• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prado box body permit

Dave8781

No No @Dave8781 it's not the questions - please do feel free to ask away

It was more of a general observation about how we as a society operate in relation to the loopholes which surround the laws that govern car related matters here

It's a policy failure tbh when you think long and hard about it - a mix of social development issues, economics and geopolitics that govern the access we have to cars in this country

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devinda_Z said:

No No @Dave8781 it's not the questions - please do feel free to ask away

It was more of a general observation about how we as a society operate in relation to the loopholes which surround the laws that govern car related matters here

It's a policy failure tbh when you think long and hard about it - a mix of social development issues, economics and geopolitics that govern the access we have to cars in this country

Now we are discussing old diesel SUVs in a philosophical standpoint, Nice?

17 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@iRage I give up

? I guess the hunt for a Hilux Surf, Wizard, BigHorn and Patrol all ended up with no result. 

Well...we cannot discuss or condone anything illegal on the forum....so....the only legal way to do it is to app;y for a body permit from the RMV. Once you have the approval to swap the body, you either need to find the parts locally (from pre-existing parts in SL or get a supplier to import one for you) or import a body yourself (in which case you will need to find someone who will find a Prado for you in Japan and then ship it for you..please note that you will not be able to import seats).

There are a few garages who are "specialized" in doing these conversions. So they should know exactly what needs to be done and how.

To be honest...I do not think you will save that much money in doing a body swap vs. buying an original Prado (there are quite a few of them around). I suppose the only time you would have an advantage is if  you choose an entire and very specific  Prado for yourself in Japan and import that for a transplant (kind of like the Evo and Subaru conversions). If you are willing to put in the time and effort..why not buy an actual box Prado and do a proper build up ?

4 hours ago, iRage said:

? I guess the hunt for a Hilux Surf, Wizard, BigHorn and Patrol all ended up with no result. 

Well...we cannot discuss or condone anything illegal on the forum....so....the only legal way to do it is to app;y for a body permit from the RMV. Once you have the approval to swap the body, you either need to find the parts locally (from pre-existing parts in SL or get a supplier to import one for you) or import a body yourself (in which case you will need to find someone who will find a Prado for you in Japan and then ship it for you..please note that you will not be able to import seats).

There are a few garages who are "specialized" in doing these conversions. So they should know exactly what needs to be done and how.

To be honest...I do not think you will save that much money in doing a body swap vs. buying an original Prado (there are quite a few of them around). I suppose the only time you would have an advantage is if  you choose an entire and very specific  Prado for yourself in Japan and import that for a transplant (kind of like the Evo and Subaru conversions). If you are willing to put in the time and effort..why not buy an actual box Prado and do a proper build up ?

Of course I dont wanna do anything illegal

• Like 1