• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Audi A4 2011 over Toyota Premio 2010

damybe

Dear experts,

I wish to sell my 2010 Premio and go for a Audi A4 2011. Any pros and cons I should consider? I would like to know about the following,

• Annual maintenance cost for a Audi A4 2011
  • Fuel consumption (km/l - city/outstation)
  • Parts availability

Any recommendation for a vehicle around 5M to 6M.

Your valuable feedback on this is highly appreciated. 

Thanks.

10 hours ago, GayanR said:

Raize z grade

Bro.why is it that you always post a single sentence on every thread with either,

1.just buy a premio

2.Raize Z Grade

?

I would like to know what you are smoking sir.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, damybe said:

Dear experts,

I wish to sell my 2010 Premio and go for a Audi A4 2011. Any pros and cons I should consider? I would like to know about the following,

• Parts availability

Thanks.

3 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Bro.why is it that you always post a single sentence on every thread with either,

1.just buy a premio

2.Raize Z Grade

?

If someone who's planning to buy a Euro is asking these kind of questions, then he shouldn't be buying a Euro. Simple as that. If this guy buys an Audi, it will be ruined. 

He should be either keeping the Premio or buying a Raize or something similar. So GayanR's response is right on target. 

@Crosswind I'd like to buy a euro, but with a clear idea. I raised the question coz I do not have any expertise in selecting a good vehicle over the existing one. There are vehicles around the range I mentioned. I hope to get a piece of expert advice. Coz after all, I should not be end up with something that I cant afford. If you can't give honest and helpful advice, better to keep it to your self.

Edited by damybe

4 hours ago, fiat fan said:

1.just buy a premio

2.Raize Z Grade

?

?

Bro I just recommended the ideal vehicle.Z grade because it is better than G superior.I knew the final result he will end up not liking the audi giving away the premio.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, damybe said:

@Crosswind I'd like to buy a euro, but with a clear idea. I raised the question coz I do not have any expertise in selecting a good vehicle over the existing one. I hope to get a piece of expert advice. Coz after all, I should not be end up with something that I cant afford. If you can't give honest and helpful advice, better to keep it to your self.

Don't get mad.other members will comment down the line.I just recommended a vehicle since you were asking for a vehicle upto 6m?

17 hours ago, damybe said:

Dear experts,

• Parts availability

Thanks.

I've always personally felt - when you're ready for a Euro you just know. You wouldn't actually ask from anyone. "When in doubt go for Japanese"

Now if you want something a little less bland than the Toyota (No offence meant -  it's ok for many people) you could consider something like a Mazda 6 definitely in your budget and quite the car.

The Raize is of course a Vitz on steroids that gives you the bragging rights at Chandana Maama's next anniversary party that you drive a 'Toyota Jip ekak....thel suwandata duwanawa' but I don't think that's what you're after. 

• Like 5

Maintenance cost :

a.

How did you maintain your Premio ? Did you take it to Toyota Lanka and buy all the parts from them and get them to fix everything ? Or at the very least did you always import the parts from Japan and get a reputed garage that is as technologically on par with Toyota Lanka to carry out the repairs ? Where di you do your services ? In one of the fore mentioned places ? If the answer to yes to these questions is yes...then your Audi is going to be the same price to maintain as your Premio.

Note: No Kumarage parts stores and Nanadasiris parts stores selling Genuine Toyota parts does not count (95% of the time they are either fakes or compatible parts that are infact intended for various other export model cars and not the exact part with the exact part number intended for the Premio.

b.

When the Premio required a service did you take it to get serviced exactly at the recommended mileage or the exact recommended time period (which ever comes first) ? When a problem came up did you go to the agents or a reputable garage as good as the agent to get it sorted out promptly ? Or did you go to these garages and get a quick and cheap fix done ? or did you go to your neighborhood mechanic and get it sorted ? If you answered yes to the first to questions and no to the last two questions...then you will find life with an Audi quite easy. With Euro premium marquees like this you need to be very diligent in how you maintain your car.

Fuel Consumption :

Will not be as dreamingly low as your Premio (most Premio owners would claim they get 17++kmpl in in their daily Colombo traffic burdened drive to work)....however it will be normal...so expect to get anything from 8 - 12 kmpl depending on your driving style and pattern and the spec of your car. But you will get 1000 times better smiles per miles in your Euro than in your Premio.

Part Availability

Reputed parts suppliers and the agent are always there. You will not be able to walk in to any random corner parts shop and find parts for it like for a Toyota vehicle (I would not buy parts from these places ever even for a Toyota for the note indicated under Maintenance cost).

Do you find and like the comfort of the Premio ? If yes...you will not like the Audi...the seas will be firm and the ride will be firm and you will dislike the car.

Alternatives you should be looking at....a Mazda 6. Toyota Camry (if you can find one within your budget..probably can't because its over priced since it s a Toyota). To be honest you really do not have much of upgrade options from a Premio unless you are willing to compromise on what you are asking about...

Edited by iRage
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, GayanR said:

Don't get mad.other members will comment down the line.I just recommended a vehicle since you were asking for a vehicle upto 6m?

Thanks bro. But there are Audi A4 1.8  2011 for the price range I mentioned. I'm looking for a reconditioned not brand new. 

5 hours ago, iRage said:

Maintenance cost :

a.

How did you maintain your Premio ? Did you take it to Toyota Lanka and buy all the parts from them and get them to fix everything ? Or at the very least did you always import the parts from Japan and get a reputed garage that is as technologically on par with Toyota Lanka to carry out the repairs ? Where di you do your services ? In one of the fore mentioned places ? If the answer to yes to these questions is yes...then your Audi is going to be the same price to maintain as your Premio.

Note: No Kumarage parts stores and Nanadasiris parts stores selling Genuine Toyota parts does not count (95% of the time they are either fakes or compatible parts that are infact intended for various other export model cars and not the exact part with the exact part number intended for the Premio.

b.

When the Premio required a service did you take it to get serviced exactly at the recommended mileage or the exact recommended time period (which ever comes first) ? When a problem came up did you go to the agents or a reputable garage as good as the agent to get it sorted out promptly ? Or did you go to these garages and get a quick and cheap fix done ? or did you go to your neighborhood mechanic and get it sorted ? If you answered yes to the first to questions and no to the last two questions...then you will find life with an Audi quite easy. With Euro premium marquees like this you need to be very diligent in how you maintain your car.

Fuel Consumption :

Will not be as dreamingly low as your Premio (most Premio owners would claim they get 17++kmpl in in their daily Colombo traffic burdened drive to work)....however it will be normal...so expect to get anything from 8 - 12 kmpl depending on your driving style and pattern and the spec of your car. But you will get 1000 times better smiles per miles in your Euro than in your Premio.

Part Availability

Reputed parts suppliers and the agent are always there. You will not be able to walk in to any random corner parts shop and find parts for it like for a Toyota vehicle (I would not buy parts from these places ever even for a Toyota for the note indicated under Maintenance cost).

Do you find and like the comfort of the Premio ? If yes...you will not like the Audi...the seas will be firm and the ride will be firm and you will dislike the car.

Alternatives you should be looking at....a Mazda 6. Toyota Camry (if you can find one within your budget..probably can't because its over priced since it s a Toyota). To be honest you really do not have much of upgrade options from a Premio unless you are willing to compromise on what you are asking about...

Thank you very much for the descriptive advice. It was really helpful. This is the kind of advice guys like us want to get. 

• Like 1