor is ease of maintenance and also affordability and availability of spare parts. Fuel wont be a major factor as monthly mileage is quite low. 

4 answers to this question

They are reliable & pretty basic cars. Although parts won't be a problem, almost everything has to be bought from the agents and that could be costlier than a similar hatchback like a vitz or swift. If that's your concern, a toyota/nissan/suzuki is a better choice.

Didn't you try searching the forums? The picanto has been discussed before.

36 minutes ago, AVANTE said:

They are reliable & pretty basic cars. Although parts won't be a problem, almost everything has to be bought from the agents and that could be costlier than a similar hatchback like a vitz or swift. If that's your concern, a toyota/nissan/suzuki is a better choice.

Didn't you try searching the forums? The picanto has been discussed before.

Thank you for your input, went through a few threads on picanto but didn’t come across many on repairs etc,  Regarding the other brands which you have mentioned, is it possible to get a fairly recent model 2010 upwards for that budget? I did a rough search and the cars that came up are picanto, viva elite mainly. 

I think the Picanto is a better option than the Viva. The Malaysian interiors didn't age as well, so the Korean has a little edge. The dealership is reasonable and you can find most parts outside these days. Body parts obviously aren't as easy to find as Japanese cars but not impossible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dilshan_5 said:

Thank you for your input, went through a few threads on picanto but didn’t come across many on repairs etc,  Regarding the other brands which you have mentioned, is it possible to get a fairly recent model 2010 upwards for that budget? I did a rough search and the cars that came up are picanto, viva elite mainly. 

WagonR hybrid, swift (indian 2011 facelift), nissan march K12, toyota passo are within your budget and year range. If you really want a picanto, @kush can guide you through it A to Z.