• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking for an old fun to drive car :)

Klord

Most EP71s are rust buckets by now, so alot of potential project cars for sale now. A friend owned one and almost alot of things broke on it. Judging by your requirements, a corolla/B310 is the best car for you. 

Also, FWD = good grip in the rain, lots of tire wear upfront, not as fun as an RWD when cornerning, hard to do clutch maintenance, usually lightweight compared to their rivals/counterparts in the same segment.

RWD = Drifts, powerslides, more fun in the corners, scary to drive fast during the rain/bad weather. 

@matroska having fun all by yourself eh? We need a blog!

Edited by AVANTE

6 hours ago, Klord said:
  • Corolla KE20/30/50 – Whats the difference between each version? Engine capacity?
  • Corolla E80 – My uncle had this car. Have never driven this, but looks like it packs a punch. Is this the Toyota counterpart car to Nissan trad (or is it tread) sunny? I have heard lots of good stuff about FB12. But it clearly is out of my budget. But if this is made to rival FB12, this should be a good car.
  • Corona AT150 - Looks like a good car. What is the better car in terms of ride quality, E80 or the Corona? 
  • Starlet P60/ 70 – I find it too small. Im 6’ 2” so would appreciate a bit of space.

KE20/30/50 difference is that they use different platforms as they are different generations of the car. Albeit the E30 and E50 share similarities.

The E80's Nissan competition is the B11 series Sunny. The B12 series' Toyota competition was the E90 series Corolla (which is out of your budget)

The Corona is more comfortable than the Corolla. It is a larger category of vehicle and is  heavier. However, the COrona was intended for older people and the ride is soft and mushy. You should look at a AT150 series Carina or a A60 series Carina if you want a bit of a youthful drive.

Nothing wrong with the 323...just that you have to rev it hard. But that is part of the fun I suppose....

On 2/19/2020 at 6:02 PM, AVANTE said:

How many DeTomaso/GTi cars do we have here? Never even seen/heard of any. Do you have a pic of your car?

The sorry mate took a bit longer to find them from my FB profile.

Police impounded the car because it was too loud in the night and I was working in the night back in the day. Once they have released the car i have to change the hands rather change the silencer which I should have done.

At my place:

882266917_image1(1).JPG.025152545ab70adc37a2218e9f62c401.JPG

Changing the front engine mount (Common issue to be crack under 50k)

1740523233_image2(1).JPG.9a26e2445a89d685cf36b9e49a36d658.JPG

We have had a hail during winter so my 1st hail experience 

image3.thumb.JPG.208fbd3b2f64dcb14e74a1e1104b507b.JPG

It is still around so i might hunt

image.png.5bf5b532b681f7880b5f5049ee4299c5.png

Didn't know it was the 2140th car

• Like 2

On 2/19/2020 at 11:21 PM, matroska said:

wow the detomaso is kind of rare @AVANTE there was one for sale in SL a  couple months back...so there's at least one

Sl is famous for interchanging the body parts and rename (IE: Starlet 2 doors to Glanza V's, Lancer's to Evo's ect) so worth checking if it's an original Detto with G201S chassis number and it might be real.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, john cooper said:

The sorry mate took a bit longer to find them from my FB profile.

Police impounded the car because it was too loud in the night and I was working in the night back in the day. Once they have released the car i have to change the hands rather change the silencer which I should have done.

At my place:

882266917_image1(1).JPG.025152545ab70adc37a2218e9f62c401.JPG

Changing the front engine mount (Common issue to be crack under 50k)

1740523233_image2(1).JPG.9a26e2445a89d685cf36b9e49a36d658.JPG

We have had a hail during winter so my 1st hail experience 

image3.thumb.JPG.208fbd3b2f64dcb14e74a1e1104b507b.JPG

It is still around so i might hunt

image.png.5bf5b532b681f7880b5f5049ee4299c5.png

Didn't know it was the 2140th car

Wicked! That's like the mini's japanese cousin who failed college, a drug addict & is now a Yakuza member and up to no good. How hard is it to find parts for a 'DeTomaso' conversion? Wonder how many have gone around doing it. Still, nice car @john cooper

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, speed8 said:

If there a few here, seems like a decent alternative to a Starlet GT or Glanza V. Love the dual spoiler at the the back of the car.

Don't forget the Mazda Interplay cars. The glanza/starlets are perfect for ehat they do so an alternative isn' required (not easy to maintain those alternatives the same as a toyota either)