• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Axio G grade and luxel

Nisal N Narasinghe

Question

4 answers to this question

Depends on which generation you are looking at as well....in the 140 series the Luxel only came in 1.8L form..but with the 160 series the Luxel was available in 1.5 (which also meant the Luxel was a bit dialed down in the 160 series).

But yes..the Luxel is the highest grade of the vehicle and came with better accessories/features as standard than the G. Also, things like the seats and carpets and door upholstery were a bit nicer in terms of materials used and a bit of extra sound deadening. In the 140 series the suspension was a bit nicer (heavier engine..stiffer springs...) and was a lot more interesting to drive with the larger engine.

It also came with a few limited packages like the Luxel Aplha, Alpha+ which came with additional safety features like traction control, auto braking etc...(I know these are standard in the newer Axios but this was at a time these options were either not available or were options.

You hardly find any 140 series Luxels because of the Sri Lankan mentality towards large engines....there are a few base Luxels of the 160 series I have seen around.

The 140 series Luxel is better than the 160 series IMO. A well-known person owned a 140, and I was ready to buy it about an year ago. But he still keeps the car.

When considering the 140 series, it was a Luxel Alpha edition, 2007. Only thing missing was the alloy wheels.

In the 140 series, the Luxel had those options,

-Rear lip spoiler and front grille with vertical lines

-Teak panels(some G grades after the facelift also had panels, but in the 2007 era, those wooden panels were yellowish)

-7 speed tiptronic CVT transmission mated with 1800cc engine

-Split folding rear seats

-A better looking and a more functional meter panel

-Multi function steering was originally installed

-Auto parking came with the original navigation unit, including a hard disk and bluetooth connectivity

-rear suspension has an anti-roll bar to increase handling

-6 airbags

The alpha edition had all the above ones plus;

-Radar cruise control

-Pre crash safety

Haven’t inspected a 160 Luxel. I think the 140 series Axio is far more refined and comfortable than the cheapish looking 160 series.

4 hours ago, alpha17 said:

The 140 series Luxel is better than the 160 series IMO. A well-known person owned a 140, and I was ready to buy it about an year ago. But he still keeps the car.

Haven’t inspected a 160 Luxel. I think the 140 series Axio is far more refined and comfortable than the cheapish looking 160 series.

True...the 140 series Luxel was a proper grade with unique features that made it stand out of the rest of the lineup. The rear lip spoiler was a dealer option so not every unit got it. The radar cruise control (part of a pre-collision safety system that did funky things with seatbelts, etc..), auto parking were only available in the Luxel Alpha. The standard Luxel did not get them. The rear stabilizer was there in all Luxels and all grades of the 4WD variant of the Axio 140. But what made the suspension even nicer was the higher spring rates. The 7 speed you are talking about is the 7 speed sports shiftmatic gearbox, although to be honest that manual shifting really did not do much of anything...it had a mind of its own.

Sadly all this also meant that the Luxel Alpha was quite pricey.

The 160 series Luxel was just the same old Axio so it felt and drove just like any other grade of Axio, but with a few extra features. Again..these features seemed like they could be ordered on to any other grade of Axio as well...so there really is not much difference between the Gs and the Luxels.