• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio Digital Meter

Toyotaonly

Question

Recently i bought this axio and in the marked area there was the "energy meter" which shows us how the energy flow works while we drive ( power from battery to tire , tire charging battery when we break etc  )
That visual is disappeared few days ago. not sure how it happened. i have tried different trip settings but not sure if it affects the energy meter area visual
yesterday while the car is stopped and turned off i was inside the car for about 10 minute typing an email.
Car completely switched off. suddenly this triangle appeared with a warning beep tone.

I don't remember did it stopped automatically or did i turn on the car after that

once i start the car the i didn't find any issue. but not sure why that error came when the car was turned off.
Also appreciate if someone can tell me how to turn on the "energy meter" area if it is accidentally turned off

Capture.JPG

Edited by Toyotaonly

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Toyotaonly said:

Thanks i will check again
Any idea about the Energy meter?
is it off because of battery issue or is it possible i may have turned it off while going through different view modes on screen since all the text appear on Japanese letters

My personal understanding is there is no any relationship between the visual disappearance of upper display segment and engine went off while it was on park mode. If the battery is on good condition, I also think display will not come due to some settings change.

However it's better if you can get an advise from a good mechanic, they may give you a better explanation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toyotaonly said:

Capture.JPG

That light has different meanings. Anything from low washer fluid,low engine oil to a problem with your vehicle's electronic safety features like ESP/ABS/TCS. Isn't there any warning messages on the display screen? 

Also, get an OBD scan. How is the battery condition by the way?

Edited by AVANTE

1 hour ago, AVANTE said:

That light has different meanings. Anything from low washer fluid,low engine oil to a problem with your vehicle's electronic safety features like ESP/ABS/TCS. Isn't there any warning messages on the display screen? 

Also, get an ECU scan. How is the battery condition by the way?

When i drive the car i don't get any warning messages.
battery is in good condition.
this error came only once. and also when car is switched off completely. not even parking lights were on.

and energy meter is not visible. not sure it is an error or i may have disabled it while trying different screen settings.

2 minutes ago, Toyotaonly said:

When i drive the car i don't get any warning messages.
battery is in good condition.
this error came only once. and also when car is switched off completely. not even parking lights were on.

and energy meter is not visible. not sure it is an error or i may have disabled it while trying different screen settings.

@Suar.t have any ideas on this topic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suar.t said:

Just have a look again on 12V battery, which is located under the seat.

Thanks i will check again
Any idea about the Energy meter?
is it off because of battery issue or is it possible i may have turned it off while going through different view modes on screen since all the text appear on Japanese letters

1 hour ago, asrock said:

@Toyotaonly Do you mean there is nothing on the LCD display screen? Have you tried pressing the arrow keys and other buttons on the steering wheel? Also when you heard the beep are you sure the car was completely switched off and that it was in P and not N? 

Yes it was on Parking and even i have pulled hand brakes and i was inside the car. AC off not remember lights were on or not.
I had to turn on the car to check the warning light and beep sound but after that i didn't get the warning.
Top meter section shows head and dim light indicators but energy meter animation area is not visible.

That error and beep sound didn't appear again. i drove today and yesterday.