• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

KUV100 NXT, another DFSK580 or a new era in Sri Lankan Auto manufacturing?

ajm

KUV100 NXT, another DFSK580 or a new era in Sri Lankan Auto manufacturing?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. what will be the acceptance of KUV100 NXT among SL drivers

• another DFSK580
    • same as Alto, Celerio, Kwid..
    • same as Micro SUVs
    • same as Korean,JP SUVs excluding Micro

Don't we have another voting option? Indian vehicles aren't horrible. Just not as solid as a jap car. But 100x times way reliable than DFSK trash. As far as revolutions go, only the alto/maruti 800, scorpio (police) & batta (haulers) managed to achieve that in srilanka for their respective categories.

Not sure how the KUV100 will be though. 

Edited by AVANTE
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, AVANTE said:

Don't we have another voting option? Indian vehicles aren't horrible. Just not as solid as a jap car. But 100x times way reliable than DFSK trash.

thanks for pointing out, updated the choices.

(You ended up in the Alto/Celerio category, may be its possible to correct that if you dont agree?)

4 minutes ago, ajm said:

thanks for pointing out, updated the choices.

(You ended up in the Alto/Celerio category, may be its possible to correct that if you dont agree?)

As Shylock from 'The Merchant of Venice' by the great William Shakespeare says:

"I am content."

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Nah, its even shorter than the Kwid ne?

Besides, it looks like an avocado had sex with an apple

mahindra-kuv100-01.jpg

+1 on the fruit sex

Indian consumers are so obsessed with fuel economy that the manufacturers don't care how much they ruin the wheels on the cars. Look at the size of them, looks like it was stolen from a child's electric toy car.

17 minutes ago, Skyonline said:

I don't think they'll move half of their sales target, since the vehicle priced at Rs.3,050,000/ onwards..

“Console mounted joystick gear lever for stress free gear change with gear shift alerts”

So it’s manual transmission…

Then I take back my vote. This falls in the 'priced too high to become a revolution like the S-presso, Ignis, Ciaz, Duster, Nano, Attrage & Grand wagonR'

Edited by AVANTE

1 hour ago, AVANTE said:

Indian vehicles aren't horrible. Just not as solid as a jap car.

this is true : I mean I'd prefer a loud noisy uncomfortable Indian ride over : DFCC Gloryhole, Golden Dragon Qz34509JK9102Z3fs , Kangkung Stirfry xml09871sfd etc. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Skyonline said:

I don't think they'll move half of their sales target, since the vehicle priced at Rs.3,050,000/ onwards..

3 friggin mi... you got to be kidding me.

Anyone who even considers to pay 3 million for this abomination should be burned to a crisp before they lay eggs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matroska said:

this is true : I mean I'd prefer a loud noisy uncomfortable Indian ride over : DFCC Gloryhole, Golden Dragon Qz34509JK9102Z3fs , Kangkung Stirfry xml09871sfd etc. 

Man, I still chuckle everytime I hear DFSK Glory. Nothing glorious about losing compression in a cylinder or having a door handle come out on you. 

Kangkung Stirfry.. now thats a name I'm gonna use for my cat.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Anyone who even considers to pay 3 million for this abomination should be burned to a crisp before they lay eggs.

Lay eggs? I thought babies came from the sky.

Edited by AVANTE

28 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

eggs, burning...dragons? ...you've been watching re runs of game of thrones ? 

Edited by matroska

36 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Ridiculous pricing will ensure they don’t sell, very disappointed with the launch of this car…

Too big to become the next Alto and too ugly to become the next Kwid(Not that kwid is a pretty car)

This will be the next Datsun Redi-Go, attacking a price segment way above. all hype and die out unloved in the Id*al Motors lot.

BTW, this has a center front seat, like a van or the new defender so a six-seater it is.

One of my friends who currently having a Kwid test drove this one. So I believe they are trying to attract Alto and Kwid owners marketing KUV100 as an upgrade from current ride. 1.2L engine is the only good thing I see there.

A few things to consider.

#1 There is an element of Sri Lankan value addition here. If there wasn't this car would be even more expensive.

#2 Unlike Micro this manufacturing plan brought in foreign investment as its a joint partnership with Mahindra of India.

#3 I agree on the gearbox option. Until they install an auto box, it won't be attractive at that price. It does need bigger wheels as well. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Don said:

#1 There is an element of Sri Lankan value addition here. If there wasn't this car would be even more expensive.

#2 Unlike Micro this manufacturing plan brought in foreign investment as its a joint partnership with Mahindra of India.

I heard that Mahindra was almost about to close the factory and leave Sri Lanka, because the approval from RMV and Authorities to sell the vehicle in SL was taking ages. Hope they changed their mind.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2020 at 6:22 AM, ajm said:

I heard that Mahindra was almost about to close the factory and leave Sri Lanka, because the approval from RMV and Authorities to sell the vehicle in SL was taking ages. Hope they changed their mind.

The local partner Ideal also has a lot of money invested so I don't think they will just abandon it. It is available for sale now, though the timing was not helpful at all. And now exchange control measures will affect it even more. 

To me an automatic gearbox is necessary to really make it attractive to local buyers, so I hope they will consider one soon. 

18 hours ago, The Don said:

The local partner Ideal also has a lot of money invested so I don't think they will just abandon it. It is available for sale now, though the timing was not helpful at all. And now exchange control measures will affect it even more. 

To me an automatic gearbox is necessary to really make it attractive to local buyers, so I hope they will consider one soon. 

@The Don what about the components / raw material for manufacture? Will those be exempt from the import restrictions?

The export companies will have an excuse to import, thread or fabric as an example, given the local value addition and potential forex earning capacity but what will Mahindra/Ideal do you reckon?