• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Axio, Premio or Grace?

danuja001

I am looking forward to buying a new car abt 50-55lhaks, And i am interested in Toyota Premio g superior 2013 and Axio wxb 2016/17..can i know the witch one should you recommend and both good and bad of those cars?

Edited by Davy
Edited Topic Title. Added Search Tags.

If I were you, I'd go for an Axio WXB 50th anniversary edition due to the red interior.

A premio has a slightly plushier ride quality. Axio is comfy too. One is a hybrid, one is not. Buy the car depending on which factor is most important to you (resale, design, interior quality, economy, etc..)

Edited by AVANTE
  • Like 1

Actually Axio WXB has better techs over a 2013 Premio such as Toyota safety sense C  ( LDW,  Automatic High Beam,  Auto emergency brake )

Also it has cruise control. 

Some Premios of that era has electric driver seat adjusters which is not included in Axio WXB.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Actually Axio WXB has better techs over a 2013 Premio such as Toyota safety sense C  ( LDW,  Automatic High Beam,  Auto emergency brake )

Also it has cruise control. 

Some Premios of that era has electric driver seat adjusters which is not included in Axio WXB.

Misread the model year. Surprised that the 2013 premio doesn't have cruise control. I thought they did.

• Sad 1

The Axio is based on the Vitz and is Toyota's entry level sedan for the Japanese market. The Premio on the other hand is a mid sized family sedan. The Premio will have a nicer and more refined ride and a better finish inside. The Axio...well..it feels a bit mmore hard and jerky on the ride and the interior plastics feel cheap. In terms of tech...because you are looking at a newer Axio it will have better tech than an older Premio.

Now...you need to realize than in SL there is a lot of fake sh!x for sale. The G  "Superior Package" grade ONLY comes with a 2L engine. There are NONE of these in SL. Before the 2016 facelift, Toyota dealers offered a "G Superior" dress up package to the 1.5L F EX Package grade. About 2% of the so called G Superior in SL are these actual Toyota dealership installed G Superior dressup package. Because they put it on the hghest grade of the 1.5L (and 1.8L) you get things like electric seats, LED lights, etc....98% of the G Superior in SL are normal 1.5L F that SL car dealers have installed using used or chinese OEM parts. How can you know if it is a actual G Superior dressup package from the Toyota dealer...in a used car you cannot. You will need to see the auction sheet (which is faked in SL anyway) or the build-spec-sheet from the Toyota dealer in Japan. So..there is a 98% chance that you are paying a lot of extra money for some fake badges. In my view..you are better off buying a car that is actually advertised and badged and sold as a 1.5L F EX Package. When you look at the ID plate if the model number is NZT260-AEXEK then it is a 1.5L F. If it is NZT260-AEXEK-X (or some other letter) then it is a 1.5L F EX Package or a L Package or something. 

The Axio WxB has to have black seats with white stitching (or vice versa). WxB means white (by) black. Local dealers sold of standard G grades with WxB badges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, danuja001 said:

I am looking forward to buying a new car abt 50-55lhaks, And i am interested in Toyota Premio g superior 2013 and Axio wxb 2016/17..can i know the witch one should you recommend and both good and bad of those cars?

depends on your requirement and what you expect of a car.

Premio is an aged platform but a car that kind of handles the local conditions well with ground clearance and overall simple mechanics if you're after a decent a-b ride then that will serve the purpose. The cons : 1. You are overpaying for an old car.  2. Due to mass popularity most units are  hacked, tampered and sold off with fake mileages etc...basically tough to find a clean and honest premio or an allion for that matter. 

WXB is a bit more techie, newer and TBH a little more interesting (personal opinion) but of course it's a hybrid and as Irage mentioned the interior and ride might not be as refined as a Premio. Again Personal preference I have driven a few premios and they've always felt to me like big sofas on wheels.. 

I honestly would not buy either but if asked to chose between the two i'd pick the Axio.

Edited by matroska
  • Thanks 1

Well...you keep talking about an upgrade....what do you have now ?

The Grace is based on the Fit's platform and is the same category as the Axio (again..the Axio is based on the Vitz and is not a proper Corolla..which the Japanese were embarrassed about). Between the Grace and the Axio..the Grace is a much more refine feeling car and is much nicer to drive.

However, the Vezel and Grace Hybrids come with a DCT which has issues in local driving conditions IF it is not meticulously maintained. It is not a failure..it is just that for the way we drive it has premature wear and tear and requires a lot of pampering of sorts and disciplined driving for it to last. The GASOLINE Vezel and Grace/City has a normal CVT but those are hard to come by in SL.

Just now, iRage said:

Well...you keep talking about an upgrade....what do you have now ?

The Grace is based on the Fit's platform and is the same category as the Axio (again..the Axio is based on the Vitz and is not a proper Corolla..which the Japanese were embarrassed about). Between the Grace and the Axio..the Grace is a much more refine feeling car and is much nicer to drive.

However, the Vezel and Grace Hybrids come with a DCT which has issues in local driving conditions IF it is not meticulously maintained. It is not a failure..it is just that for the way we drive it has premature wear and tear and requires a lot of pampering of sorts and disciplined driving for it to last. The GASOLINE Vezel and Grace/City has a normal CVT but those are hard to come by in SL.

I have 2007 Japan Alto and a Vitz F safety 2016 which i brought from indra traders  last year for 42lhacks and its bit expensive for that model, so i don't wanna be that jerk again. and i hope to buy a new car by selling my alto, that's why I'm keep saying upgrading 

Edited by danuja001

Well now that you have the Grace in your equation, it's definitely more "car" than the axio. Butbthe DCT risk is there, still many people do buy the Grace weighing in the risk factor. Why don't you actually test drive a few cars and see ?usually you get "naah this isn't for me" for some cars and some cars just feel right.  

P.S : I'm not surprised your sister suggested Grace Many ladies like the Fit GP5 and the Grace ...a friends sister was so infatuated with the GP5, and despite my warning about DCT issues (she was on a tight budget) her reply was "ane aiye I can't think of any other car than this now" ?

• Haha 1