• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2018 Honda CRV rear differential oil change

aamarakoon

Hi guys, 

Does anyone know whether you get a reminder on the display unit when rear differential oil change is due?    

Mine has done 10k now. According to the owners manual 1st change is at 20k or 12 months.

Has anyone done it? What is recommended by the agent?  

Thanks.

( I'm not servicing at agent hence the question) 

IMG_20190923_211636~2.jpg

In the past the CRV required Honda's own Hypoid or Dual Pump oils for the differential. I know of quite a few CRVs that got their rear differentials messed up because the owner used third party oils. Granted there are many oil brands that have 85w-90 hypoid oils but for some reason that seems to not work (atleast in the old ones). Had the first three generations of CRVs. The first and second gen CRVs were a big no no for non Honda oils but the 3rd was a bit more tolerant it seems with OEM oils..maybe it has gotten better now. But at the end of the day the Honda oils were not that much expensive than the OEM ones..so it might not be worth the risk

8 hours ago, kush said:

In my 2013 they changed it every 20K km  as i remember and did not cost that much. Less than Rs. 5-6K as i remember.

So nothing much has changed in that regard seems like it...even our old ones required changes every 20-30K....and if it didn''t get the change the whine would come up....Honda really needs to reassess their funky diffs.