• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fit GP 1 battery health

Corolla141

Question

Guys need a small help.. I'm no car expert and I'm trying to buy my very first car so bit cautious that's why posting here. Chosed gp 1 since i felt in love with the look of the car. 

I'm planning to buy a honda fit gp1 2012 10th anniversary model hybrid car. After negotiations price could be vary between 27.5-28 laks. So after much consideration I brought a guy to inspect the vehicle guy was from Greasemomkey (it was easy as they had a mobile inspection service). 

Few things I want to get clarified from experts and honda gp1 owners here. At first When the vehicle was breaked in the traffic IMA indicator did not show power transition to hybrid battery. It was still showing fuel engine symbol. but then drive went on further and it started to shift to battery on when stopped in traffic. It was shown in the IMA screen near speed meeter. Inspection guy said this die to car hasn't been driven regularly so the battery isn't charged. So if I do atleast 80-100km drive this won't be a problem. As per the owner of the he drives only once a week. When I asked the inspection guy about the battery percentage he said it was more than 65%. He also said after the test drive it increased. I'm curious on this could this really happen? Also on the scanner it showed faulty for ABS. He said it's not something big only scanner could identify it hence not to worry now I will be able to do more than 5000 kms. If it's something big error will appear in the dashboard. Also there another error it showed for Honda BCM. He said that's also because of ABS issue. 

He said battery is in good health condition and if I drive few miles consistently percentage will go up. Is that possible?

I'm attaching the scan results here. I would be really thankful if anyof you can give me yours opinion whether it's a worthy buy. 

This vehicle's chassis number doesn't fall for engine oil burning issue which honda recalled. 

https://www.honda.co.jp/recall/auto/other/170120.html 

Appreciate your thoughts....

GP1-1200002-GP1-1242186

May 10, 2012-August 2, 2013

GP1-8000002-GP1-8000091

May 29, 2012-June 13, 2013

53629FE0-CA43-46A2-A985-B0D31AF3718E.jpeg

DB82AA26-0099-43C1-A27F-B92C657CB9D5.jpeg

695A4E22-5726-452A-8A77-B302E2CB865D.jpeg

897C3447-96A9-4F9F-982C-4F7D79ACF89A.png

D6FE1AA8-C438-4845-B200-2628B728CCA1.png

6CE897E0-6641-4936-829E-7364F792CB3A.png

BE4A2109-CAA7-4D75-8A23-FF7617AD15EF.png

6A6E8F49-0CD3-4EE5-A211-9B4FD62223F4.png

BEF09853-3045-488E-9B1D-3B2BA6022529.png

7AB457E6-8979-40F3-92BC-FFC44221A2B0.png

FDCEBE2F-95A3-441C-AEAE-9AE2A7D29F39.png

3 answers to this question

As per the report it seems the car has some issues with the suspension system as the guy has marked it as FAIL. I didn't come across the section where the battery percentage was mentioned in the report though (maybe I missed it).

59 minutes ago, Corolla141 said:

Few things I want to get clarified from experts and honda gp1 owners here. At first When the vehicle was breaked in the traffic IMA indicator did not show power transition to hybrid battery. It was still showing fuel engine symbol. but then drive went on further and it started to shift to battery on when stopped in traffic. It was shown in the IMA screen near speed meeter. Inspection guy said this die to car hasn't been driven regularly so the battery isn't charged. So if I do atleast 80-100km drive this won't be a problem. As per the owner of the he drives only once a week. When I asked the inspection guy about the battery percentage he said it was more than 65%. He also said after the test drive it increased. I'm curious on this could this really happen?

Regarding this, maybe at the time the test drive began the battery would have been on a lower level of charge (as it is not being driven frequently like you said it is normal for the battery to discharge. But, it is not good for the health of the battery in the longer run). Once the car is being driven the battery gets charged that's the way hybrids operate hence, it switched to the battery during the 2nd stop at traffic.

However, the battery percentage your mechanic referred to should be the SOC (State Of Charge) because that is the only percentage that can increase when the car is driven. What you should actually worry about is not the SOC but the Effective Battery Capacity, which will not vary when the car is driven. Didn't your mechanic tell anything about that?

My personal opinion is you are better off with a another car that is being frequently driven as the battery condition should be better in such a car. And I'm pretty surprised that this car which is driven only once a week has all these suspension issues with it. On top of that you mentioned about a ABS related error code and another related to the Battery Control Module? If I were you I'd look into another one..

If you really want to buy this car get it examined from the agents; would cost you around 7500 LKR. But, please do note that you should buy a hybrid only if you plan on driving a lot of KMs otherwise you won't be able to realize any fuel savings when the battery replacement comes up eventually. 

There is a petrol version of the FIT as well if you are attracted to the design of the car :)