• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
rajika4ever

Nissan Tiida Reverse Gear Won't Engage

Question

I have a Nissan Tiida 2008 model, clocked at 96k. 

Today suddenly reverse gear stopped working. no matter engine is cold or hot it's not working, however when I put the gear into R and accelerate the engine, its engaging about at 3000 rpm. Once it engaged I can reverse without problem. Other gears are working fine as usual. I have change the gear oil every 30k miles with Nissan branded trans oil. also i have checked the gear oil levels and its not low.

What could be the problem?

How much it cost to replace the auto gearbox

I am from kandy. Are there any reputed gearbox mechanics around kandy?

7 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, rajika4ever said:

That guy seems rebuild the tranny..

Yeah but you could try the suggestions made by others on that thread... seems like you got the issue somewhat early, that guy had 180k miles (almost 300k kms) when that happened to his transmission

If you're going through the rebuild or replacement option these guys have the parts for it (recon)

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=469902340344715

Edited by Hyaenidae

Is this CVT? What is the oil you are using?

53 minutes ago, tilvin said:

Is this CVT? What is the oil you are using?

Its not CVT.  Its automatic Box.

The oil i used is Nissan Mattic D

This happens today after driving like 40 KM at about 4PM. I park the car at home for about 5 Hours and tried to put Reverse gear just now  and it WORKED!! but with a delay. Maybe 3-4 Seconds. 

Can this due to oil getting less thicker when its getting hot? and is working now with cold oil?

When you say that you had transmission fluid replaced every 30,000km, was it a drain and fill or a proper fluid change where the transmission oil pan was removed, cleaned and oil filter replaced? 

If you haven't done the latter, I suggest you get it done and observe the behaviour. While they are at it, ask them to inspect the valve body (especially the reverse gear solenoid) to ensure the o-rings are not leaking. A common cause of shift delays is due to low transmission oil pressure. If the oil level is okay, it's likely that the valve body o-rings are leaking.